April 2011 Moms

How much does LO eat?

Can you give me an idea of how much your LO is eating now? We went to DDs 2 year check-up and while she grew 3 inches in 6 months (?!?!) she only gained 1 pound. Dr wasn't overly concerned but said to weigh her at home each month and make sure she's gaining something each month.

Re: How much does LO eat?

• I think it's common for weight to slow down at this point, so I wouldn't worry.

Nora eats pretty big breakfasts, but then she eats small meals/snacks the rest of the day. Sometimes, I can't get her to eat more than 2 or 3 bites total for dinner.

Our sweet girl is 3!

Lilypie - (R7Ux)

• mrambo3mrambo3 member

DS is only 28lbs.  He eats a banana and a has a glass of milk before daycare.  Then at daycare he eats all of his breakfast and sometimes has two servings on his lunch.  As soon as he gets home, it's like a switch flips and he won't eat anything for dinner!  There are nights where he'll eat a few bites of dinner, others he'll eat everything and other nights he won't touch his dinner.  The pedi isn't worried one bit since they're super picky at this stage. 

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • AnjaOAnjaO member
    imageSarahL77:

I think it's common for weight to slow down at this point, so I wouldn't worry.

Nora eats pretty big breakfasts, but then she eats small meals/snacks the rest of the day. Sometimes, I can't get her to eat more than 2 or 3 bites total for dinner.

DS is pretty much the same as this.  He definitely out-eats me for breakfast and gets about 75% of his calories before his 11:30 nap.  He doesn't usually have much at all for dinner. 

BFP #1 8/14/10, DS born 4/30/11 
    BFP #2 9/30/12, M/C 10/23/12 
    BFP #3 12/16/12, CP 12/20/12 
    BFP #4 1/20/13, DD born 10/9/13
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Giselle eats more in the morning & as the day progresses she eats less.  At this point she is 99 percentile for height & 85 percentile for weight, she had only gained 2lbs.  My doctor wasn't concerned, so I wasn't either.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Z eats ALL DAY LONG. She's a grazer in between meals and still manages to eat quite a bit at each meal. Some days breakfast is a little light and sometimes dinner but it always works out. I think your LO is fine.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"