March 2013 Moms
Options

Feel like a terrible mother

I was looking forward to my very first Mother's Day! However LO has been a nightmare this week so far and now all I really want is a day where I don't have to deal with or listen to a crying baby. I feel awful cause how could I not want to be with my new family?! But a day alone to read, have a cocktail, do some shopping sounds like heaven!

Re: Feel like a terrible mother

• Options

Right there with you.  I'm in a bad way and this little dude has been awake and hollering for 3 hours now.  He was up and not sleeping all night.

Sigh.

It gets better. 

CageyMack
    37, married to my favorite person in the world, DW! One darling surfer-girl (12) and one darling, sweet boy born 3/16/13.

5/2013 Started TTC #3, DW's turn: 5/2013: Diagnostics (shg) and surgery (polyp rem.) for best chances. July-Oct: IUI # 1-4, medicated, monitored, triggered.  All BFN. IVF in Jan May. Sheesh. Whoop! IVF#1 cycle started 4/2/14. 5/1: 19 eggs retrieved, 8 matured, ICSI'd.  4 fertilized.   Only 2 to transfer/freeze stage. 5/6: Two embryos transferred. 5/15: Beta #1 9dp5dt is 134! BFP! 5/19: Beta #2 13dp5dt is 672! B'erFP! 5/21: Beta #3 15dp5dt is 1853.  Yay!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

"Things separate from their stories have no meaning. They are only shapes. Of a certain size and color. A certain weight. When their meaning has become lost to us they no longer have even a name. The story on the other hand can never be lost from its place in the world for it is that place.” ― Cormac McCarthy, The Crossing

• Options
    I feel the same way!

DS1 -6/25/11

DS2 -3/23/13

Missed MC D&C 8/26/14

DD - 8/26/15

LO#4 due 5/30/17

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I told dh all I want is sleep
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

imagegee313:
    I told dh all I want is sleep

Me too! but given she refuses taking a bottle and is hooked to my boobs, I don't see it possible. at least not this Mother's day! sigh.

• Options
    DH asked what I want and I said all i want is to sleep in and go for a run!

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options

imageMrs.Castaldi:
    I was looking forward to my very first Mother's Day! However LO has been a nightmare this week so far and now all I really want is a day where I don't have to deal with or listen to a crying baby. I feel awful cause how could I not want to be with my new family?! But a day alone to read, have a cocktail, do some shopping sounds like heaven!

my DH is taking over all night (not to hard, seeing as she only wakes up between 730-600), and will put her down saturday so i can have some cocktails. then we're doing a picnic at the beach, but HE'S wearing her, not me! my back gets a day off!

BabyFetus Ticker Little Riley-our first little girl coming March 1st, 2013 (or sometime around there;)
  • Options
    AnneleaAnnelea member
    You are not a terrible mother, you are a mother of a new baby!  I feel the same way! A  trip to Target without a screaming baby and sleep sounds better than anything  right now! 
  • Options
    mnj05mnj05 member
    Yes please! I want a day out alone, but I want DS to be super fussy so DH gets why I'm so tired and frustrated these days.

imagePhotobucket

TTC #1 since 3/2011
    DX: anovulatory and severe MFI
    DH is a testicular cancer survivor
    IVF#1 w/ICSI lupron, gonal f, ovidrel
    ER 6/15/12 6R 6M 6F! ET 6/20/12
    Beta #1: 154 Beta #2: 509 Beta #3: 7326
    Baby Boy born 3/1/2013

TTC#2: 6/2014 all testing came back normal

IVF#2 (#1 for LO#2) 9/2014 - 17R 10M 10F 4 blasts frozen on day 6.

FET #1 10/15/14 - Beta #1: 216  Beta #2: 823

Baby Boy born 7/10/2015

• Options
    Don't feel terrible. Get out of the house even for a couple hours. You will probably find as much as you think you need days...a few hours and you'll be not only feeling better but missing that baby!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"