3rd Trimester

Baby's going home outfit in summer?

Those of you having summer babies, what type of outfit are you going to put on your baby to go home from the hospital?

My dd was a February baby so we did a long sleeved warm sleeper. This time I'm not really sure what to do. Thanks. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Baby's going home outfit in summer?

• I have a short sleeve onesie with pants and a jacket for nb.  My 0-3 outfit does not have the jacket.  I also have socks, a hat and a receiving blanket. 

I'm due whenever he feels like getting out. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • My boys were born in December and February, so I'm not sure either. I'm thinking a long sleeved light cotton sleeper would still be appropriate because the hospital AC is cold, and the car and house will have AC on as well, although not as cold. I was going to also bring a onesie in case I change my mind and the sleeper seems too warm.
    Formerly known as ms.mittens Jude 12/31/2008 Ezra 2/10/2011 Nora 7/23/2013 Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • My son was born in January so I did the same. This time I bought a light cotton sleeper and think that should be fine since the AC will be on.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Onesie pant and snap up sweater if needed
  • My older three were born in November , January and February so they came home in warm sleepers . This time my daughter will be coming home in a light sleeper with a light blanket. I live on the coast of Oregon so its never really that warm . If for some reason its super hot ill send my hubby home to grab a onsie lol!
  • skioskio member
    Cotton sleeper.
    imagePregnancy Ticker
  • I had a tough time with this as well because my DS came in November, but this is what we picked out:

I plan to have a blanket too to cover her up as well. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • I am due in July (will likely go in late June according to docs), and I bought a cute short sleeved terrycloth romper for little dude to come home in. I need to get him little navy socks, but other than that, just a blanket and maybe a cute hat, it's going to be HOT by then!
  • I have a couple of things because I'm indecisive, lol. Plus I don't know what size he'll be wearing.

Two newborn outfits: 1 light cotton sleeper (footies) and hat, 1 short sleeved onesie, pants and hat

And two 0-3 month outfits: both light cotton sleepers (long sleeved, footless).

Evelyn (3.24.10), Graham (5.30.13) & Miles (8.28.16)
  • We are bring DD home in a longsleeved (but light) cotten sleeper gown.
  • lindlymlindlym member
    I'm a weirdo and love traditional things... and me and my DH have talked about bringing our DS home in a kilt with his family colors : DH tends to wear a kilt at special events holiday masses formal events lol he is Scottish and proud of his heritage lol I am only ok with it because I know it will make DH extremely happy lol

but that doesn't mean I won't have a back up pair of overalls in the baby bag ; with an undershirt and a cute tee shirt
  • imageirishgirlmd:
    We are bring DD home in a longsleeved (but light) cotten sleeper gown.

I brought my first (born 5/31) home in a gown but it wasn't until we went to put him in the car seat that we realized the legs had to be hiked up to strap him in. Since we didn't have anything for his legs, he went home with his gown hiked up and a couple of hospital baby blankets on his legs.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I think I'm going to put him in a romper w/socks and a light blanket. Depends on the weather though, otherwise it will be a sleeper.
    Proud babywearing, breastfeeding, vaccinating SAHM of 2U2!
    imageLilypie - (qCSN)Lilypie - (5rzN)imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers

• imageirishgirlmd:

the gown will make it difficult to buckle her in her car seat properly. We originally had a gown for our DD then changed it te day we brought her home after realizing it wouldn't work 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker image
  • imageMrsWilson2013:

I had a tough time with this as well because my DS came in November, but this is what we picked out:

I plan to have a blanket too to cover her up as well. 

I'm using this exact outfit! :) I have a lightweight footed sleeper as a backup.

photo c107d4aa-9909-4a33-b3bd-bd94168bd5fc.jpg

• I have two different light weight cotton sleepers. One newborn, one 0-3 month. Both have matching blankets and hats.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BFP #1: 6.26.12 EDD: 2.11.13 missed m/c: 7.31.12 @ 12 weeks
    BFP #2: 10.1.12 EDD: 6.11.13 Born 6.13.13
    photo 2546f8b6-17f6-4b55-b007-93a547c620b8.jpg

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Both of my boys wore the same outfit. Even though they were winter babies I think this baby will wear the same thing. It's a white onsie that says "instructions not included", grey pants, & fuzzy socks.
    BFP 4/3/07 EDD 11/23/07 MC 7/20/07 Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • My son was born in July and he wore a light weight sleeper. Ill be doing the same for my daughter this June. The hospital is air conditioned and so is our vehicle so I dont want them getting cold. Your only outside a short time unless you car is air free. =)
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm due in late July. I bought a 3m "take me home" outfit from Carter's. it has a short sleeve onesie, footie pants, a hat and a sleeper. I also bought a matching bib. I figure I'd be safe with a 3m in case he's close to 8 pounds so that his cord stump doesn't get smushed. I have a light cotton blanket in case it's cool so he can stay warm in the carseat!
  • You can't use a gown with car seat straps so you may want to reconsider....

imageirishgirlmd:

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • im due any day now, and we have a short sleeve onesie, long pants, and socks just in case its colder or is night out when we leave. 
    Siggy Challenge- Valentines Day FAIL Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"