Parenting after 35
Options

Favorite music and things from the 80's?

I recently found a radio station in town that plays a lot of music from the 80's so I have been listening to it a lot this week. Twice this week I have heard them play Electric blue from Icehouse. I haven't heard this song in 2 decades but I always enjoyed it.

For some reason listening to this station has made me think of Candie's shoes. I saw that Kohls sells them now but they are just not the same. I also miss my Rag City Blues jeans.

image"width="200px"> Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Favorite music and things from the 80's?

• Options

I had that Icehouse cassette, but hadn't been able to find it on CD except for ridiculously priced ones on ebay.  Last Christmas DH got it for me.  I was super excited. lol

I still love 80's hair bands. My favorite piece of clothing was my leather boots and leather jacket.  Back before EVERYONE wore leather.  When it was "bada**" to wear leather. lol

• Options

I have satellite radio and listen to the 80s station 99% of the time so I get my music fix regularly. What I was surprised to see yesterday a JCP was pointy toe flats...all I could think is "I can't wear those. I wore them in high school."

My DH won't get rid of his acid wash denim jacket from the 80s. He said it will come back is style. Even if it did, it would never fit him. LOL.

=BFP#1 11/2009, It's a boy! 3/2010, Our Angel Ian born sleeping 7/3/2010 (cord accident 37w5d); BFP#2 1/2011, mmc confirmed 2/24/2011, incomplete natural mc so had D&C 3/11/2011; BFP#3 6/19/2011, natural mc 6/21/2011; BFP#4 7/15/2011, no hb at 7w5d, D&C 9/7/2011; BFP#5 2/6/2012, baby boy born on 9/27/2012 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers imageimageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    GHBEAGHBEA member

Duran Duran, white Capizeo's, clothes that were baggie, friendship books in the mail, big hair,  those rubber bracelets.

Mom to 4 wonderful daughters
                                 Breanna, Ellie and 
                                 our 2 rainbow babies.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

It's refreshing to find I'm not the only one who has said "I CANNOT in good conscience buy/wear that when there are some things best left in the 80's/90's for good reason!!!  Even with buying clothes for DD, it's like "NOPE!  If it looks like something I wore in grade school, not happening!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I really wish I could get my hands on some Salon Selectives shampoo and conditioner! Loved that stuff it smelled so good.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

IF History in my Bio!

• Options

imageJilliansMoma:
    I really wish I could get my hands on some Salon Selectives shampoo and conditioner! Loved that stuff it smelled so good.

What happened to all of the shampoos that smelled like apple or raspberries? I wouldn't use it now but those always made me hungry. LOL 

image"width="200px"> Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    jcathjcath member
    imagesmit5009:

imageJilliansMoma:

What happened to all of the shampoos that smelled like apple or raspberries? I wouldn't use it now but those always made me hungry. LOL 

I had maybe Suave, maybe Breck strawberry shampoo - it smelled amazing!

Have you watched that National Geographic special on the 80's? I'm watching it on Demand and it is soooo good.   

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    The Eagles "Hotel California" or is that from the 70's? I loved my Jellies, but they make your feet sweat.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"