7 Weeks Pregnant
Options

A quick ultrasound question...

I have been reading through many of the 7 week boards and noticed a lot of you guys have already got your ultrasounds done and heard the heartbeat as early as 5 weeks along...

My nurse scheduled my first ultrasound at a little over 9 weeks. This feels kind of late to me, is that normal? 

Re: A quick ultrasound question...

• Options
    baleisbaleis member
    I'm afraid I won't get on any time soon either. I go in for my first appointment at 8 weeks on the 14th. I am planning on asking for an early ultrasound but recently I have heard if there are no complications and you aren't high risk they won't do one until halfway through the pregnancy when they can see the gender. :( 
  • Options
    That's the exact schedule they put me on too. My first appt will be May 15, week 9, and then my first ultrasound the following week. Based on my medical history and current good health, they said there wasn't really any need to go sooner. This is my first, so I was a bit nervous they would let me go on my own that long!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Well, it's good to know I am not the only one but it makes me very uneasy not being able to hear my baby's heartbeat... I guess I just need confirmation that there's something in there!
  • Options
    Because I have had a history of miscarriage and other Health problems that have made me infertile, I have so far had an ultrasound at 4 weeks, you can't see anything but they check your blood flow 5 weeks could see yolk sac but no heartbeat and finally this week at 7 weeks finally able to see the heartbeat
    Because I seem to be doing so well, they don't want to see me again until 10 weeks. If they feel they can wait, it's a good sign that everything is going smoothly, I know how frustrating it must feel to wait though.
    We are finally expecting after ten years of trying.
  • Options
    I had an ultrasound at what I thought was 6 weeks because I had a miscarriage in January and asked for one.  When they looked around in there, they said I was only 4 weeks along, and all you could see was an empty black dot.  It got me even more nervous.  I go again on the 10th when I will be 8 weeks and said I should be able to see the heartbeat.  That is probably why your dr made you wait, I literally saw nothing but a black hole the first time.  I have had my hormone level monitored since then and the level keeps going up, so that eased my mind a little.
  • Options
    kar2480kar2480 member
    I never got an early ultrasound with my first pregnancy. Once I told them my periods were regular and I was sure about my LMP, that was all they wanted to know. I wasn't scheduled to have one until 20 weeks, but at my 17 week appointment I pointed out that the last nurse found a heartbeat in two separate spots. They brought in the portable ultrasound just to make sure she wasn't twins, since I had been measuring big the whole time. I wouldn't worry about it being a couple weeks later than some other moms. Every office is a little different.
  • Options
    Hello ladies, I was wondering the same thing. This is my first pregnancy and my first ultrasound will be on May24th, at week 10. I just went to my first appointment yesterday and the OB said that there was no concern so there is no need to do an early ultrasound.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"