March 2013 Moms
Options

Fussy Baby Club - check in!

Hi fellow fussy baby mommas. How is your LO doing? And possibly more importantly, how are you doing?

My little guy is about 7 weeks now and there are fairly good days and fairly bad days. He is still a good self-advocate, he lets me know as soon as he gets a bit tired or hungry! I think the level and amount of fussing and crying have decreased, or I am just getting desensitized to it. And I think I have gotten better about figuring out why he is fussing so I can try to remedy it quickly. It is tough taking him out places though because he gets sick of being in the car seat pretty quickly. Also, I am getting so sick of bouncing on the damn yoga ball (one of the most effective ways to soothe him). My body aches, ugh. Hoping he continues to get more cheerful as the weeks go on!

Re: Fussy Baby Club - check in!

• Options

LO is doing good....the past couple days i think she hasn't been getting as much sleep as normal, because i wanted to try not being so routine with her sleep. she was much more crabby than normal, her eating was weird, her reflux acted up , etc.

I've just accepted the fact that i've got an LO who must have some sort of routine as far as when i put her down, how i put her down, as well as being aware that there will need to be assistance in getting her to that next stage of sleep after her first cycle.  if i keep up with it, she's great and each nap is easier than the last....but if i don't keep up with it day after day she has a harder and harder time falling asleep and staying asleep.  

BabyFetus Ticker Little Riley-our first little girl coming March 1st, 2013 (or sometime around there;)
  • Options
    LO is 6 weeks. definitely noticing an increase in fussiness the past couple days. i also have a love/hate relationship with my yoga ball. awesome at soothing LO, better and cheaper than any bouncer!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm thinking my LO is getting better. His gas pain has lessened which is the cause of half his fussiness.

I have learned and accepted that he just has a temper. When he's unhappy he goes from 0 to 10 and can't calm himself down.

And knowing that helps me not to feel like less of a mom when other moms tell me that he can calm himself. He may be able to later, but now I know him enough that he just needs a little help.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    LO is 5 weeks today been on a terror!! Two straight days of him being inconsolable. It doesn't appear to be gas pain anymore. He seems overtired but refuses to sleep. He'll start to fall asleep and then scream out of nowhere!! It kills me I'm really hoping I haven't somehow already spoiled him.
  • Options
    AnneleaAnnelea member
    LO is 9weeks and is either getting better or im  used  to it!  he still will only nap for 30minutes at a time but does go to sleep easier. Im also sore from  bouncing, walking and rocking him. He also cries in every store we go in. I dread taking him out because I know I have a little time bomb  in my cart!
  • Options
    KMac570KMac570 member

Hey ladies. Happy to see that most LOs seem to be getting better! My Sam is too, I think.  He has good days and bad days.  On the bad days, I swear he cries at all times when not eating or sleeping! They seem fewer and farther between now though.  He is also sleeping much better He had gone from one hour stretches tops, to giving us a good 4 or 4 1/2 hour stretch, then a couple shorter ones (1-3 hours each). This is such an improvement, and I am feeling much more well rested! I am still too nervous to bring him out much (for fear of meltdowns), but he does love his carrier so I take him for short walks and shopping trips in that.

Hopefully  we all see more improvement as time goes on! :) 

Miscarriage in January 2012 at 8 weeks
    Subsequently diagnosed with low P4, LOR. MH DX low motility, varicocele 
    BFP in July 2012 (Gonal-f + trigger + IUI#2 (B2B) + prometrium)
    Lost Baby A prior to 7 weeks; large SCH; Baby B (Bug) was born in March 2013
    BFP June 2014; EDD February 19, 2015
  • Options
    mnj05mnj05 member
    DS just started getting fussy within the last few days. I haven't changed anything with him and it just hit one day. It's frustrating and I'm hoping it some sort of growth spurt or phase he'll get out of soon. I'm also thinking it could be that since he's awake more now, he needs more entertainment and he can't do it himself yet. I play/talk to him for an hour at a time, but I have things I need to do and his tolerance for just looking around isn't there anymore.

imagePhotobucket

TTC #1 since 3/2011
    DX: anovulatory and severe MFI
    DH is a testicular cancer survivor
    IVF#1 w/ICSI lupron, gonal f, ovidrel
    ER 6/15/12 6R 6M 6F! ET 6/20/12
    Beta #1: 154 Beta #2: 509 Beta #3: 7326
    Baby Boy born 3/1/2013
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC#2: 6/2014 all testing came back normal

IVF#2 (#1 for LO#2) 9/2014 - 17R 10M 10F 4 blasts frozen on day 6.

FET #1 10/15/14 - Beta #1: 216  Beta #2: 823

Baby Boy born 7/10/2015

• Options
    Oh my god I'm glad I'm not alone! It's been six weeks and this week has been especially rough so here's hoping it turns around. Feeding her every 2 hours is getting silly and it seems that as soon as her eyes are open if she's not eating she's happy for five minutes then crying! Is this normal? Is she destined to be difficult forever? Hang on there gals it can only get better
  • Options
    Feeding every hour to hour and a half I should say. Not two :
  • Options
    I prefer to think of my LO as strong willed rather than fussy lol it makes me feel better. I think she's just particular, especially at her nighttime feedings, she would rather be on the boob than bottle.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"