Minneapolis/St Paul Babies

Ridgeview Medical Center

Does anyone have experience with delivering at Ridgeview Medical Center in Waconia? It's the closest hospital to where I live and I am planning on touring it but some experiences from moms would be amazing!

Re: Ridgeview Medical Center

• I have not, however that was my hospital and clinic growing up. The rest of my family still goes there. I live in southern MN now. Anyways, I've heard wonderful things about it and have always had a pleasant experience when visiting.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I delivered at Ridgeview a few years ago and had an excellent experience.  The birthing suites are very nice.  More importantly the labor nurses were excellent.  I was in labor over 24 hours and ended up having a c-section so saw quite a few nurses through their shift changes and each one was perfect.  

I know a few co-workers who also delivered there with good experiences.

Pregnancy #1: Baby boy 'poppyseed' who was lost at 22 weeks. EDD 12-28-09 D&E 8-27-09
    Pregnancy #2: Sucess! DS born 8-30-10 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I've delivered both my children at Ridgeview (2.5 years and 5 weeks), and honestly loved my experience both times. The nurses are great and the accommodations are as well. Some of the postpartum nurses can be a little distant, especially overnight, but they were all willing to help if you just ask.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I delivered both of my kids there (3 years old and 18 months). Both were great experiences. Great staff and accommodations. Take a tour!
  • I delivered there last year.  I had a good experience.  My mom is an RN and she has pretty high expectations of hospital care and she had good things to say.  The one suggestion I have is to ask lots of questions.  I think sometimes the staff hesitates to give too much advice because I'm sure some people have had kids before, but everytime I asked a question they gave really good responses and care.  I especially appreciate the access to lactation consultants post delivery.  Maybe a lot of places have that but they gave me some good advice and support.
  • image +MeganS+:
    I have not, however that was my hospital and clinic growing up. The rest of my family still goes there. I live in southern MN now. Anyways, I've heard wonderful things about it and have always had a pleasant experience when visiting.

Pretty much this except my labor was 12hrs. I was in the Hospital M-F with my c-section recovery, LO having jaundice & I spiked a fever a couple different times. The nurses were fantastic. Despite it being almost 5 months later, I'm going to bring the nurses thank you cards & cookies this coming week.

As long as we live nearby, I don't see myself delivering anywhere but Ridgeview in the future.  

ETA: I felt like I had questions about everything. They answered all of my questions honestly and respectfully. I never once felt dumb for asking a question. The LCs can be a little overbearing, especially the one that I saw. I swear she was a BFing cheerleader, literally.

My Blog My Cooking Blog

Lauren Christine 1.14.13

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards