Birthday Parties
Options

Minnie Mouse Menu

For DD's second birthday we are throwing a Minnie birthday.  I was thinking that the pinwheel sandwiches we had last year were really easy to do.  I was also going to do an edible fruit arrangement, a veggie tray, and chips and salsa.  DD doesn't do lunch meat, so I'm sure other kids don't either.  I was thinking of Mickey Mouse nuggets from Costco.  Can you think of any cute names or maybe just a way to adjust things to the theme?  Or should I just let that detail go?

For dessert I was going to do cupcakes decorated with oreos to look like Minnie, rice crispy Minnies and a sugar cookie Minnie as a favor.  TIA 

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Re: Minnie Mouse Menu

• Options
    Ms5586Ms5586 member

Do they all have to center around minnie?  Because incorporating other characters gives you a better chance of cute names. 

Sandwiches - Mickey's CLUBhouse sandwiches

Veggie - Daisy's garden veggies

Chips/salsa - Chip and Dale chips

Nuggets - Donald's dunkers

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

My first thought was anything mini sized (of course, you would refer to it as Minnie sized).

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageMs5586:

Do they all have to center around minnie?  Because incorporating other characters gives you a better chance of cute names. 

I like this idea. I would center the actual birthday cake and cupcakes around Minnie Mouse if that's what she likes and then have everything else go around that theme. Unique idea.

• Options
    nah82nah82 member

Sargento makes this Mickey shaped cheese that would fit with your theme (no reason they can't be "Minnies").  Really no fuss since you don't have to do anything yourself but dump them out of the bag.  We get them all the time at Walmart and my boys love them.

There's also this cute Mickey pizza from Pinterest with Mickey heads made out of pepperoni and olives.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I don't have any cute Minnie suggestions, but just wanted to chime in that my DS has always liked cold cuts and sliced cheese, and it seems to be a popular item that other parents at his daycare send for lunch.  He is a weirdo that doesn't eat nuggets, though!  For toddlers, I think it's good to have a variety of little finger foods....fruit, veggies, cheese, raisins, crackers, yogurt, etc., because most little kids are picky.
    BabyFetus Ticker; Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageMs5586:

AHHH! DD is having a Mickey Mouse Clubhouse birthday and this is so perfect! I love these! 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

You ladies are awesome!  I love the idea of incorporating the other characters.

To the PP with the toddler who eats sandwiches... I'm jealous!

I was planning to do pinwheel sandwiches from costco, but I think it would be cool to use my Mickey cookie cutter on the sandwiches.  

I will have cut fruit, a veggie tray, sandwiches, and desserts.  What if I cut the bread into Mickey shapes but left them plain for parents to make their own sandwich for the kids?  Like a PB & J sandwich bar?  PB, grape and strawberry jelly, honey, marshmallow cream and bananas?  

Thanks for sharing the pictures!  It looks like it was a fun party.  I have pinned a ton of pre-printed Minnie things.  I would like to make things myself but I am limited on time (I'm a teacher and school gets out the week before).  I thought about buying handmade stuff from Etsy but it seems like it adds up quickly.  We are trying to keep the party nice but lower budget so that we can afford to do a nice family day at Sea World on her actual birthday.  

I think I will try to 

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• Options
    Check pinterest, I am also planning a minni mouse themed party and have gotten great ideas from pinterest. I am going to do a hot diggity dog bar - hot dogs with a bunch of toppings, minnie's bowtique pasta salad with farfalle pasta.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Hot"diggity"dog bar!  and now the song is stuck in my head......hot dog hot dog hot diggity dog.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"