Birthday Parties

WWYD - Inviting guests.

I asked this a while back on my BMB, but I have been going back and forth about inviting or not inviting kids to DDs first birthday.What I would like to do is to just keep DDs birthday party to family and one friend who she has regular playdates with (and are also my and DHs best friends). This keeps the numbers low, and stress down so DH and I can really just enjoy her day.

But what I am flipping back and forth about is, should I be inviting the kids who invited her to their birthday parties this year? Their ages are anywhere from 5 to 1 and it would double the guests and I would have to find some ways to entertain the older kids. Would not inviting those kids be rude to their parents? 

I might be worrying about this way too much... 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: WWYD - Inviting guests.

• Invite whoever you want or don't want to.  If you want simple with just family, do it.  I wouldn't feel obligated to invite everyone who has invited you to a party.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I would do whatever you want :)  We just had DDs 1st birthday party and I decided not to invite 'others' just yet.  Last Sept, DS turned 3, we just invited his friends for the first time.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • It is really up to you who you invite.  But it would depend on how well that you know the parents and  the kids. 

I really liked having the kids there. It just made it fun, and we came up with some cute party favors for the kids for my daughter's 1st birthday. We also brought in some toys for the venue that we were at so that they had some toys to play with.

imageimageLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Premature Baby tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers image BFP on 07/18/08. Miscarriage 07/30/08. BFP 3/25/09. Confirmed second miscarriage, no heartbeat, no growth beyond 7 weeks, 5/19/09. TTC again, on baby aspirin, due to value of 23 on Anticardiolipin Antibodies. BFP 11/15/09. Brown spotting, Beta 3735 11/25/09, Beta 5602 11/28/09. Anticardiolipin Antibodies now negative, still on baby asprin. On 100 mg of Prometrium (progesterone) until 10 weeks. Good heartbeat at 1st appt. 12/16/09. Started taking fish oil. Perigestational hemorrhage and red bleeding 12/17/09. 2nd Ultrasound-8 weeks, still a heartbeat 12/17/09. Baby measured 9 weeks, still a heartbeat 12/23/09. Good NT Scan on 1/8/10, heartbeat 164. EDD 7/28/10. TEAM BLUE! Aidan Thomas born on May 26, 2010. Baby #2, BFP 11/27/11, EDD 6/5/12. TEAM PINK! Noelle Elizabeth born 4/30/12. Blessing from God, Blessing from God, Blessing from God, Blessing from God.
  • For a 1st birthday you don't "have to" invite other kids that have done it in the past year, you can keep it simple with just close family; I don't think anyone would get upset

However I invited kids to DS's 1st birthday and will do the same for DD's, it just makes it feel more like a party and DS had a blast playing with the other babies and running after the bigger kids, at the time; you don't have to do much to entertain kids from 1-5 yr olds; just lay out some toys, coloring sheets, balloons or bubbles...

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers Anniversary
  • Trust me - realize now that every invitation isn't "tit for tat".  It's nice that they had bigger parties where they invited kids.  If that's not the kind of party you want, then you don't have to invite them. Different party, different budget, different "vibe", etc.
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    ~Benjamin Franklin

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    DS dx with celiac disease 5/28/10

• Invitations don't need to be reciprocated...especially with kids this little.  If anyone asks, you can tell them you're just having small family parties until she's older.  
    BabyFetus Ticker; Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageEastCoastBride:
    Trust me - realize now that every invitation isn't "tit for tat".  It's nice that they had bigger parties where they invited kids.  If that's not the kind of party you want, then you don't have to invite them. Different party, different budget, different "vibe", etc.

Agreed.  If these are people you run into on a regular basis, I'm sure they'd understand you mentioning it was a family only event.

June '15 January Siggy Challenge.  Pinterest Fails

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • We have always kept it on the simple side for first birthdays. I agree w/the posters above. Invite who you want and don't feel guilty!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers 

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Blogging about boobs, babies, bed lust & everything in between since 2007.
  • imageBootsyLou:
    Invite whoever you want or don't want to.  If you want simple with just family, do it.  I wouldn't feel obligated to invite everyone who has invited you to a party.

This. Since DH and I both have divorced parents that already doubles out count. I am "unofficially" inviting one cousin as I have been to all of his kids birthdays over the past 6 years, but I don't have the time, money, or room (not to mention patience to invite his brother, sister, mom, and dad, plus their kids, and spouses. (BTW it is unofficial in that it is a secret so she doesn't tell the other family members (at least until after the party is over).

I wanted to keep is small, but since out family is huge that wasn't an option, so I am limiting it as much as possible. 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"