September 2011 Moms
Options

selfish middle name poll

Ok, please tell me which of these you like best.

Greta Frances (Frances after my Grandpa whom I'd really love to honor but DH and I think Greta Frances sounds kind of weird)

Greta Marie (kind of a generic middle name, but it's my Gram's middle name as well as many other family members)

Greta Mae (we love the sound of it, think it's totally adorable, but it's my grandma on my dad's side maiden name and I try to disassociate myself from his family so ...)

DH suggested going with Greta Mae Frances Lastname.  That way we get the cute Greta Mae and can honor Grandpa.  I just don't know about 2 middle names though. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: selfish middle name poll

• Options

I love your DH's idea.  It flows well and sounds cute.  I don't think there' anything wrong with two middle names.  Especially with the names you gave, because they aren't really long names either.

eta: and I think Augie and Greta sound adorable together. :)

Visit The Nest! Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    mnewleemnewlee member

I love the way Greta Mae sounds but I'd probably go with Frances or Mae Frances since it's so meaningful.

I don't think Greta Frances sounds bad and unless she's in trouble you probably won't be calling her by her full name very often. :)

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    T&HLoveT&HLove member

Hmm.. All of them sound good!

I actually think Frances sounds cute, and of course there's meaning, which I love.. So I vote Frances. 

photo 22e3a93e-8933-4ed0-acf4-72665341621b_zpsd73ca8f6.jpgp>

"What did my fingers do before they held you? What did my heart do with it's love?"

CafeMom Tickers

Follow Me on Pinterest

• Options
    All good choices!
    I love the sound of Greta Mae.

Hmm. I pick Greta Mae Francis.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options

I've practiced yelling Greta Frances stop throwing sand!  And I find Frances is a good "you're in trouble" middle name.  It just doesn't flow off the tongue all pretty like Greta Mae.

Augie gets called August Peter at least once a day, lol.   

• Options
    T&HLoveT&HLove member
    I should also add, that I like Frances because of the significance but Marie and Mae were both top middle name choices for my Greta, so it's hard to help you pick :)

"What did my fingers do before they held you? What did my heart do with it's love?"

CafeMom Tickers

Follow Me on Pinterest

• Options
    Ms5586Ms5586 member
    Gretchen Mae - I like double middle names.  My nephew has a double middle name, the first mn being my sister's pick, and the 2nd being my bil's family name.  He always knows when he's in serious trouble lol.
  • Options

imageT&HLove:
    I should also add, that I like Frances because of the significance but Marie and Mae were both top middle name choices for my Greta, so it's hard to help you pick :)

I thought your Greta had Marie as the middle name : )

Do you ever type out Great instead of Greta?  I do alllll the time! 

• Options
    Greta the Great
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    T&HLoveT&HLove member
    imagesolsburyhill:

imageT&HLove:

I thought your Greta had Marie as the middle name : )

Do you ever type out Great instead of Greta?  I do alllll the time! 

yes! All the time  

CafeMom Tickers

Follow Me on Pinterest

• Options
    imageldcoffel:
    All good choices!
    I love the sound of Greta Mae.

Hmm. I pick Greta Mae Francis.

This. I think the Gr in Greta is somewhat harsh sounding so the pretty flow of Mae offsets it. However if Francis is the meaningful name, I think your DH had a good suggestion.

Oh and my BFF has two middle names [as well as her two brothers] and they've never had any issues but she does use the middle name that comes first on paperwork and such..so if Francis is more important maybe is should go first to get used more.

But Mae sounds better first...ugh I don't know. I guess I can't help!
  • Options
    Frances ... my phone autocorrected that??
  • Options

I'd go with Greta Frances. I don't think it sounds weird, I actually like it. Plus it has meaning. I also like the name Mae, but probably wouldn't do it because of the connection.

I'm not a huge fan of the double middle name. I've heard it can be annoying for official forms. Many forms only ask for a middle initial or only have a slot for one name, so you basically have to pick one.

I also love the name Greta. It was at the top of my list for DD, but DH was iffy on it. Picking names is hard.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    SusieBWSusieBW member
    imagePrincessPeach13:

I love your DH's idea.  It flows well and sounds cute.  I don't think there' anything wrong with two middle names.  Especially with the names you gave, because they aren't really long names either.

eta: and I think Augie and Greta sound adorable together. :)

I agree with all of this, but especially the bold. Smile  I adore the name Greta.  I think your husband's idea of using both Mae and Frances is excellent.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    manda26manda26 member
    I vote 2 mn's
    336a Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I am going to be of no help, because I love them all. I lobbied really REALLY hard to name DD2 Greta Marie, but DH didn't love it as a sibset with DD1's name. My girls' MNs are Mae and Marie, so good choices there, too :P

I think I would go with Greta Frances for family meaning. I don't think the flow is bad at all, and agree it's a great "you're in trouble, missy!" middle name.

Mama to two sweet girls
    DD1 Feb 2010
    DD2 Sept 2011

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I think Greta Frances sounds cute. I pick that one because its cute and has meaning for you.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Baby BROTHER is on the way! ~ EDD 6/12/2015
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    srj88srj88 member

imageEmpireMomof3:
    Well....I hate double middle names. Sorry to be a Debbie downer. They seem so over the top hey look at me AWish. I like Greta Mae best.

I agree. I don't get the point of a double middle name. Greta Mae is wonderful!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    toriwctoriwc member
    imageMsCrispy:

I'd go with Greta Frances. I don't think it sounds weird, I actually like it. Plus it has meaning. I also like the name Mae, but probably wouldn't do it because of the connection.

I'm not a huge fan of the double middle name. I've heard it can be annoying for official forms. Many forms only ask for a middle initial or only have a slot for one name, so you basically have to pick one.

I agree with all this.

• Options
    I also like Greta Frances, and don't think it sounds weird.
  • Options
    jen4nyjen4ny member
    I think Greta Frances sounds just fine. I like Mae a little better but I would probably go with Frances because it has meaning to you. DH and I are big on meaning for middle names. 
    "From the moment I first saw you, the second that you were born, I knew that you were the love of my life" Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Me: 35, DH: 40
    TTC # 2 since 8/13, Dx: unexplained secondary infertility
    Clomid cycles 7/14 & 8/14= BFN
    IUI # 1 (clomid) 8/27/14= BFN
    IUI # 2 (clomid and follistim) 9/25/14= BFN
    IUI # 3 (femara and follistim) 10/23/14= BFN
    IUI # 4 (femara and follistim) 11/20/14= BFN
    12/12/14- saline sono shows two polyps
    2/15- two uterine polyps and "schmutz" (RE's words) removed
    8/15- surprise BFP! Beta #1 70 Beta #2 150 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board