TTC After a Loss 6 Months+

Bi-Weekly Queso and Margarita Party

In honor of Cinco de Mayo this weekend, we are changing things up! I honestly have no idea when the last post was, but I think it's been about two weeks, so we're all good, This is our bi-weekly check in, condensed version.  

Feel free to let us know how life is, you can b!tch, you can moan, you can complain, you can brag, you can cry, whatever you want. Enjoy the margaritas and queso dip! 

TTC since April 2010
BFP #1 – March 2011, missed m/c April 2011
BFP #2 – October 2011, m/c November 2011
Surprise BFP #3 – December 2011, diagnosed as cornual, terminated January 2012
BFP #4 – June 2012, m/c July 2012
Diagnosed with bicornuate ute and MTHR gene mutation
BFP #5 – October 2012, missed m/c November 2012
BFP #6 – January 2013, m/c March 2013
No longer TTC. Diagnosis: Hostile ute. Heartbroken and bitter. Pursuing surrogacy.
June 2013 - Carrier found! Could this really happen?!
~All AL always welcome~

Re: Bi-Weekly Queso and Margarita Party

• My update: We have picked the surrogacy agency we will be working with. We are also meeting with a potential carrier a week from today. HOLY CRAP! This is moving very fast all of a sudden and I couldn't be more thrilled, scared, excited...you get the picture. Next week will be spent researching the law firms that specialize in family law in our state as well as researching the cost of the labs we need. I can't believe that this is actually happening!

In non-TTCAL related topics, we are running a half marathon tomorrow. I am SO out of shape and nowhere near ready to run it. I can't wait for it to be over so I can go back to short runs and just focus enjoying myself during workouts. I have also started a massive undertaking to organize our house. I'm starting with paper clutter and how I tackle chores. So far, it's going really well. I do 20 minutes of cleaning each morning before work focusing on one task (vacuuming, dusting, etc.) and I LOVE not having to spend my entire day off cleaning the house. I highly recommend it!  

PS: To all of you who may have gotten unholy amounts of snow this past week, I am SO sorry. We were lucky and only got massive amounts of rain, but about an hour north of here, they got 7 inches last night. I feel for you ladies.

TTC since April 2010
    No longer TTC. Diagnosis: Hostile ute. Heartbroken and bitter. Pursuing surrogacy.
    ~All AL always welcome~

• Sammer - wow! I'm scared and excited for you.  I'm so glad you have a meeting set up so soon. I also really like your idea about the 20 minutes cleaning every morning.  MH has been traveling a lot and I don't like having the days he is home be about cleaning. 

Update:  I had my HSG on Wednesday.  Everything looked okay except for an air bubble that may have been a polyp.  It did not act like an air bubble but the RE also could not visualize it on an u/s.  He seemed okay with it when we left but I don't like the big question mark.  We are also waiting on the results of all of the RPL testing we had done two weeks ago.  Follow up appointment is 5/28 and hopefully everything will be in by then. 

Non-TTCAL:  Yesterday was officially my last day of law school.  I have one take home final to do and then I'm completely done and can focus on Bar prep.  It is exciting and scary all at the same time.

The day the Bump died - Jasper is wise
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • km_mdkm_md member

Sammer - Wow, that is so amazing!! It really does seem quick, but so exciting! I wish you the best as you go through this journey ((hugs))

Bug - ((hugs)) love. I hope that your appointment brings you some better answers.

My Update:

Yesterday was my EDD. It was okay. I let myself cry, I stayed home in my pjs all day, ate ice cream and I wrote a letter to LO. I also had a thisclose to being positive OPK, so DH and I DTD, which made me feel a little bit guilty, like I was not paying proper tribute to LO. But the ladies I talked to last night did make me feel better about it. Today's OPKs were darker, and the one I just took was positive, so DH and I will be busy this weekend. I'm in that struggle right now of being positive but realistic. 

In non-ttc news, not a whole lot is new. Still on the job search. I'm taking another class at school this spring to try and finish my degree as soon as possible.

Lots of love and (((hugs))) to everyone! 

• sammer - Thanks for posting this. GL today, let us know how it goes! It sounds like you've made a lot of progress in the GC searh. FX things keep moving along quickly and smoothly.

buggirl - Almost done!! I'm super excited for you! I already talked to you about your HSG but I hope you come up with a plan you're happy with when you see your RE to discuss all the results.

km_md - I'm glad you got through your EDD. Hopefully you'll feel better not having it hanging over your head, I know I did. YAY for the +OPK! woot woot! Sorry you still haven't had any success with the job search. I know you'll find something great though.

bookshelves - That's great that you're feeling like you've found your groove again. I hope things keep going well!

My update:

Not much new here. Just waiting on AF, although now I am having my typical O pain so maybe I'm going to O? I'm on CD42 post-loss now and I'm just so frustrated that my body isn't getting back to normal. I'm also waiting on a surgery date for my operative hysteroscopy. I hope I get a date soon and that I don't have to wait too long for the actual procedure. In happy news, I'm slowly but surely getting back into my normal routine after being benched from all exercise for a while, which feels great.

Have a great weekend, everyone!

TTC #1 since Sept 2011
    BFP#1 1/31/12. Empty sac discovered 3/5/12. MTX due to location in uterine horn.
    BFP#2 2/27/13. Empty sac confirmed 3/20/13. Mifepristone + cytotec.
    Currently TTA until Fall 2013, waiting for operative hysteroscopy
    Blog   ​Chart

• Just popping in to say hey to you ladies and to let you know I'm thinking of you all!

Sammer, that is great news!! I am not going to be really stalking you for updates ;)

Buggirl - Congrats on being almost done!

Km_MD ((hugs))

Bookshelves - Glad things are going well!

Mrs_E -  Hope you get a date soon and your body gets back to normal asap!

Jen - looove that siggy! :)

Not much going on over here.. end of the semester, so a lot of stress.. working on my portfolio and a lot of my friends are graduating. I'm just trying to focus on getting through the summer without being able to use the darkroom (my happy place) Not going to lie.. its going to be really tough. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • km_mdkm_md member

Bookshelves - I'm glad that things have been going well for you lately ((hugs))

Mrs.E - ((hugs)) I hope that your body starts to cooperate for you soon. Did you decide to stay with your original doctor for your operation?

VQ - Hey lady! I hope that your summer isn't too stressful for you ((hugs)) Good luck with your schooling! 

• sammer - Your news is so exciting! Congratulations! I hope the marathon went well! I am trying to organize as well, and this idea is awesome! I am going to try it - thank you!!!

buggirl - I understand your frustration with the question mark, I hate that. So many hugs that you keep going through these question mark situations - I only had to deal with it once and it drove me insane. (((hugs))) and FX that it will get cleared up at your next appointment. And CONGRATS on finishing school!!!

km_md - just lots of (((hugs))) twin. 

Bookshelves -  I'm glad that you are finding your groove and that things have been good! And PS - those lilacs are awesome!

Mrs.E -  Ugh. I'm so sorry hon and I hope your body gets it together and starts cooperating soon. That is so frustrating (((hugs))) please keep us updated on the hysteroscopy - T&P.

VQ - Booo to no darkroom! Is there any alternative? I hope you can find a way to relax! ((hugs))

My update: Not too much here. We are NTNP while the house situation is still in limbo, so while I've been taking my temp, I haven't been OPKing. I guess it is better than TTA completely, but I'm frustrated because we said we would be trying after we moved in March and I feel like time and opportunity is passing us by...

On the house - we still have no news except that they have started the court process for the abandoned title. For those of you who don't know, DH and I found a house we love in the country and put an offer in on November 29. We were supposed to close January 25. We had to give notice at our old apartment 60 days in advance and were told everything was good by the realtors and bank, so we said we would be out on February 28, giving ourselves a month buffer for issues. The week before we closed things went awry, and closing was pushed and since January it has been crazy. We had to move out February 28, because they had someone else coming in and we had not closed on the house, although we were set to close again the next week. So the owner let us move in here, where we have been since March. Waiting. It was found that the title was not clear and the seller has to go through the legal system to declare an abandoned title, which takes 6-8 weeks.

The part that annoys me the most is that we are waiting to get work done (new insulation and drywall, a staircase to the family room and a new roof) and because it is dusty, extensive work, we wanted to wait to unpack until it was done. Well, obviously we have been waiting for 2 months now, but we thought we would be waiting a week, so we didn't pack for this. At first I had 7 outfits and 2 pairs of shoes, no furniture, no cable, no internet, no home /cell phones (our cell phones don't get a signal here) and we slept on a mattress on the floor. 

I lasted about 2 months before breaking down and crying, and then DH put the bed together and we have since refinished the basement family room so we have a living area. (Don't get me wrong there are still boxes everywhere, but it is much better.) 

All in all, I still think we're lucky - we love the house and location (6 minutes from DH's work) and we aren't homeless! It has just been a trying time. 

(((hugs))) and love to everyone!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • EKGibsEKGibs member

Sammer: How exciting! Good luck with the meeting next week!

buggirl: Congrats on being finished with school!!!

km_md:(((hugs))) for your EDD.

Bookshelves:(((hugs)))

Mrs.E.07: Hopefully your body gets back to normal soon.

VQ: Love seeing you here!

janissylves: Fx everything gets straightened out with your house!(((hugs)))

I dont have any new TTC updates. I am graduating Friday!!!!! Then Saturday we are heading off to the beach. It will be the first time DH & I have gone on vacation by ourselves since our honeymoon so I'm excited.

TTC since 4/28/07
    Diagnosed w/ endometriosis 12/2010 Laproscopic surgery & 6 months of Lupron
    BFP 12/17/2011,EDD 8/23/12,ectopic discovered 12/29/11 at 6 weeks recieved methotrexate
    Dec '12 HSG & ultrasound showed abnormalities & more endo. Laproscopic surgery in January '13 showed significant damage & scar tissue from Endo. IVF is our best shot to concieve our rainbow.

June '13 Decided to go the adoption route!

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

imageimageFollow Me on Pinterestimageimageimage

***PGAL/PAL WELCOME***

• Buggirl - Congrats on being done with law school!!! YAY! Hopefully your upcoming appointment goes well.

kmmd - *HUGE HUGS* I'm glad you took care of yourself on your EDD and took the time to do things meaningful to you and your LO.

Books - Glad to hear you are settling into your new career.

Mrs E - That's awesome that you are getting back in to working out. It always felt so good to me to be able to start being active again after my losses. I hope your body gets back on track soon and that you get your surgery all set up.

VQ - I'm just so giddy to see you here Stick out tongue

Janis - I can't believe how many hoops you have to go through to get your house! So stressful. Hopefully everything is resolved soon!

EKG - Congrats on graduation!! AND you get to go on vacation?! No fair! Enjoy the beach!

TTC since April 2010
    ~All AL always welcome~

• LLPtobeLLPtobe member

Hi everyone! Sorry I'm a bit late in responding.

sammer - Yay! How exciting that the surrogacy plans are moving forward, and so quickly. I hope your marathon went well.

bug - FX for a good follow up appointment. I'm sorry about the inconclusive polyp/air bubble. Question marks are no fun, but if your RE isn't concerned then I would say take their advice. And WOOHOO!!! for finishing law school! Congrats!

km - (((hugs))) and GL on your job search.

books - Glad you are feeling so good lately! Smile

Mrs.E - That is great that you can get back to exercising. I'm sure it feels good to get back to it.

VQ - *waves furiously* HIIIIII! Big Smile

janis - Wow, I had no idea what was going on with the house situation. I'm sorry you've had to deal with all that. I hope it gets resolved quickly so you can get the work done and get unpacked finally!

EK - Congratulations on your graduation!!

Ok, now for an update on me: Nothing much new to report. DH and I had last week off from work and spent the days doing springtime things around the house. The weather was absolutely gorgeous so we were outside as much as posible, and walked and hiked with the dogs. That Friday night we went out to a really nice dinner, just the two of us. It was so wonderful to have that time together and we had a good conversation about where we're at with TTA/TTCAL. We both decided to step way back from everything and just focus on each other, our careers, and what is going on in the present for now. I would like to be farther along in my career before returning to TTC and that probably means it will be 3-5 years before we are 'there'. On the one hand it feels like forever, but on the other I know I am not ready yet and probably wont be next year either. For now it's nice to know that it's out there in the future, but I don't have to think about it right now. Anyway, big (((hugs))) to all of you!

July TTCAL Siggy Challenge - Favorite Children's Book
    Donkey-Donkey - Roger Duvoisin  1968  Vintage Childrens Book
    Surprise BFP 5/15/12, EDD 1/29/13, mm/c @ 8wks, discovered at 11wks, D&C 7/11/12
    AF finally arrived on Christmas after 167 days of waiting.
    TTA until January 2014
    Follow Me on Pinterestimageimage
    PGAL/PAL always welcome

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"