March 2013 Moms
Options

diaper rash creams..

Dd has a diaper rash that will not go away. We have been putting desitin rapid relief on her every diaper change for a week! What creams have you used that work??
Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage

Re: diaper rash creams..

• Options
    I love AD. My whole family loves it n uses it with all their kids. My mom, sister, aunt, and now myself use it on every single diaper change, without fail. No kids in our family have ever got diaper rash, so it works for sure! Good luck!
    Me: 30 | DH:34
    Married: 08/04/12
    DD: 6 years | Born: 03/28/13
    DS: 1 Year I Born 10/15/17

• Options
    I slather on aquaphor at the first sign of irritation, and it clears it right up.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    One of our girls had one that was so bad it was starting to bleed!

We soaked her butt in water mixed with a cup of vinegar. Quit using wipes and just used paper towels dipped in water and vinegar. A tiny bit of ad ointment along with cloth diaper and it was GONE overnight!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Cj's BUTTer the stick
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I second the butt paste! Lexi had a rash and I put it on twice and it disappeared.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    AD! My dd had a bad one! Wouldn't go away with desitin. Got AD and it was gone in a couple days and hasn't come back. Hopefully something will work for you. Poor baby. I wanted to cry along with my lo when she cried with hers.
  • Options
    er32585er32585 member
    A&D ointment all the way. Hell I even used on me postpartum. 
    BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I love the Aveeno diaper cream.  It has been my favorite so far.  It doesn't smell like the butt paste does.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    We are struggling with the same thing. My Dr told me there are 2 kinds of Desitin, rapid relief and maximum strength. Max strength is the one you want, it has way more zinc oxide. I would also recommend using Viva paper towels cut roll in half soaked in 1 1/2 cups water to make your own wipes. I pat baby's bottom dry after I wipe her, and when her rash is really flaring up, I use the warm setting on the blow dryer to make sure her toosh is extra dry.
  • Options
    Desitin Max strength or aveeno the aveeno is challenging to find, I think!

DS1 -6/25/11

DS2 -3/23/13

Missed MC D&C 8/26/14

DD - 8/26/15

LO#4 due 5/30/17

• Options

imageann_jeremiah:
    Desitin Max strength or aveeno the aveeno is challenging to find, I think!

Target has it.  I just ordered three of them!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Since I cloth diaper, I am giving CJs BUTTer a try.....assuming he gets a rash again. His last rash was in disposables right before the switch to cloth at about 2 weeks.

I also lay him on his belly diaper less and give his bottom some air and give him tummy time at the same time.

YBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I'm a fan of The Cloth Diaper Tech Support group on Facebook
  • Options
    rm2013rm2013 member
    imagemilkergirl1:
    Boudreaux's Butt Paste!

This! We use the all natural version.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Options
    My pedi told me to use triple paste and its the ONLY thing that works for Ellie.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Photo of the Remarkables mountain range in Queenstown, New Zealand.
  • Options
    jmdahnjmdahn member

My DS#1 had the worst ever  just after his 1 year birthday due to an allergy to sugar- blisters and everything- just horrible and everything above would not clear it up.  The dr finally told me to get kaopectate (sp), lotramin (for athletes foot), cortison and vaseline and mix a small amount of each together.  AMAZING! I only use this for the really bad rashes- but it cleared up the bad rash in 24 hours!

• Options
    LO had a bad diaper rash in his first few weeks. We had been using Vaseline as a barrier but he got a rash anyways. We started using Penaten but it didn't help. Our public health nurse suggested we try using Sudocrem but it didn't help either. By this time, LO's skin was so raw and was bleeding a bit. Our nurse suggested we use cornstarch when it got that bad so we started using pure cornstarch baby powder. It helped a lot. Our family physician also gave us a prescription for Nyaderm Cream to use if LO got a bad case of diaper rash again. His rash flared up after a week of it being healed so we used the cream once and the rash disappeared! We also aired out LO's bum during tummy time and I started using Kleenex instead of wet wipes for some changes to try and keep the area dry.
    Happily married to my Snorkelbutt - 07/31/10

BFP #1 09/02/11  M/C 09/12/11 8w6days
    BFP #2 07/18/12 Baby S born on his EDD 03/23/13

SS - age 12...SD - age 8...DS - 13 mos.
  • Options
    Our pedi recommended using a mix of creams. I mix them on a big ziploc and clip the corner to squeeze back into thetutubes. It's a tube of diaper rash cream, a tube of a d, a tube of hydrocortisone cream and a tube of lotrimin. I usually get the dollar store versions of it all. It worked for DS1
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"