Infertility Veterans
Options

Please Help! Advice needed!

My husband was diagnosed with Male Infertility.  I made him retest the semen and the only change was really in the morphology from 0% to 1%. The doctor immediately told us that IVF was our only option and that the DNA in the sperm is not effected by this number.  I have been doing a lot of research on the internet and I see that that is a FALSE statement.  Only way to know is to do DNA fragmentation.  We were also told that the reason for him to have 0% morphology is because he was just born that way.  I see all over the internet that people have changed their morphology rate by getting healthier and cutting out alcohol, caffeine, etc and taking Fertility vitamins. Below is his semen analysis, please let me know if you feel IVF is our only option due to these results below! 

ComponentYour resultStandard rangeUnits
ANALYSIS TIME, SEMEN1113

SEMEN VOLUME2.5>1.9mL
SPERMATOZOA, NORMAL %54>29%
WBC COUNT, SEMEN>1<=1 
SPERM COUNT, SEMEN22>19M/mL
SPERMATOZOA, IMMOTILE %60
%
SPERMATOZOA, NONPROGRESSIVELY MOTILE %, SEM FLD0
%
SPERM SLOW PROGRESSIVE %, SEMEN10
%
SPERM RAPID PROGRESSIVE %, SEMEN30
%
SPERM, PROGRESSIVELY MOTILE, TOTAL, SEMEN22>59MILL/SPEC

Re: Please Help! Advice needed!

• Options
    BzeetyDBzeetyD member

We are veterans but we're not doctors and we can't predict what will happen with your IVF success.

This board is a spot where women, who have been posting regularly on the Infertility board for 6 months or longer, come to share their experiences and get support from other veterans.

I see you also posted this on Infertility and that is the perfect place for this kind of post. If veterans want to chime in they'll be happy to do it on the Infertility board.

Best of luck with your research.

BzeetyD = 38, Mr. BzeetyD = 44 together 12/02 married 9/08
    TTC #1 since 1/10
    DX: Unexplained/??? MFI issues

Our lil' lost sparks:
    5w3d loss 7/30/10 - EDD March 2011
    8w loss 4/15/11 - EDD November 2011
    8w3d loss 8/2/12 - EDD March 2013
    4w c/p loss 10/29/12 - EDD July 2013

Long story: trying on our own + testing testing testing with 6 rounds of Clomid, more testing, injectables + TI, laparoscopy - one tube blocked, 2 IUIs with Follistim...BFNs.
    RPL testing all normal, Karyotyping normal

Moving on to IVF.

IVF #1 April 2012 = BFN, IVF #2 June 2012 = BFP. U/S 7/23 = saw heartbeat but measuring behind. Follow up U/S on 7/30 - no heartbeat. D&C 8/2. Trisomy 12. IVF #3 Oct 2012 = Chemical Pregnancy

Phone consult with CCRM on 12/12/12 - ODWU 1/4/13 - both tubes clear(!) - AFC 24, AMH 3.2, FSH 9.6, LH 5.4, E2 25. DH has high frag rate but improved!
    IVF #4 March 2013 CCRM. EP protocol w/ Menopur, Gonal-F & Dexamethasone. ER 3/29 & IMSI, PICSI. 43R 13M 10F 6blasts bio'd. CCS testing reveals 3 normals!!!
    FET 5/31/13 of 1 4AA blast - thawed and expanded. 4dp5dt BFP.
    Beta 9dp5dt = 181, 11dp5dt = 427. 1st u/s showed a healthy heartbeat! EDD 2/16/14

After 4 years of hoping and heartbreak, our sweet little bean was born on 2/19/14
    We are so in love with her.

"I'm not telling you it's going to be easy, I'm telling you it's going to be worth it."

Everybody is welcome!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"