Natural Birth
Options

Red raspberry leaf tea

Hello Everyone! :) 

My midwife wants me to drink 4 cups of this tea every afternoon. This tea is supposed to make me have Braxton Hicks contractions. And is also supposed to help with the bleeding after birth. I've been drinking it for about a week. I haven't had any Braxton Hicks since drinking it. It tastes a lot like black tea. Is there anyone else drinking this? I'm 33 weeks, should I start having Hicks contraction at this point if I'm drinking this stuff. Any help yall can give would be awesome. Thanks.  

Re: Red raspberry leaf tea

• Options

I've been drinking it since about 35/36 weeks and I've never heard of it giving contractions.  I've heard of it helping prepare your uterus for labor & control bleeding.  I haven't had many or hardly any Braxton Hicks contractions from drinking it. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    RRL tea does not cause uterine contractions.  It tones and strengthens the uterus helping to prepare it for labor and aids in a faster recovery.  
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Hmmm...RRL does not give contractions. It helps with toning the uterus, but it just doesn't have the kind of power you might be thinking it does. If you are having BH then it might be because your body is tired, dehydrated, or is just strengthening itself (though in that case, they should not be strong). My MW (also an herbalist)had me drink a quart of it every day of my pregnancy, optimally drinking even more of it in the third trimester. I also drank it post-partum. I had a great labor and recovery with DS2, so I like to think it helped.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"