Adoption
Options

Anyone have bio-kids and are/have adopted

I almost feel like I'm being greedy. We have 3 children and we are starting the adoption process to have more. We would like our children to all be fairly close in age, but we're open. The main goal is to not adopt older than our oldest. I've read that that can be more disruptive to the family dynamic in place. 

DH and I have always wanted to adopt and discussed it before we were even married. We were each adopted by a Step-Parent, so we have some understanding of the gift we have been given and would love to do that for others. 

I'm just wondering if there are others out there who are going to or have blended their family in this way? What was your experience/thoughts? 

Re: Anyone have bio-kids and are/have adopted

• Options
    I haven't, but we do have some parents here with a mix of bio, adopted, and sometimes also stepkids. You are not alone. I'm sure they'll chime in.
  • Options
    Foster-adopt
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    We have one bio, one on the way and two adopted kids. We have one embryo in the freezer and plan to adopt seriously, oodles of more kids. We would love like 812 ! I don't see it as greedy, there are so so so many kids waiting for forever families and I wish more people would think like you after bio kids!
    Married on 3.20.2004. It took 30 month, 2 failed adoptions and IVF for our first miracle. We have had 9 foster kids since he was born and started the domestic adoption process when he was 10 month old, we had 4 failed matches in that time. After our daughter was born we brought her home and spent 2 weeks fearing we might lose her because of complications that came up. But Praise God all went through and she is ours forever! Expecting again after IVF Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers image
  • Options
    imageMayDayGirl:
    We have one bio, one on the way and two adopted kids. We have one embryo in the freezer and plan to adopt seriously, oodles of more kids. We would love like 812 ! I don't see it as greedy, there are so so so many kids waiting for forever families and I wish more people would think like you after bio kids!

8 to 12, not 812 lol my dash doesn't show up, weird
    Married on 3.20.2004. It took 30 month, 2 failed adoptions and IVF for our first miracle. We have had 9 foster kids since he was born and started the domestic adoption process when he was 10 month old, we had 4 failed matches in that time. After our daughter was born we brought her home and spent 2 weeks fearing we might lose her because of complications that came up. But Praise God all went through and she is ours forever! Expecting again after IVF Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers image
  • Options
    ellekaeellekae member

I have a 2-year old bio DD, and we are in the process of adopting a toddler from China's minor/correctable special needs program.

LOL at MayDay. 812 kids would be a lot. You'd def get a reality show. HA.

Our Adoption Blog & Fundraising Efforts

Heading to China in November 2014 to bring our son home!

• Options
    We have 2 biological kids, are trying for #3 right now, and are planning on adopting at least a couple via international adoption.  Adoption has always been on my heart and via family circumstances it was placed on my husbands heart shortly after we got married.  We are not going to adopt older then our oldest, but we also don't want to disturb the birth order for our other kids either.  So we are kind of holding off until we are done having biological kids, or feel a very definite push to go now.

Daughter #1 - February 12, 2010 

natural m/c March 11, 2011 at 8 1/2 weeks 

Daughter #2 - January 11, 2012 

Ectopic pregnancy discovered November 6, 2012 at 6 weeks

Daughter #3 - January 19, 2014

Started our exploration into the world of international adoption June 2012.  We have no idea what this is going to look like but we are excited to find out!

image              image

• Options
    We have two bio kids and have been in the waiting  stage of domestic infant adoption for 18 months.  Any day now baby!  :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    We have one biological daughter, who is 3.  She is basically our miracle child through IVF, as she was the only embryo we had during any of our treatment cycles.  I really felt the pull to adopt internationally, and I got DH on board this past winter. We are so excited to add to our family through adoption.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    TTC #2, Operative hysteroscopy March 2011; IVF #1 long lupron protocol April 2011-cancelled due to poor response; IVF #2 flare protocol May 2011=hospitalization due to abdominal hemorrhage during ER and no fert due to MFI issues. Moving onto international adoption from Moldova January 2013!
  • Options

We have 5 bio kids and are adopting our first child.  I had always thought we'd adopt a child or two when we were done having kids.  But once we have 5 kids the thought pretty much left my mind.  Then last fall I started thinking about it again and researching. 

The boy we are adopting is 3 and will be next to youngest.  The other kids are super excited, but it's hard to say how they will be effected. 

• Options
    I have a bio DD and we adopted our second DD.  I love having the experience of both and wouldn't trade it for the world.  I also love having an open adoption.  DD's BM is super sweet.  It's such a neat, special relationship.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

after several m/c, DD#1 born 7-7-08, more m/c and failed IVF, started adoption process March 2011, matched Oct 2, 2012, DD#2 born 10-31-12
    Hope Wait Pray Adoption Blog
  • Options
    Our kids are 18m, 3yo and 5yo. We're open to adopting under 5yo, likely more like 3yo and under. Although I know this could be quite a long process, so really probably just at or under the age of our 3yo at the time. 
  • Options

We have 3 biokids and are adopting from China's special needs program.  The way I see it, anyone willing to open their hearts/homes/lives to a child who may not get one otherwise is about as far from greedy as you can get, especially when you factor in the significant costs, financially and emotionally, of adopting.  And foster-adopt is even less "greedy"! 

We, too, are not adopting older than our oldest, but our son will likely be older than at least one of the other two since we started with youngsters.  I say go for it and enjoy the ride.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers >Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickersLilypie Breastfeeding tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"