Toddlers: 24 Months+
Options

Ok to wake clocks

worth it or no?

My son is 2 1/2....he used to sleep until 7:00-7:30 then 2 things happened, 1. we took the front of the crib off so its still his crib but has a bed rail on the front (he LOVES it, so there was never a ruff transition) and 2. the change in weather, its brighter in the morn and birds are chirping out front of his room. He's now getting up at 6:15 everyday like clock work, he does NOT get out of his bed, he still calls for one of us to come and get him so Im not 100% sure its the new bed thing b/c its not like he found this freedom and is out and about.  

Im considering the clock but they all have such mixed reviews. I guess it really depends on the child, just wondering what your thoughts are on this and if there was a particular one you would recommend. I see one is listed as a night light too, my son HATES a night light so can you turn that feature off?  

TIA!  

Re: Ok to wake clocks

• Options
    it may be the new bed. My daughter was doing the same thing, I put the blackout curtains back up and she sleeps until 7 now
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imagelogoz80:
    it may be the new bed. My daughter was doing the same thing, I put the blackout curtains back up and she sleeps until 7 now

Hehe.  I was going to say the same thing!  Blackout curtains.  I'm making them now to hang.  I really hope they make a difference.  It's light out here until 9 or so too.  It's affecting bedtime too.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Lilypie - (A6Jy)

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    ambrvanambrvan member

My DS has sheer curtains. After this week, I am going pronto to find some red blackout curtains. Or make them. Not sure yet. He has been waking up while I am getting ready for work and then causing SD to wake up, and it has just completly thrown off our morning routine. We have been late to get the door every day this week. How ironic. Late because someone got up early.

I doubt my DS would be affected at all by the clock, though.

• Options

my daughter loves her clock

we've been quite strict lately that we don't go downstairs until her 'sun' comes up on her clock

so if she's up, fine whatever - I can't force her to stay in her bed, but we won't go down (to where toys, tv, etc) until 7am - period

after a few weeks of it, she totally gets it

I'm hoping eventually she will just grab a few books to read and stay in bed til the sun comes up

I think it's a GREAT invention for kids who can't read time yet - I love ours :)

• Options
    imageambrvan:

My DS has sheer curtains. After this week, I am going pronto to find some red blackout curtains. Or make them. Not sure yet. He has been waking up while I am getting ready for work and then causing SD to wake up, and it has just completly thrown off our morning routine. We have been late to get the door every day this week. How ironic. Late because someone got up early.

I doubt my DS would be affected at all by the clock, though.

Joann fabric has their blackout fabric 50% off right now!  I bought enough for DS1, DD2 & our bedrooms!  Lol.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Lilypie - (A6Jy)

• Options
    UGH we already have the black out shades!!
  • Options
    LSU628LSU628 member
    We bought the OK to Wake Clock. At first she was excited about the cow, but now could care less. She still wakes up and sneaks into our bed at night. She asked DH to turn off the cow b/c she doesn't like it. I think she doesn't like it b/c she doesn't want to go to sleep or stay in her own bed at night.
    imageimage
  • Options
    I was going buy one of the wake clocks but then right around the same age (2 1/2), I just put a regular digital clock that I had on the top of his bookcase and covered the minutes to make it a bit less confusing.  He knew not to call for us until the clock showed 6 (he usually wakes between 5:30-6am!).  It actually worked really well and just recently, I removed the tape I had covering the minutes.  You might want to just try that first - I also didn't want a nightlight and the amount of light this digital basic clock gives off is minimal.
    www.healthyhappytot.com - Healthy, non-toxic product recommendations for children from a mom who has really used them!
  • Options
    We have the blackout shades but they only cover so much of the window, we still have a small sliver of light that comes through the sides.  We also have the time to wake clock and find it works best for the morning only.  If it's in the middle of the night, she doesn't care and will come into our room anyway.  We then just get up and guide her back to her room and tell her that her clock isn't green yet - trying to be as boring and dull as possible.  But in the morning, she loves to announce to us when it turns green which is cute.  On occasion she'll still get out of bed before hand but we just gently remind her that it's not time to get up yet and put her back in bed.  We don't bend on this what so ever or it will be null and void. :)
    photo 82cd8793-783f-431f-96f0-fcca1084a640_zpsc15e5cb6.jpgimage"Daisypath"> Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

photo d5624905-a6b6-418f-b278-83e809b23a24_zpsd0363f36.jpgBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"