Secondary IF
Options

False positive HPT with Femara?

I've read that Femara can cause false positives on HPT's, specifically FRER's.  For those of you taking Femara, have you had any false positives on you HPT's?  

Re: False positive HPT with Femara?

• Options

I really don't think that's accurate. I'm pretty sure the packaging says that FRER should not give false positives for Femara or Clomid. Now if you use those with a trigger shot that wouldn't be true, but with just Femara I don't think you should be concerned. I've used it for the past 5 cycles and never experienced that. HTH!

PCOS dx 2008 | BFP #1 2/26/2009 with Metformin
    Owen Matthew 11/1/2009 4lbs 10oz 16.5in
    Born 5 weeks early by C/S | Severe Pre-Eclampsia
    BFP #2 5/1/2011 | M/C @ 7 weeks | D&C 5/25/2011
    TTC #2 | HSG Clear | SA 2% Morph otherwise great
    3 failed Femara/TI cycles moving on to IUI
  • Options
    imagemrsbnlmel:

I really don't think that's accurate. I'm pretty sure the packaging says that FRER should not give false positives for Femara or Clomid. Now if you use those with a trigger shot that wouldn't be true, but with just Femara I don't think you should be concerned. I've used it for the past 5 cycles and never experienced that. HTH!

I agree; I don't think it can cause a false positive, although a trigger shot would.

Me: 42. DH: 46.

1st Pregnancy: MC, 11/19/00.

2nd Pregnancy: DS born 04/10/06.

3rd Pregnancy: CP, 03/11.

4th Pregnancy: MMC, D&C 11/30/11, Genetic testing revealed Trisomy 4.

5th Pregnancy: Ectopic, 2 doses of Methotrexate unsuccessful, surgery 4/10/12, right tube removed.

Tried Letrozole January 2013-July 2013 (including 2 IUIs), all BFN.  After 2 1/2 years of trying for child #2, decided to "give up" after July cycle, based on AMA.

August 16, 2013:  BFP our first month of "not trying!"  Still in shock.  Beta #1 (14dpo): 183.  Beta #2 (17dpo):  611.  Ultrasound 8/30/13: baby measured 6 weeks, 1 day, heart rate of 118 bpm! 
    Ultrasound 9/13/13:  8 weeks, heart rate of 176!
    Baby is due 4/26/14

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thank you!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"