Adoption
Options

*Ellekae and Kimmyb1020*

Hi fellow China waiters! 

Ellekae,

Our agency allowed us to go ahead and apply for NSN and have the option to go through the list of medical conditions later to amend as we go with anything we feel comfortable with.  Is this an option for you?  I know those decisions take a lot of research and time and it helped us move the paperwork along to be able to take our time on that piece.  Now that we have our LID, we are going into possible options for us.  Just curious.

Kimmyb,  

Thinking of you and praying each day that you get your golden ticket and can keep moving along!  You don't have much more to go now, this last bit moves the fastest!  :)

TTC for 5 years, with 2 failed IUIs. Excited to grow our family through international adoption!
Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Be JOYFUL in HOPE, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer. ~Romans 12:12

Re: *Ellekae and Kimmyb1020*

• Options
    ellekaeellekae member

Hey, Stormy! We're applying directly to the minor/correctable special need program because that's the program we felt called to. Our agency actually doesn't have a NSN program in China right now. We've been plugging away at the list and are about 75% of the way through it... A lot of the conditions that we've marked our openness as "moderate" (as opposed to minor or major) are medical issues and conditions that we'll review on a case-by-case basis. We're trying to be as open as we can; every kid needs a home, right?

Good luck! This is all a bit scary!

Our Adoption Blog & Fundraising Efforts

Heading to China in November 2014 to bring our son home!

• Options

Oh ok, got it!

If you find any excellent resources during your research of those conditions, please pass them along.

We don't know what else we are called to do yet, beyond China, but we do know we will most likely pursue more than one adoption to grow our family.  Whether that is special needs, domestic adoption, or other countries, we don't know but are looking into all options.

TTC for 5 years, with 2 failed IUIs. Excited to grow our family through international adoption!

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Hi girls! Thanks for the good thoughts, I'm going to email the USCIS tomorrow (trying to wait as long as possible since I last emailed them monday!) and see if they have moved it along any. All of this hurry up and wait is driving me crazy!

Have you guys heard about the new computer system in China? That they are shutting down the office for a few days at the end of May? Of course that is right when we thought we would get our documents to China :P 

Good luck to both of you! 

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    After 2 years of IF workups/treatments and 2 IUIs, we have closed the door on fertility treatments.
    We are very excited to be pursuing international adoption from China!
    6000 miles and a day
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

We just got an email from our agency regarding the computer system a few days ago... I guess we got through just in time!

Praying it does not delay your wait too long! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"