November 2013 Moms
Options

Great things about being pregnant!

Here are a few IMHO, how about yours?

-Super amazing strong nails

-No zits

-No period!!

-And somehow for the first time in my life my metabolism has totally figured it's sh!t out. I crave sensibly and I indulge a little every day. I lost 7 lbs the first month and I've stayed the same ever since. (I imagine this is what it feels like to be a naturally thin person)

Re: Great things about being pregnant!

• Options
    Each pregnancy keeps you on your toes. 1st pregnancy strong nails, awesome hair, no acne. This time it's all the opposite. But in general:

no m/s

being able to use the restroom in stores that normally only allow employees
  • Options

imagetiki8286:
    Each pregnancy keeps you on your toes. 1st pregnancy strong nails, awesome hair, no acne. This time it's all the opposite.

same here.    that theory of a girl steals your beauty is crap.  Pregnant with DD I had thick shiny hair and clear skin.   Now I'm pregnant with a boy and my skin is awful and my hair is greasy.    Great.

January siggy challenge: winter weather fails

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    With my son, my hair was amazing and my skin was seriously radiant!

So far this pregnancy, I have awful acne and my hair is falling out like crazy.
    Formerly Sara*n*Ryan
    imageimage
  • Options

Totally with you on the nails.  But my favorite part...no emptying the litterbox! 

Me 39, DH 40. Married on 9/18/2010 and have been TTC since. IVF # 1-7/13/2012, 15 retreived, 6 fertilized, 2 transferred, 4 frozen. BFP Natural MC 9/10 IVF#2, FET - 12/3/201 2 - 3 transferred, BFP! Natural MC 12/25/2012 IFV #3, 2/27/2013 - 3 transferred, BFP! TWINS!!! Loss of one twin 3/20/13.One sticky hanging on!Pregnancy%20ticker
    imageimage

• Options
    mirby77mirby77 member
    With my first DD I had awful skin, great hair and nails. With this baby am sick as a dog all day and once again have yucky skin. :
  • Options

No periods is awesome.  I nursed my son for awhile and that also kept the periods away. 

I am also looking forward to being pregnant in the summer instead of the winter.  I think the time will go by faster since there is so much to keep me busy.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I love having no periods or associated cramps.  My cramps have gotten worse after each child. 

I love having a new "hobby." checking the bump, looking up reviews on baby gear, checking the development each week, etc. 

You are lucky OP, my nails are shredding, face looks red and keeps getting breakouts and my metabolism, oh my metabolism, where has it gone?! I used to be able to eat almost constantly. Now I'm full after just a little portion and feel uncomfortably full for hours. 

• Options
    imageMaimes10:

Totally with you on the nails.  But my favorite part...no emptying the litterbox! 

Ditto for the litterbox!  Best vacay ever. haha

Anniversary 

• Options
    I have only taken out the trash twice since our BFP and don't have to carry the vacuum up and down the stairs anymore.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Migraine headaches have stopped! Also, like the previous poster said, no more litter box duty!
  • Options

Another vote for no litterbox duty!

Also, not having a period is pretty nice.

• Options
    I'm totally with you on the no periods and the great nails!  It's also nice to give into my cravings without guilt, have an excuse for my big belly, and eventually feel the baby move.
  • Options

No litterbox duty

No period

Extra attention/pampering from family

Being able to nap with no guilt over housework not getting done

Beautiful nails - too bad they'll get clipped off when the little one gets here!

~Elizabeth ~

Angel Baby # 1 : EDD 9/11/12,  Missed m/c at just over 13 weeks

Angel Baby # 2 : EDD 9/9/13, m/c at 6 weeks

BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Breastfeeding is a great way to continue the no period plus! With ds,I finally got mine at 9 months post.
    Formerly Sara*n*Ryan
    imageimage
  • Options

imageHGsMOM:
    So far this pregnancy, I have awful acne and my hair is falling out like crazy.

All of this for me!!

No period is very nice.  And not being judged when I stay in my pjs on the couch all day (on a day off that is).

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Little Bean arrived on Nov 2013...all 10lbs 9oz of him! 

Little Happy joined the family Jan 2016

Baby #3 due in Sept

• Options
    My hair and nails are awesome as well but unfortunately my skin has been breaking out and is super dry. The increased sex drive is a definite plus too.
    Baby Ortiz' proud mama
  • Options
    Good call on the migraines that have disappeared. Totally don't miss those!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"