Dads & Dads-to-be
Options

New dad to be intro

Hey guys.

I've been lurking here and on the Nov13 board for a long time and now that we are into the 2nd Tri I figured I should say hi. 

A little about me/us...

We are due Nov. 6th with our first.

We're from central Illinois.

I'm 26 and she's 25 and we've been married for over 3 years.

I'm a software developer and she is a substitute teacher.

Hobbies for me include slow pitch softball, golf and watching/reading anything about baseball.

We are HUGE St. Louis Cardinals fans (as I'm sure you figured out by my sn) 

Gender hopes - she keeps saying that she doesn't have a preference but I think she is leaning more towards boy lately. However I have not made it a secret that I hope for a boy first (although I would be perfectly happy with a healthy girl). My sister has a daughter and is expecting another girl in August so it would be kinda cool to give my parents their first grandson.

Fears - We had been ttc since October 2011 without much luck. We got our first positive on Christmas morning 2012 but it didn't stick past 5 wks. But then we got another positive in February. So my biggest fear right now is that something will happen to this one. Aside from that it's a little stressful that right now we both mainly live off of my salary since subbing isn't always that steady. It's a decent salary but there is always that fear of what if something happens with my job and what would I do. 

I look forward to the sharing of knowledge and misadventures here :)

Re: New dad to be intro

• Options

Welcome! As an Astros fan, I hate you (well used to!). As a Dad, welcome!

I understand your job fear- I think most of us guys had/have the same fears since we have that innate feeling that we should "shoulder the burden" of financially providing for our family. And as for your other fears- I know it doesn't help any, but as you get into the 2nd trimester.. the chances of a loss really go down a lot. My wife was "at risk" through her whole pregnancy so we were in a constant state of nervousness as well. 

That would be cool to give your parents your their first grandson! My wife and I have a nephew on her side so we wanted a girl. But, it was a double edged sword. My sister lost her daughter at 38 weeks so.. that made it tough. We ended up having a girl which made things hard for my sister but happy as well. Perhaps you guys will get what you want!

Nov is going to get here so fast man. Hold on for the ride!  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Welcome!
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BhqjipgCIAAOz7H.jpg
    -My son was born in April 2012. He pretty much rules.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

We live in Bogota, Colombia. My wife is 35, I am 42. Little boy coming end of August... very excited. Nervous? Not really, aside from knowing that as much as I read, once he arrives, it's all hands on deck.

Just starting to read some posts here, which I am enjoying very much.

We are going to buy most everything in the US and bring it here, as it's all much cheaper there.

• Options
    Welcome and congrats!

• Options
    PrimePrime member

Welcome.  Do your best to not borrow trouble.  Most of this is already out of your hands.  Just try to enjoy it and each other.

Also... Go Reds!

• Options
    imagePrime:

Welcome.  Do your best to not borrow trouble.  Most of this is already out of your hands.  Just try to enjoy it and each other.

Also... Go Reds!

Eww a Reds fan Stick out tongue Just kidding!

Thanks!

• Options

Welcome, even though you like the Cards... Cubs fan here.  We have a couple Brewer fans in here too I believe.

• Options
    Welcome and congrats!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"