Natural Birth
Options

Vba3c

Hello mamas!
We are planning a v bac with our 4th this November with a midwife in a hospital since I am apparently high risk. I will labor at home as long as I feel the desire and then off to the hospital for a water birth. Not medicated either. I haven't met any others in my shoes in my birth month or in the v bac forum. I appreciate this forum a lot more because these women have faith in our bodies to do what they were made to do.

Re: Vba3c

• Options

Congrats on the pregnancy! I am surprised they will allow you to have a water birth in the hospital after 3 csections. Are you in the US? What state are you in? Wherever you are you are lucky to find a provider that will let you birth as you wish. Good luck to you!
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I've had one vaginally and one csection and I'm hoping for a med free VBAC this timedue in October. I just found out that one of the hospitals my midwife delivers at has a birthing tub and they allow vbacs to use it. I'm pretty excited just at the idea of this. The hospital where I delivered my other 2 didn't even have a tub so I've never even considered this as an option. Now I have some thinking to do :
    Emmerson 3/23/10 Asher 2/7/12 Baby boy due 10/17/13
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I am delivering in Portland OR with a midwife in a hospital setting where OBs are there 247. I live in WA state where Vbac 3 are not allowed. This hospital is the only in the state qualified to take on cases like mine. I am very excited to journey in this, taking bradleymethod classes and I've hired an amazing doula.
  • Options
    imageKidcrazy4:
    I am delivering in Portland OR with a midwife in a hospital setting where OBs are there 247. I live in WA state where Vbac 3 are not allowed. This hospital is the only in the state qualified to take on cases like mine. I am very excited to journey in this, taking bradleymethod classes and I've hired an amazing doula.

That's awesome. I'm in Washington state and I do know one doctor that does vba3c at UW but they do not allow vbac patients to use the tub. I am a doula and I have a client who is planning on a vba2c with this same doctor and from what I have seen they are very supportive of natural birth at that hospital. They are even letting her decline an IV which I was surprised about. We are lucky to live on the Northwest where a lot of hospitals have a clue as to how birth should be and are lucky that we have options!
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"