April 2012 Moms
Options

Walking?

Is your LO walking yet?  I'm not talking about crusing...or taking steps while holding fingers or walker toys, etc...I'm talking straight-up unassisted walking across the room by his/herself?  Just curious...My kiddo is no where near yet!

BFP #1 - 04/11/2011 - EDD: 12/22/2011 -Natural MC 5/18/2011 @ 8w6d BFP

BFP #2 - 08/12/2011 - EDD: 04/21/2012 1st U/S 9/12/2011 - Healthy baby seen -- Heartbeat at 166!

BFP #3 - 08/02/2014 - EDD: 04/09/2015 ---Prayers for a take home baby

BabyFruit Ticker

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Walking?

• Options
    he started at around 11 months where he would walk from person to person or furniture and then has gotten better. he now can go from sitting to standing. I would say enjoy it while you can. he knows he is mobile now and just wants to run instead of being held as much.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    LesleyTLesleyT member
    LO started full on walking at 10mo- (just turned 1 two wks ago- he's at a full run- can run and kick balls, and maneuver like no one's business. It's crazy- he's everywhere and into everything. Enjoy your LO in one spot while you can! lol
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

C took her first unassisted steps just over a month ago, but she didn't really start walking as her primary mode of transportation until about 2 weeks ago. Even now, she still crawls almost as much as she walks. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    MsNessaMsNessa member
    Nope, but very close.  She's a maniac with anything she can push.
  • Options
    DS started walking just before he turned 11 months old. He is now almost running, jumping, and "plays soccer". Once they start they just don't slow down! I love seeing him grow up but wonder where my baby went!
  • Options
    minirayminiray member
    Not yet.  He will take a few unassisted steps towards me or DH but other than that no.  He's 13 1/2 months now.

BabyFetus Ticker

• Options

imageLesleyT:
    LO started full on walking at 10mo- (just turned 1 two wks ago- he's at a full run- can run and kick balls, and maneuver like no one's business. It's crazy- he's everywhere and into everything. Enjoy your LO in one spot while you can! lol

This, exactly! (Except for mine got my clumsy genes too and just totally wipes out sometimes! Sorry bud!) 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Nope, nowhere close. He pulls up on everything, cruises and loves to push things. He has stood unassisted a few times and does well but it will be awhile before independent steps. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    My daughter turned 1 year old on April 10th. She started taking 5-6 steps at a time about a week later. Now she can walk about 40 feet non-stop and she definitely prefers to walk rather than crawl. Now her "thing" is to pick up something in her hand, walk around the house, and then deposit it in a completely random spot! I have found things in the bathtub, the kitchen floor, the TRASH CAN, and in cabinets. We need to do some serious baby proofing around here.
  • Options
    I'm gonna try and not rush it -- bit he is a ring bearer in a wedding in 3 weeks haha...looks like Momma the bridesmaid will be carrying him down the aisle :)

BFP #1 - 04/11/2011 - EDD: 12/22/2011 -Natural MC 5/18/2011 @ 8w6d BFP

BFP #2 - 08/12/2011 - EDD: 04/21/2012 1st U/S 9/12/2011 - Healthy baby seen -- Heartbeat at 166!

BFP #3 - 08/02/2014 - EDD: 04/09/2015 ---Prayers for a take home baby

BabyFruit Ticker

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    Our LO started walking and taking steps at about 11 months but a week shy of 13 months starting  walking all on her own. She still falls on her little bum, shes still a little shaky but she gets herself over to something, pulls herself back up and goes on again. So yeah she cant get herself up without pulling up on something first. Its so cute to watch her walk though, she giggles with pride as she is doing it! :)
  • Options
    Nope! No walking here
    -----------------------------
    Penelope Lynn 5.8.2009
    Harrison Peter 4.10.2012

Check out the blog at balletandbaseball.com
    click for toddler hilarity
  • Options

Not by herself. She can do it, but as soon as she realizes no one is holding on to her, she sits right down.

Her Pediatrician said she will worry if she's past 15 months and isn't walking... 

30 - Waiting to TTC#2

PCOS -Fibroids -Type 1 Diabetes

• Options
    E started walking at 9 1/2 months. 10 months it was her main way of transportation.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"