October 2011 Moms

I'm oddly excited right now.

During winter months, our town's Park and Rec department opens up an old basketball court for toddler open gym play.   I took N to the park today to play with something other than what's in our backyard, and to my surprise, the parents I would see at the open gym were at the park too.  I was a bit of a shy parent at the winter play time, but I actually talked to the parents this time around.  I found out they were all a bunch of really cool parents, and most of the kids there were within a few weeks of N.  We talked about how beneficial coconut oil is, where to buy zinc in our town, and great food alternatives, like greek yogurt, for taking in protein.  While this stuff is fairly common knowledge around TB, it just really isn't around here. 

imageimage
Parenting Floozie Brigades official motto:  We welcome to you the board with open legs.  Also, open beers. ~@cinemagoddess

Re: I'm oddly excited right now.

• Good for you! Hopefully you can keep in touch with the parents. How about some extended rearing facing? No one does it here. I seriously get the stink eye from other parents at dc when they see me putting C in a still rear facing car seat, like I am doing something wrong and dangerous.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Nice! It's great to have some other parent friends.
  • Loading the player...
  • imagethetheisens:
    Good for you! Hopefully you can keep in touch with the parents. How about some extended rearing facing? No one does it here. I seriously get the stink eye from other parents at dc when they see me putting C in a still rear facing car seat, like I am doing something wrong and dangerous.

Should I ask next week?

imageimage
    Parenting Floozie Brigades official motto:  We welcome to you the board with open legs.  Also, open beers. ~@cinemagoddess

• imagethetheisens:
    Good for you! Hopefully you can keep in touch with the parents. How about some extended rearing facing? No one does it here. I seriously get the stink eye from other parents at dc when they see me putting C in a still rear facing car seat, like I am doing something wrong and dangerous.

Can't win no matter what; I am so tired of the stink eye.

Missy, I am so glad you found other cool, like minded parents to potentially spend time with! A major bonus that the kids are all close in age. Have fun!

image"width="200px"> Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imagesmit5009:

imagethetheisens:

Missy, I am so glad you found other cool, like minded parents to potentially spend time with! A major bonus that the kids are all close in age. Have fun!

If your kids is over the age of a year I don't care myself if you choose to turn your child. It just bothers me that some people have no idea that there is benefits. I was not making a dig at you or people who do not extend rear facing. It's like BLW, I have never met anyone in my area who has ever even heard of it.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• imagethetheisens:
    imagesmit5009:

imagethetheisens:

If your kids is over the age of a year I don't care myself if you choose to turn your child. It just bothers me that some people have no idea that there is benefits. I was not making a dig at you or people who do not extend rear facing. It's like BLW, I have never met anyone in my area who has ever even heard of it.

Sorry, what I said came across completely wrong and I didn't take it as a jab to me. What I meant by "Can't win no matter what" is if you turned them at 1 you would get the stink eye and if you keep them ERF like the AAP recommends you get the stink eye. What is wrong with this world?? I was shocked that someone would give you the stink eye for that. Even though I am tired of the stink eye I hope you gave it back! Big Smile

image"width="200px"> Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • That's awesome Missy. I know what you mean about some of the topics not being well known, it's the same way here. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker CafeMom Tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"