April 2012 Moms

Who is still BFing?

I'm guessing I'm not the only one.  :-)  So tell us:

How many times a day do you nurse/pump?

Any MOTN feedings?

Ready to be done?  Or happy to cruise along the extended BFing path?

And if you are planning to continue, have you encountered any negativity about it? 

ETA: Is AF back?

Re: Who is still BFing?

• MsNessaMsNessa member

How many times a day do you nurse/pump?   She nurses about 5-7 times a day.  I rarely pump unless we went out on a date and I'm really full.

Any MOTN feedings?  I go in to nurse her before I go to sleep (10:30) and again when I wake up (6-7am).  Coming up I'm hoping to drop one or both of these, but for now it's working just fine and she sleeps for a long time.

Ready to be done?  Or happy to cruise along the extended BFing path?  Cruising.  No plans to wean anytime soon.

And if you are planning to continue, have you encountered any negativity about it?   Eh, not really.  Some people don't understand why I'd want to continue, but that doesn't bother me.

No AF yet.  Which is fine by me since we aren't TTC.  With DD1 I got it back around 10 months.  DD2 definitely nurses more than her sister did at this age. 

• I still am. :)  He's down to about 2 feedings during the day and usually one additional feeding during the night. 

I am ready to be done but not worried about it, you know what I mean? Right now, it's working for us. If he stopped tomorrow, I wouldn't be upset or anything.

No one has been negative to me about nursing.  

I will say I don't even really know how to wean a kid -- my first stopped nursing around 13 months when I was pregnant and that's not a tactic I would like to use this time, lol! :)  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I BF twice a day. Once in the a.m. right when she wakes up and once right before bed.  She sometimes wakes up in the MOTN and I do nurse her because she goes right down within minutes (if I don't she could be up for an hour). I love nursing and I don't plan to stop anytime soon. 

UGH... all of my friends stopped nursing after their babies were a few months old. They make fun of me all the time. They say, "you are going to be that mom bfing your 3 year old". SO I don't talk about it to anyone.. I just do my own thing.  DH is totally on board (he likes that I always put her down and wake her up!)  So we will continue till she wants to stop.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Got AF back 2 months ago.. happy because I am hoping to start TTC again in July/Aug
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We're down to just nursing at bedtime and if he wakes in the MOTN, which luckily hasn't been too often lately.  I've been slowly weaning him over the last few months, first to formula, now all milk, and it's worked wonderfully for us.  I'm glad I did it this way because weaning was one thing I was kind of nervous about but it just came very naturally, as DS got less interested in nursing, and it's been perfect because I've never been uncomfortable and I've kind of let him take the lead :)

I am pretty ready to be done altogether, so we may be dropping the bedtime nursing soon.  DS only nurses for a few minutes on each side then anyway so I know it's not for hunger, just for comfort, but then we brush our teeth and read and he seems to be really comfortable snuggling during that time too, so yea...I think the boob is on its way out.

No negativity and no AF yet either.  I have a Mirena and my midwife had said that it's sometimes normal to not have AF, no complaints here!

• How many times a day do you nurse/pump?  I still nurse about 4-6 times a day: In the AM when DD wakes up, when I get home from work around 4 PM, we nurse to sleep at 7PM and then 1 MOTN feeding. 

I also pump 2 times per day (when at work), or nurse when I'm home.  I don't plan to transition to any other type of milk for a few more months. 

Any MOTN feedings? One

Ready to be done?  Or happy to cruise along the extended BFing path?  I planned to continue as long as DD wants to.  Hopefully we will make it to my goal of at least 2 years.

And if you are planning to continue, have you encountered any negativity about it?  Nope.  I was washing out my pump parts at work the other day at lunchtime and one woman said, "Wow.  You certainly are dedicated." Big Smile

I'm pretty crunchy (and vocal) and everyone knows it, so even if someone had something negative to say, I don't think they'd dare.  Wink

ETA: Is AF back?

Back at 9 months pp.  Yuck.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • How many times a day do you nurse/pump? 4-6 timesAny MOTN feedings? Not recentlyReady to be done?  Or happy to cruise along the extended BFing path? I'm getting ready to be done, I'm KU so we'll see how that progresses.And if you are planning to continue, have you encountered any negativity about it? Now that my hubby told some that I'm KU, I'm worried about the backlash of nursing and being pregnant. But whatever, I have a pretty loud mouth if someone says anything stupid.  ETA: Is AF back? She was 8w PP now no because I'm KTFU!

DS1 9.24.2010      DS2 4.18.2012        DS3 12.15.2013

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie - (fyXz)

Lilypie - (28Zf)

• imageCJPowers:

I BF twice a day. Once in the a.m. right when she wakes up and once right before bed.  She sometimes wakes up in the MOTN and I do nurse her because she goes right down within minutes (if I don't she could be up for an hour)....

THIS. I quit pumping at work when LO turned 1. My supply has gone way down and she usually only nurses for a few minutes each side, but I figure even a little milk is good for her. I'm cruising along with nursing but I get irritated when I go out of town and have to lug a pump with me to get only 2 ounces per pumping session. It's a lot of hassle for 4 ounces of milk per day. However, I'm willing to do it to keep up nursing until C is ready to give it up. She's done the leading this far and its worked great, so I'm going to keep letting her lead.

DH's family hassles me a little, but they never breastfed at all, so I don't really care.

AF came back around 6 months, but I haven't been regular. 

• imageMsNessa:

How many times a day do you nurse/pump? Usually just twice, when he wakes up and as part of his bed routine. 

Any MOTN feedings? Nope

Ready to be done?  Or happy to cruise along the extended BFing path? My goal was a year so I'm really happy because it was SO hard and painful the first couple months. His teeth are starting to dig in when he nurses at night so maybe I'll cut it out. I guess I'm sort of just going to wean when he loses interest- I don't really know, we'll just see. 

And if you are planning to continue, have you encountered any negativity about it? It seems so weird that anyone would care. 

ETA: Is AF back? Came back 9mo pp when I went back to work. Boo. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• minirayminiray member

How many times a day do you nurse/pump?  When I'm at work I nurse him before work, after work, before bed and then 0-2 times in the MOTN and I pump twice at work (10am-2pm).  When I'm home with him he usually nurses about every 3 hours all day.

Any MOTN feedings? yes he's up 0-2 times a night, lately it's been 2.

Ready to be done?  Or happy to cruise along the extended BFing path? happy with the way things are.

And if you are planning to continue, have you encountered any negativity about it?  my boss is very supportive of me pumping at work so that's nice.  I don't really nurse him in public anymore (because he's too distracted to ask) so people don't really comment.  My mom is supportive.  My MIL always has something negative to say about it but she does that about everything.

Is AF back? Not yet.  Well it came back once in June and once in July and not since.

BabyFetus Ticker

• imageMsNessa:

I'm guessing I'm not the only one.  :-)  So tell us:

How many times a day do you nurse/pump? 3x during the day each when he goes down for a nap/bedtime. We were at 5x until last week when I dropped feedings.

Any MOTN feedings? Yes about 2x or 3x. It was 4x for awhile.

Ready to be done?  Or happy to cruise along the extended BFing path? I want to keep the bedtime nursing since he likes it. I'm ready to be done with the daytime nursing

And if you are planning to continue, have you encountered any negativity about it? I have silence from my family but I'm sure they disagree with it. I'm the first in the fam to bf so they just don't get it.

ETA: Is AF back? Nope almost 2 yrs af free :-)

• jesbethjesbeth member
    I nurse DD at least 5 to 6 times a day, more if she's not feeling well/teething. I can't remember the last time I pumped. If I'm unable to BF DD, she gets more WGM (whole goat milk).

DD usually STTN and then when she wakes up around 7am, I bring her to bed with me where I BF her and we both fall back asleep for another hour or two.

I am not ready to be done and DD isn't either. I was worried that since she is walking she'd be ready to wean, but we both seem to cherish our special time. I'm going to let her wean when she's ready, however I expect when I become pregnant again she may be less inclined.

I have had some negative remarks from my father and my MIL about the fact that I still BF, but I don't care one bit. I generally don't NIP anymore because DD is so distracted!

I have had AF back since DD was around 8 months old, so going on 6 months now.
  • Still nursing and don't plan to stop any time soon. I would say DS nurses around 15 times per day and 2-5 times per night (we bedshare). 

I've experienced some negativity from my own parents who like to make fun of me, but I don't care. I want to do what's best for my baby, and, for now, I believe continuing is what is best.  

AF came back at 9mPP 

4.24.12                                                                            5.7.14
                  imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby #2 Chart

BabyFetus Ticker

imageimageimageimage

• How many times a day do you nurse/pump?

Nurse 3-6, not pumping at all anymore. When I have nighttime plans he can get to sleep without nursing.

Any MOTN feedings? Sometimes, if he wakes. Could probably get him back to sleep without it. 

Ready to be done?  Or happy to cruise along the extended BFing path? Loving it. No plan in the near future.

And if you are planning to continue, have you encountered any negativity about it? 

ETA: Is AF back? Been back for over 6 mos.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"