October 2011 Moms
Options

S/O Mother's Day and Father's Day

What are your plans or what are you hoping for when it comes to Mother's Day?

What are you thinking of getting/doing for Father's Day?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

Re: S/O Mother's Day and Father's Day

• Options
    We are traveling about 1000 miles this weekend for DH's cousin's graduation. The graduation is Friday afternoon and we will be traveling back to my IL's house Saturday evening. So we will be there Sunday morning and traveling back home that afternoon. So my weekend will be stressful and tiring.

For Father's Day, I really haven't thought about it yet. Probably cook breakfast and his favorite dinner. I an sure he will want some car part for a gift.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker CafeMom Tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

I think our plans for Mother's day are

Go to church in the morning.

Order some awesome veggie pizza for lunch.

Spend time outside.

Eat more veggie pizza for dinner.

I don't want to cook and I want to hang out outside. This would seriously be an ideal Mother's day. Oh I also don't want to do dishes. That's perfect. 

For DH for Father's day I will probably get him something golf related. He has really started to enjoy golfing and I'm sure I could find something he'd like. I'll also make or  buy whatever he wants for lunch. 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

DH's parents are coming to visit this weekend. I'll make brunch for the family before they leave on Sunday. It will be nice to have the extra set of hands to entertain DD.

The greatest gift I can give DH is sleeping in and my birthday is the day after Father's Day (last year, it was the same day). Last year (and this year I plan to do the same), I let DH sleep in until about noon while DD and I went to the park and had a girls' breakfast at Starbucks together. Everyone had a special treat.

• Options

We are really hoping to go to the zoo on Mother's Day, and pack a nice picnic lunch to take with us. I'm really hoping the weather cooperates though. As of now they are calling for rain showers. If all goes well we may stop somewhere and get dinner on the way home too. That depends on DS though. I have no idea what DH and DS are getting me. I asked for some plants for the backyard since most of my landscaping was destroyed in Sandy. I know DH ordered something from amazon though, so I guess we'll see.

We haven't even discussed Father's Day yet. I might book a camping trip because DH has been dying to go. I have to see if he can get a few days off.

• Options

I'm hosting my family/aunts/uncles cousins here for a BBQ-we all trade off on holidays, and I took Mother's Day from my mom when we bought our house. Should be about 25 people, and then for Father's Day we'll be at my cousins.

I think DH is taking H to his parent's on Saturday and possibly staying over and coming back Saturday morning. Having the whole day on Saturday to myself, even if I'm busy getting ready, will be glorious.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    amyc216amyc216 member

MH has to work on Sunday.  I'm sure he doesn't have anything planned for me.  Last year he got me a gift card with no card and that's nice, but it wasn't very special.  My mom wanted to do something fun with all the grandkids so my sister and I are planning an outing to this local animal park and we're going to lunch. 

I haven't thought about Father's Day yet!  We'll see how Mother's Day goes first!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I stood outside a jewelry store and said, "See that?  I like it."  I was joking.  I told DH to take the kids shopping and let them pick something out for me.  We did this at Christmas and I wound up with a Hello Kitty Lego house.  DD and I play with it all the time so I can't wait to see what will happen for this weekend. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I am running a marathon in the morning on Sunday.  Depending on how I feel after I may go to my grandma's house in the afternoon.  That is where the rest of my family is going for a cookout.

I am sure H would have gotten me a gift, but I asked him to just take the money for that and my bday present and put it towards my Botox appointment coming up.

What weekend is Father's Day again? This spring is so crazy with baby showers, bridal showers and graduations that I can't even think about Father's Day yet!

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    joolz17joolz17 member

I took my mom out for manicures and dinner last night, along with my sisters for an early Mother's Day celebration. 

I'll be in hospital Sunday with a two day old baby, so that's how I'll be spending my day! That seems like a pretty awesome gift. 

• Options
    imagecolleenb262:

I am running a marathon in the morning on Sunday.  Depending on how I feel after I may go to my grandma's house in the afternoon.  That is where the rest of my family is going for a cookout.

I am sure H would have gotten me a gift, but I asked him to just take the money for that and my bday present and put it towards my Botox appointment coming up.

What weekend is Father's Day again? This spring is so crazy with baby showers, bridal showers and graduations that I can't even think about Father's Day yet!

Father's Day is June 16 this year.

• Options
    imageFianschneid:
    imagecolleenb262:

Father's Day is June 16 this year.

Thank you Fian!  Yep, we have a graduation party that weekend, so look's like we will be there for Father's Day.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options

I'm heading to the spa with my mom for the day on Sunday.  We're meeting up with the boys (my brother, DH, and LBB) at a brewery for dinner.

My plan was to give DH a trip to see his father for Father's Day, but the inlaws are coming down 2 weeks before, and I don't know if I can handle that much of them.

June '15 January Siggy Challenge.  Pinterest Fails

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    joolz17joolz17 member

imageSuperDeDuper:
    joolz wins.

I love winning!! 

• Options

Plans for Mother's day haven't been nailed down.

I'm hoping that DH's backyard renovation projects will be completed by Father's Day. If they are, I was thinking about getting him some cigars to smoke on our new deck -- despite the fact that I don't particularly approve of smoking! 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

My birthday is exactly 1 week after Mother's Day, for a combined gift MH is getting me a Kindle Fire, and we're going away for my birthday weekend, he's actually doing a Karate Seminar that weekend, So I'm meeting friends and hanging out with my sister.  For Mother's day we're going out to breakfast with my IL's.

For Father's day we'll probably go out to eat on that day, then the next weekend we're going away to a couple concerts, MH is in a Shriner's parade that weekend too, so it should be a fun Family weekend. IDK what I'm going to "get" him, I think I'm going to spring for a hotel the nights we're going to the concerts as his gift ;)

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    My mother is here, so the day is pretty much ruined. I think we'll do a redo of Mother's Day when she is gone.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    joolz17joolz17 member

imageAA0417:
    I hope everything goes smoothly. Enjoy your extra special Mothers Day.

Thank you! 

• Options

Strangely, now that I'm a mom... I feel like mother's day is less about me and more about my Mom and MIL.  Weird?

I'm just hoping for a nice card, some flowers maybe...  I don't know, something small that show appreciation.

I could also live with MH cleaning my bathroom shower doors.  :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"