September 2013 Moms
Options

Claritin is useless

My allergies are the worst they have ever been and are killing me. I sneeze about 10 times in a row, my eyes itch, I can't breath and my throat is irritated. I've been taking Claritin for two weeks now and it is doing absolutely nothing.

Any one else suffering from environmental allergies and have you found anything that helps you get relief?

imageimage
Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Claritin is useless

• Options
    jjkayejjkaye member
    Claritin never worked for me. I had good luck with Allegra, though you have to use it for several weeks for it to kick in AND you have to be ok with squirting it up your nose. Not sure if it's pregnancy safe... ?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Mags04Mags04 member
    imagemrsgerman:
    I've been using a sinus rinse from neilmed everyday sometimes twice a day if I can see the pollen is really bad. I hate the feeling of it but its amazing in getting all the crap out. It's made by the same people who make the netipot and is 100 pregnancy safe since it is only saline.

Thank you! I'll check it out.

imageimage

• Loading the player...
  • Options

imagejjkaye:
    Claritin never worked for me. I had good luck with Allegra, though you have to use it for several weeks for it to kick in AND you have to be ok with squirting it up your nose. Not sure if it's pregnancy safe... ?

My SIL is a pharmacist and said Allegra can cause low amniotic fluid if used for too long, but OK for short term use.  I would get an OK from your OB first...

~ Leah, Rachel and Gabriel were born on May 27, 2013 (23 weeks) ~ Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    charpecharpe member
    Zyrtec works best for me!
  • Options

Yeah I never had much luck with Caritin either. I have with Zyrtec and Allegra. I have to switch up every couple of months because my body builds and immunity to ehat I am taking.

Benedryl helps at night because it makes me sleep. 

• Options

imagecharpe:
    Zyrtec works best for me!

I do best with zyrtec too.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    ksf13ksf13 member
    Zyrtec seems to help me. Luckily whatever was making my allergies act up has stopped blooming and I haven't had to take it as often. My OB said it's safe though.
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Mags04Mags04 member
    Thanks Ladies! Later today I pick up some Zyrtec and give it a try.

imageimage

• Options
    imagekennazebrowsky:

Yeah I never had much luck with Caritin either. I have with Zyrtec and Allegra. I have to switch up every couple of months because my body builds and immunity to ehat I am taking.

Benedryl helps at night because it makes me sleep. 

Yep, me too. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Married 12/8/07 | Sleeve Gastrectomy 10/19/09
    BFP#1 DD born 3/9/11 | BFP#4 DD born 9/20/13
    BFP#2 6/21/12, M/C at 5w2d | BFP#3 11/27/12, M/C at 6w6d
  • Options
    neti pot
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
    Photobucket
  • Options
    JdLB82JdLB82 member
    My OB told me Reactine is completely safe at this stage of pregnancy. I have yet to use any but she said it is fine once you are past the first trimester when everything is developing.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"