Working Moms
Options

Judgement Day/UOs

I judge Mother Nature. WTF is up with this weather!? Is it spring yet or not? I dont event want to think about how craptastic next weekend's weather will be for Memorial Day. Blah. #lameassproblems

I also judge a BFF who constantly complains about how tired and busy she is. When she was a working Mom, she complained. Now that she is a SAHM, she complains. I get that no situation is perfect, but we are all tired and busy, we just choose to to complain about it all the time. She did the same thing in college with schoolwork. Cue internal eyeroll. I still love her though :)

Re: Judgement Day/UOs

• Options

I am judging myself today for not listening to the weather forecast. 

I just heard someone say it's going to get up to 80 degrees today in Manhattan and I am wearing jeans, closed toe shoes, a long sleeved top and I brought a jacket.

WTH?

BFP 1- EDD 2/09/11 Missed MC DX @11 weeks D&C- 7/25/10 BFP 2- EDD 12/22/11 Natural MC @ 5w 2d BFP 3- EDD 1/25/12 DD Josephine born 1/16/12

Lilypie - (TUWi)

• Options

I judge most of my patients for not putting enough/any effort into their own health and I judge them even more for taking it out on me when they are admitted, yet again, to the hospital for a completely avoidable problem.

My UO is that after leaving AMA a certain number of times, Medicare/Medicaid should consider kicking you off or making you pay (at least a nominal amount of your bill) like other insurance plans do.

Those are bad, aren't they? ::sigh:: I promise I am a lovely and compassionate nurse, but man... it's been a rough couple weeks.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagemichaelaskedlauren:

I judge Mother Nature. WTF is up with this weather!? Is it spring yet or not? I dont event want to think about how craptastic next weekend's weather will be for Memorial Day. Blah. #lameassproblems

I also judge a BFF who constantly complains about how tired and busy she is. When she was a working Mom, she complained. Now that she is a SAHM, she complains. I get that no situation is perfect, but we are all tired and busy, we just choose to to complain about it all the time. She did the same thing in college with schoolwork. Cue internal eyeroll. I still love her though :)

I seriously can't stand people that constantly complain.  I've actually recently distanced myself from a "friend" who I am just unable to hold my tongue around anymore.  I love her to death, we all have craptastic days once in a while, if it's everyday, It's probably you, not everyone else.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie - (HKbp)Lilypie - (WKbt)
     Lilypie - (2DqE)  Lilypie - (1KYE)
    Lilypie - (RlhZ)Lilypie - (1CAm)
  • Options
    This is a funny one.  I got a flat tire 2 days ago and it was H E L L to get the final lug nut off.  I seriously had to get towed to a tire place.  It took them an hr to get the stupid lug nut off (it was stripped).  Then when I asked them to replace the lug nut they said they didn't carry lug nuts.  At a freaking JUST TIRES? C'mon.  Anyway they were cheap and patched up my tire.  I can drive on 4 lug nuts for a while, but really, a tire shop that doesn't replace lug nuts? Wtf.
  • Options

I judge people that don't wear their seat belts.

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
  • Options

imagemainerocks:
    I judge two of my neighbors who don't use any sort of car seat for their young kids. Is that even legal!?  I like them too, and they are originally from countries where this is probably unheard of... but how do you not even notice that every other family has their kids in special seats!?

Definitely not legal! How old are the kids?

DS is 1DAF

"I realize I say the word fuck a lot, and I'd like to apologize but I don't give a shit." -Lewis Black
  • Options
    skyejoskyejo member
    Social media is out of control.  Tweeting an Instagram photo that you also put on Facebook...enough already. I promise you we got the point.
  • Options

imageskyejo:
    Social media is out of control.  Tweeting an Instagram photo that you also put on Facebook...enough already. I promise you we got the point.

Haha, yes. We get that you made a dinner you're proud of.

DS is 1DAF

"I realize I say the word fuck a lot, and I'd like to apologize but I don't give a shit." -Lewis Black
  • Options

imageArkansasMom22:
    imagemainerocks:
    I judge two of my neighbors who don't use any sort of car seat for their young kids. Is that even legal!? nbsp;I like them too, and they are originally from countries where this is probably unheard of... but how do you not even notice that every other family has their kids in special seats!?
    Yes! I judge the dad at daycare who has an infant bucket seat facing forward in his back seat. His daughter is about 2 and too big for it, so I guess that is why he just sits her in it and doesn't strap her in. I have watched him pull out of the parking lot with her climbing out of it into the front seat...

I usually keep to myself on stuff like this (my three year old is still RFing, but I don't care if yours isn't), but I might have to speak up, on this one... a two year old, FFing in an infant seat is bad enough, but not buckled in, is ridiculous. Can you say something to the daycare center?  If not I might consider calling the police, or CPS.. SOMEONE!... he can't be that stupid to not know that what he's doing is wrong and unsafe.

• Options

imageLibraryChica:
    imagemainerocks:
    WTF?! I judge these people. I also judge people who give toddlers Coke. Toddlers do not need Coke! I don't, either, but I'm an adult and can make my own dumb decisions. Please, do not give my kid soft drinks, not even a sip.

I also judge parents who give their kids kiddie cocktails and kiddie-chinos (sp?)... You really don't need to condition your three year old to want coffee or alcoholic beverages when they get older, lets stick to water, milk and juice!

• Options
    imageHelenahhandbasket:

I am judging myself today for not listening to the weather forecast. 

I just heard someone say it's going to get up to 80 degrees today in Manhattan and I am wearing jeans, closed toe shoes, a long sleeved top and I brought a jacket.

WTH?

Does it really do any good to listen to the forecast anymore?  A couple of days ago, we had a playdate at the park.  I packed long pants and even a fleece pullover just in case because it said low 60s.  I walked out of work that day and it was about 20 degrees warmer than that...thankfully I had shorts in the car!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imagePrivacyWanted:
    imageMammaBear81:

imageLibraryChica:
    imagemainerocks:
    WTF?! I judge these people. I also judge people who give toddlers Coke. Toddlers do not need Coke! I don't, either, but I'm an adult and can make my own dumb decisions. Please, do not give my kid soft drinks, not even a sip.

I also judge parents who give their kids kiddie cocktails and kiddie-chinos (sp?)... You really don't need to condition your three year old to want coffee or alcoholic beverages when they get older, lets stick to water, milk and juice!

Kiddie chinos are a thing ?!?!

yes, it's just steamed milk or something like that (so no coffee) but it's a drink "just like mommy or daddy" and one day it will be real coffee!

• Options
    imageMammaBear81:
    imagePrivacyWanted:
    imageMammaBear81:

imageLibraryChica:
    imagemainerocks:

yes, it's just steamed milk or something like that (so no coffee) but it's a drink "just like mommy or daddy" and one day it will be real coffee!

When I was little I LOVED getting kiddie cocktails.  Granted, I was older than three but it sure made my sisters and I feel special.  And, given that I am not a huge drinker at all (I might be the only person I know who was never drunk during high-school or college) I think if anything it conditioned me to not think of alcohol as any big thing.  My parents also would let us have small glasses of wine on holidays which is really the only time they drank so maybe that played a role too.

Oh, and my oldest loves to use the Tassimo machine to make me coffee on the weekends and then he'll ask if he can have some coffee with creamer.  So, we spoon maybe two teaspoons out of my coffee and into his cup and then fill it with milk so I guess that's sort of like a kiddie chino.  It's not like I'd let him drink full-on coffee (not that he'd like it anyway) but what's wrong with an older teen or adult drinking it?  I guess I'm missing what the big deal is.

Kelly, Mom to Christopher Shannon 9.27.06, Catherine Quinn 2.24.09, Trey Barton lost on 12.28.09, Therese Barton lost on 6.10.10, Joseph Sullivan 7.23.11, and our latest, Victoria Maren 11.15.12

Secondary infertility success with IVF, then two losses, one at 14 weeks and one at 10 weeks, then success with IUI and then just pure, crazy luck.  Expecting our fifth in May as the result of a FET.

This Cluttered Life

• Options

On the carseat thing, I judge parents who non-stop preach about rear facing and say things like "well, safety is our top priority" suggesting that those who don't rear face until their kids are two, three, four, etc. don't care about the safety of their kids.  Sometimes I feel like it's not so much that safety is their top priority but instead their desire to be self righteous smugersons that is their top priority.  It's fine to mention the benefits of rear facing once but after that it just becomes obnoxious.

Kelly, Mom to Christopher Shannon 9.27.06, Catherine Quinn 2.24.09, Trey Barton lost on 12.28.09, Therese Barton lost on 6.10.10, Joseph Sullivan 7.23.11, and our latest, Victoria Maren 11.15.12

Secondary infertility success with IVF, then two losses, one at 14 weeks and one at 10 weeks, then success with IUI and then just pure, crazy luck.  Expecting our fifth in May as the result of a FET.

This Cluttered Life

• Options

I judge my friend's nanny who had a playdate with my nanny this afternoon. After 30 mins at the playground apparently friend's nanny wanted to take the kids to McDs and hang out. :/ Its not like ours has an indoor play area, plus it is beautiful outside! C'mon lady.

• Options

I judge people who use the elevator to go up one floor.

And I judge people who leave their dogs out in the heat all day. Letting your dog out to play is one thing but all day in extreme temps is just uncool.

photo 9de7615e-e1c7-4dc7-be37-5cc4c9e4e703_zpse37bbba7.jpg AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    CADE387CADE387 member

I'm judging myself. No matter what I seem to cut and aste into my sugnature, my ticker won't show up. Angry I have never had issues with this before.

I also judge those who don't swtich to maternity clothes. I'm pretty sure for pg#1 I let out an audible moan in the Kohl's dressing room the first time I tried them on.

• Options
    Netty_3Netty_3 member
    imageMammaBear81:
    imagePrivacyWanted:
    imageMammaBear81:

imageLibraryChica:
    imagemainerocks:

I  judge a girl here at work who's 4 year old loves coffee! Why does he even know about it?!

I also judge people that make excuses for their kids laziness, because they're lazy parents. I'm not a teacher, but pretty much half of my family is, and everytime I hear their nightmare parent stories, I just think...where's the accountability and parenting here? Ugh, raising a bunch of entitled princess slackers.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers Anniversary
  • Options
    imagekbruington:

imageLibraryChica:
    imagemainerocks:
    I judge two of my neighbors who don't use any sort of car seat for their young kids. Is that even legal!? nbsp;I like them too, and they are originally from countries where this is probably unheard of... but how do you not even notice that every other family has their kids in special seats!?

My SIL actually poured the water out of her 2 year old's sippy cup and replaced it with Coke Zero. I should have punched her.

whiskey.tango.foxtrot. 

promised myself I'd retire when I turned gold, and yet here I am
  • Options
    LoCarbLoCarb member
    imageFullcircle06:

I judge people who use the elevator to go up one floor.

And I judge people who leave their dogs out in the heat all day. Letting your dog out to play is one thing but all day in extreme temps is just uncool.

Me too! 

• Options
    imageitsmevkb:

On the carseat thing, I judge parents who non-stop preach about rear facing and say things like "well, safety is our top priority" suggesting that those who don't rear face until their kids are two, three, four, etc. don't care about the safety of their kids.  Sometimes I feel like it's not so much that safety is their top priority but instead their desire to be self righteous smugersons that is their top priority.  It's fine to mention the benefits of rear facing once but after that it just becomes obnoxious.

I am going to be RFing our daughter until he outgrows the seat. I honestly believe you should until at least 2 and will judge you for changing before than. I do agree that is gets a little overboard from there. Suggesting a mother changing their 3.5 year old back to RFing seems a little much. 

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
  • Options

imagemainerocks:
    I also judge people who give toddlers Coke. Toddlers do not need Coke! I don't, either, but I'm an adult and can make my own dumb decisions. Please, do not give my kid soft drinks, not even a sip.

I'm jumping on this bandwagon too. My MIL is constantly trying to give my DS MiO and coke. He's too young to even need anything besides milk, which he drinks just fine, but even if he did need water, he needs to learn to drink plain old water. Yes, someday for a treat flavored water or a soda will be fine, but he is one! There is no reason to give him MiO or cookies or goldfish crackers or any other crap as long as he is still willing to eat green beans. Yes, someday he will realize that carrots aren't actually the tastiest things out there but until he figures it out, lets just take advantage of this delusion as long as we can.

Although, I have to make a confession. I let him have a sip of coke once. It was a gamble. He was reaching for my diet coke and whining when we were in the store. I thought i could keep telling him no or try to hide it but it might just turn into more drama or I could give him a sip and hope the carbonation turned him off. I was so ashamed of someone seeing me though, we had to sneak off into a corner and I was as stealth as I could be. I did a little dance when he tried it and immediately teared up and wiped his tongue. I got to enjoy my diet coke in peace and he stuck with the milk. 

• Options
    imagembenit4:
    imageMammaBear81:

imageLibraryChica:
    imagemainerocks:

I don't know what a kiddie chino is but I don't a Shirley Temple will influence someone to drink that wasn't going to anyway.

haha, I was going to post that I loved a Shirley temple as a special treat at restaurants as a kid and it didnt impact me drinking...I also see zero issue w a steamed milk, to me that is not a kiddie chino any more than a hot chocolate is? Now if someone is serving some fake coffee thing or some decaf coffee latte thing to small kids or toddlers or creating some drink that looks "just like mommys Cosmo or wine" or something like that, it is a little different I guess. But really, I also had a great time smoking those bubble gum cigarettes as a kids where the sugar came out if you blew on them...I never tried a cigarette until college and always knew smoking was bad for you and had no desire to really smoke...I probably wouldn't give my kids candy cigarettes but I can't get all worked up over this type of thing...

• Options
    Ms.JadeMs.Jade member
    imageMammaBear81:

imageArkansasMom22:
    imagemainerocks:
    Yes! I judge the dad at daycare who has an infant bucket seat facing forward in his back seat. His daughter is about 2 and too big for it, so I guess that is why he just sits her in it and doesn't strap her in. I have watched him pull out of the parking lot with her climbing out of it into the front seat...

I usually keep to myself on stuff like this (my three year old is still RFing, but I don't care if yours isn't), but I might have to speak up, on this one... a two year old, FFing in an infant seat is bad enough, but not buckled in, is ridiculous. Can you say something to the daycare center?  If not I might consider calling the police, or CPS.. SOMEONE!... he can't be that stupid to not know that what he's doing is wrong and unsafe.

Our infant seat goes up to 35 lbs. Our 18 month old is 25. Since he rarely drives her and I don't relish the idea of moving and re-installing our huge Britax Marathon from my car to his, we still use the infant seat. Rear facing, and strapped in. This guy, however, sounds like a moron. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"