Parenting after a Loss
Options

***Healthy living check-in***

Morning everyone- hope you had a good weekend!

Let's hear everyone's goals for the week!

For those who don't know... this check-in is for anyone wanting accountability in reaching their healthy living goals. If you want to be a part, come on in! We set our goals on Monday and check-in on Friday.

GTKY: How do you plan to pass on a healthy living lifestyle to your children?

My little boy went to heaven during childbirth Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

BabyFruit Ticker

type 1 diabetic for 7 years. Been on the pump for 6 years.

Re: ***Healthy living check-in***

• Options

okay I am only going to set one goal this week and maybe I will actually do it!

My goal is to do my tupler method ab exercises each day.

After that I would like to go jogging 3 times this week but I have to do my tupler exercises before anything else! I want really bad to close the seperation in my muscles before I have another baby.

GTKY: I believe the old saying "more is caught than taught." I believe that leading by example and having healthy eating and being active a part of everyday life that it will come naturally for my children. I also believe as a Christian that my body is a temple and I will teach my children that taking care of their physical bodies is pleasing to God.

My little boy went to heaven during childbirth Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    imageBumgellica216:

Hi! I hope you had a good weekend, too.

I had a pretty good week last week. This week I have started off "bad" because we got doughnuts for breakfast yesterday morning. I will let myself slide with that one since it was a Mother's Day treat  :)

My goals for this week are the same as last week:

1. Drink more water

2. Take my vitamins and supplements every day

3. Walk at least 30 minutes every day

GTKY: How do you plan to pass on a healthy living lifestyle to your children? Healthy eating is really important to me and I hope to get her into the habit of making healthy food choices. I don't want her having soda and junk food unless it is a special treat on a special occasion. 

of course everyone needs a mother's day treat! ;)

BabyFruit Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Today was my first weigh in for WW and I am down 4.6 lbs from last week! That is great motivation to start off the week! So this week my goals are:

1. Continue to track my ww points for what I eat.

2. Exercise 3 days this week

3. I believe Nolan is milk protein intolerant, so I have cut out all dairy from my diet. My goal is to continue this and stay focused on what I can eat as opposed to what I cannot eat.

GTKY: I agree with what you said, blessed. I think setting a good example is better than just telling them. I think little kids just naturally want to be active, so I want to help maintain that by being active myself.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    bmv1980bmv1980 member
    Hi all! I've been MIA from the PAL board for a while...dealing with a lot IRL. I think joining this check in will be good for me :]

My goals this week...I'll start small...

1. Drink plenty of water!
    2. Take my vitamins daily.
    3. 30 min/walking or elliptical at least 3 times. I can totally do this!
    4. More fruits and veggies.

I really think taking control of my diet and exercise will help me feel better all around. I look forward to Friday!

Gtky...I know teaching by example works better than anything! Why can't asparagus and turnips taste like ice cream and candy though?!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    What I need this week is to get back on the prune juice and buy some wheat bran to put in my drinks. I still struggle to clear my bowels. Ugh. OB/GYN said to do Kegels. Exercise will depend on my energy levels and the weather. DD is going through a phase where she wakes up the second she's placed in the crib at the start of the night so it has been a rough weekend for me. GTKY: Easier said than done. DH has a horrible soda addiction and I'm trying to get him to stop drinking the crap every day. DS does not drink soda but he sees DH drinking it and I don't want him to think it's OK to drink that stuff all the time. I have no problem with soda on occasion, like with a meal that goes well with soda (pizza, tacos), but not every freaking day.
    DS born 2009
    BFP#2 ~ 8/2/11, EDD 4/11/12, D&C 9/12/11 at 9w5d
    BFP#3 ~ 4/15/12, EDD 12/21/12 ~ DD born 12/22/12
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

Hello Ladies! I have a small cold and the temp today is supposed to be 102 so my goals this week are:

1) lots of fluids, especially water

2) walk in the evening at least 3 times this week

3) eat more fruit/salad

GTKY: I cut out sodas 2 years ago and feel so much better for it. DD will know that soda is only a treat every once in awhile so that she does not become addicted to it like I was. We need to eat healthier and commit to showing DD healthy eating.

May PAL Siggy Challenge - Mom Humor
    TTC Since June 2009 
    BFP #1 - 1/15/12, EDD 9/21/12, Missed M/C - 2/10/12 - I miss you Sapphire!

BFP #2 - 7/1/12 - Met my lucky charm Alexandra on 3-16-13!!!

image image image 
    AL always welcome! 

• Options
    My goals this week are to stay focused on eating healthy! Jackson and I are flying to California so I'm not sure how great I can be on a work out routine! Once I get back I plan on walking with Jackson everyday. We have some really pretty trails by our house. No excuses weather has been great!

GTKY: I want Jackson to grow up eating healthy and exercising. DH and I have for the most part given up rice and pasta. We do quinoa and spaghetti squash. I agree with children not knowing what unhealthy food is. I don't plan on Jackson knowing what McDonalds or anything like that til he goes to school! He can't want something he doesn't know.

BFP: 01/08/11 EDD: 09/15/11 Natural MC: 02/03/11
    BFP: 02/14/12 EDD: 10/26/12 D&C: 03/09/12
    BFP: 04.05.12 EDD: 12.17.12 Born 11.18.12 Jackson Kane 6lbs 5ounces

BFP: 06.08.13 EDD: 02.13.14 Baby Girl.. 2U2 Here we come

[url=http://www.thebump.com/?utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=UBB&utm_campaign=tickers][img]http://global.thebump.com/tickers/ttfdf7a.aspx[/img][/url]

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    krwactkrwact member
    May I join in?  I have gained weight since coming home from my stay with DS in the NICU and I'm really not liking this trend.  I ended my pregnancy at a healthy weight and I'm determined not to go back to really old bad habits.

Let's hear everyone's goals for the week! It's all about activity for me this week.  We're still not allowed out in public so I remain homebound but I have to stop letting that be a reason to be inactive.  DH will also not have a day off for three weeks so I won't have any alone time to steal away to the fitness room in our apartment complex.  I will commit to doing an exercise DVD here at home at least 3 times this week.  I already did an hour long one today so I'm off to a good start!

GTKY: How do you plan to pass on a healthy living lifestyle to your children?

As others have said, I believe in teaching by example.  I feel fairly confident about my own role but am less certain of my husband's.  He is naturally lean and can eat whatever he wants.  I have to work really hard to maintain a healthy life and weight.  I believe that thin does not mean healthy and I'm not sure how to ensure that DH's habits don't sneak into DS's.  
    Kim 

imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic image
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options

Hi Ladies, hope you had a nice Mother's Day! 

My plan for this week is similar to last week:

1. Drink my water

2. Baby bootcamp MWF

3. 3 walks with DS

4. Make dinner M-Th, and Sun.

5. Work on my planks as I can barely do any of the ab exercises in class yet.  

GTKY: I know this will probably be a battle in my house lol. I am a fairly healthy eater or at least I try. My H is not. He is at a healthy weight but drinks soda constantly, snacks nightly, doesn't eat breakfast, etc. Basically everything you don't want your kids to do! I think he relies on the fact that he has a physically demanding job that keeps his weight in check but I worry about the long term effects on his health. I guess I'm going to have to get DH on board with our goals for DS. 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    BFP #1 6.19.11 ~ EDD 2.23.12 ~ CP on 6.22.11
    BFP #2 7.23.11 ~ EDD 3.28.12 ~ MC on 8.16.11
    BFP #3 11.17.11~ EDD 7.31.12 ~ MC on 1.18.12
    BFP #4 4.12.12 ~ EDD 12.25.12~ Born on 12.26.12
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"