Breastfeeding
Options

Moving... Need Advice

We are moving in a couple of weeks from New Orleans to Baltimore.  We will be driving for 4 days and making a little road trip out of it with my parents, who are helping drive since we have 2 cars and a moving truck.  My question is: what should I do with the frozen milk I have?  I don't have a huge stash, but I probably have about 50 oz. of frozen milk, and I don't want it to go to waste.  Will it stay frozen on dry ice for that long?  Should I start feeding it to her over the next couple of weeks?  The problem with that is that then I'll have newer frozen milk that I'll have to deal with when it comes time to move...

Any suggestions appreciated! 

Re: Moving... Need Advice

• Options
    I'm not sure what exactly your situation is, but you could always take some and use it on the trip or when you get there, and the freshest stuff that you pump before you leave you could donate?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Mail it. You can overnight it and it'll still be good I think. Have a friend freeze it and then ship it to you once youre there. Get one of those Styrofoam containers and pack it with like ice packs and all your milk in might cost a bunch of money but whatever.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    annksawannksaw member

I'm just a lurker.

But you could always donate it, if the PPs suggestions dont work for you.

• Options
    nycnolanycnola member
    Sad to hear you're leaving NOLA! I was an EP with LO#1 and I traveled with frozen milk all the time. Dry ice works wonders. It would even freeze freshly pumped milk. We got a cooler, put the frozen milk in the bottom, wrapped the dry ice in newspaper and laid it on top of the milk, and then put a towel on top of the dry ice to make the space the ice was cooling smaller. The dry ice would keep the milk frozen for 24-48 hours. We mostly bought our dry ice at grocery stores. Between NOLA and Baltimore there should be at least one town with a Publix, that's one store we bought at. Good luck!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"