January 2012 Moms

Can I judge for a sec?

Just when I think maybe she's turning a corner and I should give her the benefit of the doubt my SIL reminds me that yes, she is that selfish and it drives me mad!

Again she has a 3yo and had to get 6 guys tested until she found the daddy!

After the boy was 2 weeks old she threw a fit because her parents didn't want to watch him so that she could go to a party. Claimed that having a kid is too much work to begin with and her life doesn't have to change just because she had a baby... (yes, she said that!)

Now she's pregnant again (due next week) Of cousre with a different guy. She started dating him and got pregnant after 5 months into the relationship. During those 5 months they had broken up multiple times. As of today they are broken up again and her statement was. "Well this is the last kid i'm pumping out!" The entire pregnancy she just kept saying how she "f'n hated being pregnant" for no other reason that not being able to drink and party. Then before she even hit full 37 weeks she started doing all those things to enduce labor. Her first boy was born at 37 weeks and had lots of issues with his tummy and immune system. The doc said, yes in number of weeks speaking he was full term but he really needed to be in there for a while longer. (she had to be induced that time around due to an infection) So I just don't understand that she can't wait to get this baby out. (luckily the tricks didn't work and she's still pregnant)

Now don't get me wrong, I totally understand when moms are done and want to have the baby. Sometimes it starts a lot sooner b/c they are in pain, uncomfortable, sick etc.... I totally get that and don't judge that part at all!

But she is feeling fine, has no pain etc, it's just the fact that she wants to go party. Which is just another thing! She thinks she can just go back out there to find another guy while the baby is being raised by the grandparents. (which is exactly what's going to happen, just like the first time around)

Sorry, I'm just so mad b/c I feel so bad for those kids. I can't stop judging her!!! And that in itself makes me mad...

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Can I judge for a sec?

• Yeah, I would totally judge also.  Such a sad story.  Makes me want to beat her, but maybe it's my prego hormones.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Hey,  I'm not pregnant and I want to beat her. She sounds extremely immature(as in she sounds like she should be on Teen Mom). Hopefully her doc will tie her tubes after this one. 
  • Loading the player...
  • HuahineHuahine member

I'm side-eyeing the tube tie comment. I'm just going to assume that you are kidding.

This winner acts this way b/c the people in her life facilitate her self-centered immaturity.  If the grandparents didn't coddle her she would have to step up and be an adult.

image"">image"">imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • It's a sad story indeed.

Worst part is, the ILs always want to get DH and I involved b/c "it's family and we should help". NO THANKS!

I feel horrible for those kids but I have a daugher of my own and I need to protect her and I simply don't want to expose her to the insanity SIL brings.

• lp0lp0 member
    How old is your SIL? I could never imagine being so dismissive of my children. IL's definitely need to step back and let me take some responsibility. It always amazes me there are people out there so desperate to have a baby and there are these people who are so selfish and undeserving. The world is really unfair.
    "Happiness is like a butterfly; the more you chase it the more it will elude you but if u turn your attention to other things it will come & sit softly on your shoulder."

BFP! 04/26/11 - DS born 12/28/11 - BFP #2! 04/02/13 - DD born 12/11/13 -
    My Ovulation Chart

imageimage

• It was a joke, so side-eye away. Not everyone likes my sense of humor for obvious reasons. 

I agree with the coddling thing. But at the same time, they are their grandchildren. Maybe they'd rather take care of them than teaching her a hard lesson that may be harmful to them.  

• imageLP0198:
    How old is your SIL? I could never imagine being so dismissive of my children. IL's definitely need to step back and let me take some responsibility. It always amazes me there are people out there so desperate to have a baby and there are these people who are so selfish and undeserving. The world is really unfair.

Ha, she's turning 32 on the 20th!!! So you can't blame it on being too young to get it....

• My sister is the EXACT same way. My parents have custody of her first 2 and when she announced that she was pregnant with #3, my parents said no way they would raise it.  She end up giving it up for adoption but still blames my parents to this day that she had to give him up.  Never excepting that she was responsible for getting pregnant and didn't take the step necessary to raise her son herself. Some people just NEVER grow up.  I'm sorry that your family has to deal with this.  It never gets easier.
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"