Blended Families
Options

NonBF

When I knock in your front door with your very old dog who does not have a collar and ask if it is your dog I would appreciate a response more than saying yes and asking what is wrong. Clearly your dog got out and I did not wnt to see them run over by a car or lost especially since they are old enough to have trouble walking over a curb! She eventually said thank you but looked at me like I was insane. This was in a neighborhood on my way to get DD from school. I wanted to tell her if her old dog could get out of the hard maybe she should fix her broken fence because not everyone is as nice as me!
Jen - Mom to two December 12 babies Nathaniel 12/12/06 and Addison 12/12/08

Re: NonBF

• Options
    It sounds like they just let him out to run. Some people really live in a cloud! Even though you got the weird response you did the right thing.
  • Options
    imagesocloudy99:
    It sounds like they just let him out to run. Some people really live in a cloud! Even though you got the weird response you did the right thing.

They said he must have gotten out of their fence and did do have a fully fences yard but it is missing a little bit of wood probably from Hurricane Sandy. And they live on the busiest street in the neighborhood and the poor dog looks disoriented. People suck! And if you are right that they just let him out and did not even watch him then I am even more glad I stopped. If they did not answer the door their dog would have been at Animal Control because I was worried about him!
    Jen - Mom to two December 12 babies Nathaniel 12/12/06 and Addison 12/12/08
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    bebe11bebe11 member
    imagewendilea:

My neighbors have a dog they let wander all over - he's a little yippy thing and will bark at the wind - nonstop.  We have tried talking to them, we have brought the dog back home, he is out constantly with no supervision.

Last Saturday the dog barked non-stop for over 7 hours.  He was just walking around barking.  DH went and talked to them, the guy just yelled "shut up" at the dog.  I watched it almost get hit by several trucks.  Finally, I took out my camera and videotaped it for 10 minutes.  Then I sent the video to the police, and  explained the ppl weren't doing anything about this dog, and we do have leash laws.

They were issued a warning, and now they have the dog chained to a gas line in their yard - 24/7.  The woman told the cop she didn't want the dog, but she hasn't made the effort to take him to a shelter (we have several no-kills) or anything.  I feel bad for the dog, he is just neglected. 

WTH? Why people have does is beyond me.  Poor dog, he is probably barking because he is lonely! :(

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"