Postpartum Depression

Just need to vent.

Hi Ladies. So I had DD on Friday, April 26. A few days before I delivered I started on Zoloft because I could feel the depression/anxiety coming on. I had pretty bad ppd after having DS. Anyways, we had a wonderful delivery with her. It was a long day, but everything went smoothly. After our family saw her and headed out to give us the night alone I lost it. Completely lost it. When I was moved to the post partum unit I freaked out because of the location of the room they put me in. It was the weirdest thing. Thank God the nurses were wonderful and moved me to a different room. I felt like a complete nut job. I cried on and off all night and when nursing DD I was having Horrible contractions from my uterus trying to go back to normal...it was way worse than anything I felt with labor. Well the whole weekend I cried on and off. They had me on Percocet for pain and I continued my Zoloft. On Sunday (the day we left) I saw a social worker about my depression and then later that day had a complete panic attack. They ended up giving me a Xanax. I have since switched to Lexapro because that worked well after having DS. Still not sure why my doctor chose Zoloft in the first place. I guess I can say I am doing a little better, but I just feel debilitated at some times. Especially in the evenings. All I can do is replay the birth and hospital stay in my head. I had a wonderful experience so it isn't bad. I am so sad that this is our last child and I won't get to experience it again. I'm sad that everything DD does will be the last time I get to go through each stage. I start to panic thinking about it all. Not to mention trying to get DS adjusted. He is doing very well, but I feel a lot of guilt still. I just hate that I feel like I am missing out on this time because of my depression and anxiety. I am doing all I can to get past it...medication, going to a support group, seeing a counselor...but I just get mad that I feel this way. It is good to know there are other women going through the same things though. Thanks for listening! Just had to get it out.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Just need to vent.

• I hope that things work out for you! Thank you for sharing/venting. Some ppl may not feel as comfortable posting their true feelings and/or issues and reading that someone else is experiencing some of the same things can really help them!
  • imagebrandi6102:
    I hope that things work out for you! Thank you for sharing/venting. Some ppl may not feel as comfortable posting their true feelings and/or issues and reading that someone else is experiencing some of the same things can really help them!

Thanks for your post! It really helps to get it off my chest and I feel like people here can relate more than telling friends/family. It helps to have others going through the same thing.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"