November 2011 Moms
Options

Toddler bed already!?!

I walked in to get dd from her nap today and found her knee stuck in the bar and her waist high on the side of.her crib! After a little freak out by me I got to thinking she might be ready for a toddler bed but I know I am not!
Anyone elses lo climbing out of their crib or in a big kid bed already?

Re: Toddler bed already!?!

• Options
    Oh wow. I'm waiting For the day he jumps down. Ninja style! Right now we are just running around the crop and throwing everything out. Good luck
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

DD1 climbed out for the first time at 18 months.  We removed her bumpers and we were able to keep her in the crib until 21 months.  At 21 months she started climbing out everyday. 

I can't imagine DD2 being in a toddler bed right now.  She is crazy and a totally different kid than DD1.  I'll be keeping her contained as long as possible!

photo a42489fa-98a3-436b-b31b-266d7d204e5d_zpsde5f201a.jpg
    my read shelf:
    Molly's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)Follow Me on Pinterest
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Anniversary
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yikes! Good luck with that! We have a convertible crib and didn't take the side of that off until DD was about 2 1/2. Even after we took it off, I had to go in her room for the longest time to get her. She wouldn't come out of her room on her own. It was awesome! Now DS will be another story. I shutter to imagine it. I wish you the best with this, OP!
  • Options
    My almost 3 yearold is still in his crib.  He will be transitioning to a toddler bed this summer.  DD is showing no signs of climbing in her crib which is amazing because she would climb the walls if I told her it was possible.

BFP #1 10/13/09 EDD 06/20/10 DS Born on 06/26/10
    BFP #2 03/08/11 EDD 11/16/11 DD Born on 11/04/11
    BFP #3 08/29/12 EDD 05/06/13 M/C on 08/30/12
    BFP #4 11/01/12 EDD 07/09/2013 M/C on 12/28/12
    BFP #5 04/30/13 EDD 01/03/14 DS Born on 01/02/14
    BFP #6 01/11/15 EDD 09/22/15 M/C 03/09/15
  • Options
    Baby girl wouldn't even go in her crib anymore, so we converted it two months ago.
  • Options
    caffrincaffrin member
    DS will be in a big boy bed before this LO arrives in June. I'm soooo nervous for the transition!
         Lilypie - (2Lt7)      Lilypie - (WFOL)

Jonah Stephen born at 39w on 11/3/2011                Naomi Isabel born at 37w 5d on 5/27/2013
  • Options
    DD isn't climbing out yet, but we are using the crib for the next LO, so we are starting the transition now. DD loves the toddler bed, as did DS. We transitioned DS at 18 months as well with no problems. 
    E 03.10
    H 11.11
    C 08.13

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Thankfully my wild child hasn't tried to climb out yet. I am scared of the toddler bed! I am being totally selfish but I don't wanna transition any time soon.

Baby Boy #2 is on the way!

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options

imageJamiesWife2010:
    Thankfully my wild child hasn't tried to climb out yet. I am scared of the toddler bed! I am being totally selfish but I don't wanna transition any time soon.

This is me too.  Also thankfully DS1 is a shorty so I'm not too concerned about him being able to climb out just yet.   

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    DS climbed out of the crib a few weeks ago. Fortunately we had one more level we could lower it to. But he keeps trying to get his foot over the edge. I am just nervous about toddler proofing his room.
  • Options
    I'd work on keeping her in the crib.  Of course if she's being dangerous in the crib, you have to weigh your options, but DS was in a crib until he was almost 3.5 and I kind of wish we had waited even a little longer.  That move is what led to the end of naps (I think)

~Working Mom~Breastfeeding Mom~Cloth Diapering Mom~BLW Mom~

Blog - No Longer on the DL ~ The Man Cave
    Shawn and Larissa
    LO #1 - Took 2 years and 2 IVFs ~ DX - severe MFI mild PCOS homozygous MTHFR (a1298c)
    LO #2 - TTC 7 months, surprise spontaneous BFP!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    StefB28StefB28 member

Silly question, but is your crib on the lowest setting? We've moved ours twice and it's currently so low it's almost on the floor.

We tried moving DS1 not long after he turned 2 (he was climbing out) and it was a disaster for us... He just wasn't ready. We tried again a few months later and it was an easy transition!

• Options
    Does your LO wear a sleep sack? This makes it harder to put their leg over the rail.
  • Options

Thankfully, DD is petite so she isn't tall enough to climb out yet. I plan to get her a big-girl bed (haven't decided if we will do a toddler bed or a twin) for her second birthday. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"