November 2012 Moms
Options

Night weaning?

I have been shortening Noah's MOTN feed over the last week or so. He woke up at 4:30 this morning and I attempted to shush him but as usual it didn't work. I fed him for a total of 3 mins and he went back to sleep. Do I only feed for 2 mins tonight or do I move on to CIO now as he clearly he isn't hungry?

What are your thoughts? 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Night weaning?

• Options
    zmosszmoss member

I bottle LJ at night. He gets a bottle around 6:30pm and then had for about 5-6 days STTN.

The past 2 nights however he has been waking at 1:30 (his usual) and not really going back down on his own. He might doze for 20-30 min but will wake. I then give him another bottle (7-9oz) and he will snooze until about 6:30. 

This am I gave him a bottle at 2am and he slept until 8am. 

imageimage"Image">image"Image">image
  • Options

Not totally sure as we were sort of struggling with the same thing.  I went down to 2 mins for 2 nights, and then stopped and sent DH in to do the shushing since he didn't smell like breastmilk. It worked (sort of-- it was a very long shushing session) for 1 night, but then LO got a cold and her sleeping fell apart completely so we never fully finished the night weaning.  Waiting for her to feel better to see what we need to re-fix.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"