Parenting after a Loss
Options

XP: snuza go or halo...help decide

I've liked the idea of the snuza since I first stumbled across it. For those that don't know what it is...it clips to baby's diaper and monitors their breathing. If it doesn't sense breathing the halo will first vibrate after 15 seconds and then an alarm sounds after a few more seconds, where the halo has an alarm only. I like the idea of the vibration first, but could also see not caring about rousing baby but instead alerting me immediately that she stopped breathing. But if it's just a normal pause or it lost contact with her skin or something than the vibration would rouse her a little without waking her and noone would be disturbed. Last piece of info is that amazon has the go on sale for 67 where the halo is 108. Thoughts??? Anyone have one or the other?
3 ectopic pregnancies (EDD's 1/30/12-tube removed, 6/2/12-methotrexate and 10/2/12-methotrexate)
IVF and Natural FET resulted in BFN's and a hole in our wallets
Natural BFP #4 on 9/7/12 gave us our miracle on 5/18/13
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: XP: snuza go or halo...help decide

• Options

I have the Hero, I liked the vibration feature and watched it work (in my hand when changing diapers)

I have had a few false alarm, mostly slipping off diaper or the way they curl up not touching skin. But so far happy and gives me a little peace of mind. I bought 2 for $200 off some website a few months back.

• Options
    delinodelino member
    Thanks ladies. Daylights...we are signed up for an infant CPR class on the 10th. Just need her to stay inside until then.
    3 ectopic pregnancies (EDD's 1/30/12-tube removed, 6/2/12-methotrexate and 10/2/12-methotrexate)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    delinodelino member
    imageJessiebug81:

imagedelino:
    Thanks ladies. Daylights...we are signed up for an infant CPR class on the 10th. Just need her to stay inside until then.

I'm dying at how close you are. So, so happy for you friend Smile

Lol...everyone at work says their final goodbyes every night. Feeling not great today so they're all convinced it's happening soon. It won't feel real to me until she's in my arms.
  • Options
    delinodelino member
    imageJessiebug81:
    imagedelino:
    imageJessiebug81:

imagedelino:

I'm dying at how close you are. So, so happy for you friend Smile

Lol...everyone at work says their final goodbyes every night. Feeling not great today so they're all convinced it's happening soon. It won't feel real to me until she's in my arms.

I remember it well. You're doing so great though and she WILL be in your arms before you know it. And what a lucky little girl she is to have you as her mama!

You're so sweet!
  • Options
    jertiejertie member
    We got the Snuza and loved it!  Pip was in DC at 5 mos and it gave us so much peace of mind knowing that she was wearing it at all times. I can't remember which model we have but it sounds like the one you were describing (vibration and beep).  Honestly, I would not have felt right about leaving her at DC without it - just for my piece of mind.  The DC workers always marvelled over it and thought it was a really clever invention and wondered why they hadn't seen it before.  Good luck with your selection and having your baby!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Siggy Warning~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    julesjbjulesjb member
    We had the halowhich is now the hero and couldn't have lives without it. It actually crapped out on us around 9 months and is now a pain to turn off so we just bought a new one for 2.0
    BFP #1 6/18/10 Saw HB 7/15/10 Missed M/C 8/17/10 @ 12 weeks 2 days- 2 D&C's( 8/20 and 8/26) BFP#2 11/21/10 Nonviable at 5wks, possible ectopic. Methotrexate 12/3/10&12/9/10 BFP#3 3/10/11 Beta@12dpo 39 Beta@14dpo 160! 21 DPO 2439 HB at 7wks 127 EDD 11/17/11
    ITS A BOY!!!! Born 11/13/11 BFP #4: 10/29/12 edd 7/11/12
  • Options
    I think we had the Snuza Go. It only alarmed, no vibration. Whichever one you decide on will be money well spent for your peace of mind. False alarms are inevitable, but I swear it was the only way I could sleep at night.

Congratulations on your wee one!!
  • Options
    delinodelino member
    Thanks for the feedback ladies!
  • Options
    I have the Halo.  There were a few times I heard the vibration when she was sleeping next to me in the RNP and it wouldn't disturb her.  Even the alarm didn't really completely wake her up.  I could usually just push the buttons really quick through her clothing and it would turn off and she would just go right back to sleep. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"