Stay at Home Moms
Options

Help!! Desitin on carpet.....

Any ideas of how to get Desitin out of the carpet??  I totally left if on the floor after a change and well you guess it the kids found it and it's now all over the carpet.  I tired using the spot bot and regular spray carpet cleaner and the spot is still there.  Ugh, back to the post of how many kids can you handle???
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Help!! Desitin on carpet.....

• Options
    Try a small amount of dish soap.  It should help to combat the oil in the desitin.  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker>
  • Options
    imageNavyPilotWife:
    Try a small amount of dish soap. nbsp;It should help to combat the oil in the desitin. nbsp;

I was going to suggest this. I use dish soap on all oil based stains and it works wonders.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Zinc Oxide (Desitin) Stain Removal from Carpet

Zinc Oxide, the active ingredient in most diaper rash ointments, can leave a spot behind. To remove carpet stains made by zinc oxide, wipe away as much as you can with a clean cloth. Cover the remaining stain with baking soda to absorb any grease and let sit for an hour or so. When time is up, continue cleaning carpet by blotting any residue left behind with a mild dish soap. Wipe clean with a damp cloth, and no one will ever know a baby's bottom touched your floor!

Hope this helps...  The comments pointed out, don't use anything that will "heat" the desitin as it'll send it deeper in..

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"