Postpartum Depression

PMDD

I am not pregnant and I am not a mom, but my husband and I are TTC. Since we recently started tracking my cycle, I noticed that a lot of the things I have been dealing with for what seems like forever occur around the same time of ovulation. I looked it up and found PMDD- Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder- and realized that all of these things could have been adding up to this all of this time. The things I have always suffered from are headaches, extreme fatigue, and on-and-off depression.

As far as the depression goes- I would go from being super efficient to being super unmotivated and depressed for a few days to a week. I would lack will to do anything or get out of bed, and I would avoid social situations. But then, it would be gone. The flightiness of this depression always outlawed flat out chronic depression- so this makes PERFECT sense!!

The more specific things I am experiencing this month are nausea, breast tenderness, bouts of uncontrollable crying, irritiablity, and intense cramps in my right side. Anyone have experience with PMDD??

Re: PMDD

• Yes and it's extremely irritating. One day you feel totally normal and the next it can feel like the world is ending. Medications that I tried had an opposite effect on me, but obviously that's not the case for everyone. Talking to someone absolutely helps. I did a few therapy sessions with my mom there and after a few times it really started to work wonders. It makes you feel like you're not just a crazy person! It's a real problem and its hard for people to understand. Good luck!!
  • Yes, I get this. For a while before we were ttc for our third, my OB had me take the pill to help control my mood during my cycle. When we were ttc I went off the pill and was miserable again. Now I am 7 weeks pg I am feeling a little better but haven't ruled out going on an antidepressant if I start getting low again. After 4 pregnancies and 3 births, I know now that my brain doesn't handle hormone fluctuation well. I had PPD when I had both my daughters. This time around I want to be prepared!

Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"