Homeschooling
Options

Book it .. link inside

I lurk on here occasionally because I am quite interested in homeschooling my son at a later date and found this in one of my newsletters.

.. figured someone might have a use for it, so sharing it here.  :)  Quite honestly I have no idea what this program is, it's new to me but this newsletter I get always has great offers, so I figured it had to be worth a look. 

If the links in the text I copied from the newsletter don't work, the main site is

https://www.bookitprogram.com/

ScreenHunter_1443 May. 01 13.01Attention homeschool families- here?s a program for your kids in grades K-6! Now through September 1st, just go here and fill out a form to request a free BOOK IT! materials for the 2013-14 Pizza Hut BOOK IT! Program ? which was established over 27 years ago to help motivate children to read more.  Plus, you might score a FREE personal pan pizza!

*You must be a parent homeschooling your child(ren) and the child(ren) must be in kindergarten through 6th grade as of September 1, 2013. One order per household will be accepted. Duplicate orders will be voided. If a change needs to be made to your order after you have submitted it, please call 1-800-426-6548. Homeschool group/coop orders are no longer accepted. Orders are taken on an individual homeschool family basis only and materials will ship out in September.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Book it .. link inside

• Options

I did Book-It when I was in public school as a child.
    Back then we basically got a huge pin that we collected stickers (5ish I think) on for reading a certain amount.  When you filled up the whole pin, you got a personal pan pizza.
    (Or maybe you got a pizza every time you got a sticker??)

It was awesome as a child because I didn't have to share my pizza.  Haha!

I'm glad you linked this.
    While it's still quite some time before any of my children are in school, this is one of the things I was complaining to my husband about rather recently... "I'm sad they won't get to do Book-It."

We also had a program through Six Flags that would earn us a free ticket, so if any of you live near one, you might want to look into that too.

ETA: Are there even any sit-down Pizza Huts left any more?  Around here there aren't.  That dilutes some of the fun to me...

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageRebecca2024:

I did Book-It when I was in public school as a child.
    Back then we basically got a huge pin that we collected stickers (5ish I think) on for reading a certain amount.  When you filled up the whole pin, you got a personal pan pizza.
    (Or maybe you got a pizza every time you got a sticker??)

It was awesome as a child because I didn't have to share my pizza.  Haha!

EI'm glad you linked this.
    While it's still quite some time before any of my children are in school, this is one of the things I was complaining to my husband about rather recently... "I'm sad they won't get to do Book-It."

We also had a program through Six Flags that would earn us a free ticket, so if any of you live near one, you might want to look into that too.

ETA: Are there even any sit-down Pizza Huts left any more?  Around here there aren't.  That dilutes some of the fun to me...

we have a sit down Pizza Hut and I'm in a city and so do my parents and they are in a small town.  I've been there once though when DS got his first book it and it was nasty.  We haven't been back to sit down but we just get his pizzas to go. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"