Blended Families
Options

So guess who's fault it is we're not seeing SD?

For those of you just tuning in, my H cheated on me back in the fall and he recently confessed. For our own personal reasons we're still living together except H has been sleeping in the basement. We are doing marriage counseling, but things are rough because he doesn't seem to get that I need more time to deal.

Ok. Now that that's out, onto my present situation. Yesterday we were putting an ac unit in the baby's room. This is also SD's room when she's here. SD hasn't visited since Easter weekend, and I've been organizing some of my stuff, using her bed as a catch all. I ask H when she's coming next so that I can make sure all my stuff is out of the room by then. He says he "doesn't think it's a good idea she come right now". I got the unspoken message that it's because I won't let him sleep in my bed. He told BM he's busy, and that's why he can't take her. I think he's being an ahole. I hope BM doesn't think it's my fault. Ugh.
Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: So guess who's fault it is we're not seeing SD?

• Options
    My guess is BM already knows he's an and that's why she isn't with him. Don't worry about what she thinks of you.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    See, he made her out to be the psycho, and I think to some extent he was telling the truth. But yeah, I get what you're saying. He was probably part of the problem.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

He's full of BS. Tell him to not blame not seeing SD on you. If he's so concerned about SD not seeing that he's sleeping in the basement, then he can go to bed after she does and wake up before she does. Easy.

T&Ps your way. I hope he starts giving you the understanding that you need. 

• Options
    imagetwister22:
    He's full of BS. Tell him to not blame not seeing SD on you. If he's so concerned about SD not seeing that he's sleeping in the basement, then he can go to bed after she does and wake up before she does. Easy.Tamp;Ps your way. I hope he starts giving you the understanding that you need.nbsp;

ODS knows he sleeps down there though... It's pretty obvious if you have to go down there at all. Plus, SD sometimes wakes up in the middle of the night, looking for daddy.

I think two things. One is that he's using this as an excuse because having three kids isn't always easy. Two is that he doesn't want this info to get back to BM or his FOO, who we are mutually CO from. Doesn't stop him from being a douchecanoe though. Thanks for the T and P. I think I've decided what I'm going to do. I'll need all the support I can get.
  • Options
    I'm incredibly impressed that you did not show him the door right that second. What an idiot!
    my read shelf:
    Erin's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    imagefellesferie:
    I'm incredibly impressed that you did not show him the door right that second. What an idiot!

I admit, I did almost ask him to leave yesterday. I know that I have a right to stay here, but I don't know for how long. See, he's the service member and I'm the civilian. I can't afford to be out of this house yet, and I don't want to use up my free time that I get to stay here. Does that make sense? Say I get 2 months. I'm not sure I can afford something two months from now. If I can wait til next month though, then I'd have more time. Not sure if I'm making sense or not..
  • Options

imageTasheystar:
    See, he made her out to be the psycho, and I think to some extent he was telling the truth. But yeah, I get what you're saying. He was probably part of the problem.

Probably???

Get another husband. This one is broken. 

Click me, click me!
  • Options

imageTasheystar:
    imagefellesferie:
    I admit, I did almost ask him to leave yesterday. I know that I have a right to stay here, but I don't know for how long. See, he's the service member and I'm the civilian. I can't afford to be out of this house yet, and I don't want to use up my free time that I get to stay here. Does that make sense? Say I get 2 months. I'm not sure I can afford something two months from now. If I can wait til next month though, then I'd have more time. Not sure if I'm making sense or not..

They can make him live in the barracks/on the ship while things are sorted out. Also, he's supposed to give you a certain amount of his check if you separate until the divorce decree/separation agreement says otherwise.

Have you spoken to JAG yet? 

Click me, click me!
  • Options
    I think JAG is American, yes? I spoke to a lawyer in January, but he didn't give me specifics, just said he couldn't kick me out and that I could stay a while.
  • Options

imageTasheystar:
    I think JAG is American, yes? I spoke to a lawyer in January, but he didn't give me specifics, just said he couldn't kick me out and that I could stay a while.

Oh I'm sorry. I thought we were talking about American military. Ooops. 

Click me, click me!
  • Options
    imagehindsight's_a_biotch:

imageTasheystar:

Oh I'm sorry. I thought we were talking about American military. Ooops. 

It's all good. I know most of the active people here are American.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"