VBAC

Expecting moms check in - week of May 14

Hi ladies. It's gonna be a quick one, as I'm one vacation with DH and DS this week.

1) How far along are you?

2) Any appointments?

3) How are you feeling?

4) Since the majority of us have had an epidural before, do you have plans for this time? Epidural? Natural? See how it goes? 

Pregnancy Ticker

M/C #2 - October 2016
MMC #1 - April 2016

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Re: Expecting moms check in - week of May 14

• Hi ladies. It's gonna be a quick one, as I'm one vacation with DH and DS this week.

1) How far along are you? 22 weeks today

2) Any appointments? Just with the beach, lol!

3) How are you feeling? Great! Intermittent heartburn, so I keep the Tums handy.

4) Since the majority of us have had an epidural before, do you have plans for this time? Epidural? Natural? See how it goes? I'm all about seeing how it goes. I'm not against an epidural, but I'd love to go natural too. I've hired a doula, which should help if I push for natural. But if I need drugs, bring them on!
    Pregnancy Ticker

M/C #2 - October 2016
    MMC #1 - April 2016

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • 1) How far along are you? Just over 21 weeks. More than half cooked!

2) Any appointments? Nothing this week. I don't go in again for another 2 weeks to go over the results from the A/S.

3) How are you feeling? I have a pinched sciatic nerve which is a major pain the a**! Other than that I'm feeling great.

4) I definitely plan on getting the epidural this time. I am a huge wuss when it comes to pain. I definitely want to try for a VBAC for health reasons but I want to feel as little pain as possible.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • skioskio member
    1 How far along are you?

Will be 35w on Thursday.

2 Any appointments?

Had one last week, no biggie. My doc wanted me to start weekly appointments and come this week and I'm just not going to. Everything has been super healthy and this week is busy for me. I'll be making an appointment for next Thursday at 36w when I'll get my GBS swab, give my doc my birth plan, and meet his backup OB.

Also, OB mentioned having another growth ultrasound at 38/39w to make sure she's not measuring over 9lbs and after much thought, I'm declining it. I don't care how big she is, I'm trying this. I'll consent to a scan between 40 and 41w, because 41w is when we talk about scheduling an RCS anyway.

Shitt's getting real, guys.

3 How are you feeling?

Pretty good. Big, harder to sleep, yadda yadda. But I'm not going to whine my way to the end this time. It's a perfect miracle and I'm blessed. Sciatic pain has died down. And thank goodness I have found a new heartburn medication that seems to be working, lol. It was getting really, really bad even on three Zantac a day and I was seriously concerned about long term damage. One Prevacid in the morning seems to be working wonders.

4 Since the majority of us have had an epidural before, do you have plans for this time? Epidural? Natural? See how it goes?

Med free. Something about the interventions last time [epi plus pit] is what caused my body to shut down. I am not willing to just wing it again. I am not anti meds by any means, but I know how my specific body reacted once and would obviously like to avoid that reaction again. I'll stay open to pain meds but will not have an epi placed until 8cm at the earliest. I'm planning for med free and am very prepared to follow through; I have taken hypnobirthing classes and practice breathing and relaxation daily. I drink RRL tea and take EPO daily. I do spinning babies and other pelvis opening exercises daily. I have a wonderful doula and tons of ways to help me get through the tough parts of labor on standby. I'm stoked.
    imagePregnancy Ticker
  • 1) How far along are you? 36wks 5d

2) Any appointments? Appt today went well.  It was the first DH could come to in a while due to scheduling issues.  Had my first internal and I'm a "squishy" 1cm dilated.  Talked over the VBAC consent form and when she'd like me to come in to L&D when the time comes.  DH and OB are placing bets on a May 28th birthday.

3) How are you feeling? Tired and sore.  I have a couple good contractions a day but nothing back-to-back or worth timing.

4) Since the majority of us have had an epidural before, do you have plans for this time? Epidural? Natural? See how it goes? We talked a bit about this today as they prefer an epi during a VBAC.  BUT she didn't say it was a prerequisite. I had planned on an epi with DD1 but things just progressed too quickly. I need to think it over some more but right now I'm still in the Wait and See camp.

BFP 2/14/08, DD1 born 10/11/08 (natural); BFP 5/16/10, DD2 born 01/12/11 (c/s, breech)
    TTC #3: BFP 4/27/12, Ectopic 5/16/12 Expectant Management, 8/15/12 Cleared to TTC
    BFP 9/25/12 EDD 6/6/13, Shooting 3-for-3 from the line: It's a Girl
    PgAL/PAL Welcome
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Hi!! Hope your enjoying your Vacay! 

1) I'm 39 weeks, due dates on friday!!

2) I have an appointment tomorrow afternoon. praying something has changed, even just a little

3) I'm just starting to get uncomfortable, mainly cause i have such a painful burning in my ribs from the baby. ultrasound says she'll be a biggin!

4) I'm not opting out of an epidural, but i definitely plan to wait til i am about 7cm to get one. i feel the pitocin and the early epidural caused my labor to last so long and it didn't give me the opportunity to fully dilate to 10, only to 9 :( i was so close! 

• imageskio:
    1 How far along are you? Will be 35w on Thursday. 2 Any appointments? Had one last week, no biggie. My doc wanted me to start weekly appointments and come this week and I'm just not going to. Everything has been super healthy and this week is busy for me. I'll be making an appointment for next Thursday at 36w when I'll get my GBS swab, give my doc my birth plan, and meet his backup OB. Also, OB mentioned having another growth ultrasound at 38/39w to make sure she's not measuring over 9lbs and after much thought, I'm declining it. I don't care how big she is, I'm trying this. I'll consent to a scan between 40 and 41w, because 41w is when we talk about scheduling an RCS anyway. Shitt's getting real, guys. 3 How are you feeling? Pretty good. Big, harder to sleep, yadda yadda. But I'm not going to whine my way to the end this time. It's a perfect miracle and I'm blessed. Sciatic pain has died down. And thank goodness I have found a new heartburn medication that seems to be working, lol. It was getting really, really bad even on three Zantac a day and I was seriously concerned about long term damage. One Prevacid in the morning seems to be working wonders. 4 Since the majority of us have had an epidural before, do you have plans for this time? Epidural? Natural? See how it goes? Med free. Something about the interventions last time [epi plus pit] is what caused my body to shut down. I am not willing to just wing it again. I am not anti meds by any means, but I know how my specific body reacted once and would obviously like to avoid that reaction again. I'll stay open to pain meds but will not have an epi placed until 8cm at the earliest. I'm planning for med free and am very prepared to follow through; I have taken hypnobirthing classes and practice breathing and relaxation daily. I drink RRL tea and take EPO daily. I do spinning babies and other pelvis opening exercises daily. I have a wonderful doula and tons of ways to help me get through the tough parts of labor on standby. I'm stoked.

Good for you trusting your body!!! I am working on a doula and think it is the best way to go but I am getting worried we won't find one in our price range. It is about 1000 to 1200 here so I am looking for a doula in training :) 

How far along are you? 29 weeks

. 2 Any appointments? Had an appointment today and my doc thinks this labor will go better bc my 2nd vbac. I needed forceps the last time and I am REALLY hoping to not need them this time! I was also happy to hear today that he doesn't force women to get epis but thinks moms are happier when they have them...hahaha....kind of funny bc I had an epi with my first 2 and LOVED it but I am going to try and wait longer this time. Unless we can hire a doula though I don't know if I will make it all the way.

3 How are you feeling? I feel great and hope to keep feeling this way. Obviously it is more difficult to do things but I feel lucky to only have minor issues....such as super full feeling after dinner and lots of burping :) Also I am trying to get a lot of house stuff ready and that has been exhausting but a stress reliever at the same time.

4 Since the majority of us have had an epidural before, do you have plans for this time? Epidural? Natural? See how it goes? Med free. I am going to see how it goes but the epi felt so good the first 2 times that I don't know if I will say no in the heat of the moment :)

• lovesjmlovesjm member
    imagea2003tiger:

Hi ladies. It's gonna be a quick one, as I'm one vacation with DH and DS this week.

1) How far along are you? 29 weeks

2) Any appointments? Saw the midwife today, baby looks great! We found out though that she will be out of town the week of my due date, and that the only other midwife in the health region will be as well. They have never been out of town at the same time before but it is apparently unavoidable this time. I get it, and don't hold it against her/them, but I really would like to have her there. DD came early, so hopefully this one does too and then I don't have to worry about it. She said the Drs who would be there to cover are great, but its just not the same.

3) How are you feeling? pretty good, but 3rdtri hit and I am all of a sudden way more tired and sore.

4) Since the majority of us have had an epidural before, do you have plans for this time? Epidural? Natural? See how it goes? Hopefully natural, but if its going to be long and hard like before, I am open to an epidural.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • 1. 31 weeks yesterday. Feels like it has been flying by and I don't have time to do everything that needs doing!

2. No appts this week with midwives. Next Monday I do have a refresher breastfeeding class through WIC that I am looking forward to and then an ultrasound and appt next wed.

3. I feel pretty good. Tired sometimes but majorly nesting. I feel like everything needs to be done now. And the list is long.

4. Id like to wait and see about an epi. Im not against it but would like to wait as long as possible.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • 1. I am 25 weeks.

2. No appointments until Monday.

3. I feel great!  My weight gain has been soooo much less this time, and I'm really focusing on that.  Hoping I can grow a slightly smaller baby.  I gained 67 pounds with DS, so I am trying to gain half that much this time.  Only up 15 pounds so far (more than I wanted, but nothing like the first time), so I think that's helping me to keep feeling good.  I'm also seeing a chiropractor which I think is helping.

4. Definitely going for natural this time.  I have hired a doula and I am just starting Hypnobabies. My goal was natural last time, but an induction at 41 weeks due to "low fluid" derailed my plans...

• 1. How far along are you? 32 weeks
    2. Any appointments? Just had a checkup, same old same old
    3. How are you feeling?Tired, nauseous, emotional, insomnia...I'm over it all.
    4. My epidural caused quite a few issues and was the reason I had to be put under so I am going unmedicated.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"