December 2013 Moms
Options

Ok symptom!! :]

I'm a ftm and I'm normally a little introverted and can get my feelings hurt easily. I get bothered by not being liked and sacrifice to do what everyone else wants to do to avoid confrontation.

But for the past few weeks I do not give a bleep. I know I'm kind, smart and do good work. So if people don't like me I suddenly couldn't care less.

Maybe it's the hormones, maybe im suddenly selfish, maybe it's because God gave us a miracle but I like the new confident me and it almost makes up for puking my intestines up.

Hope we all have a little sunshine in the black clouds of first trimester symptoms!!!! :]

Re: Ok symptom!! :]

• Options
    Good job finding the silver lining! I however am just completely miserable in every way. Lol, here's to being halfway done with first tri, ugh!

BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
    BFP #1 - 07-15-12; Natural MC 07-18-12
    BFP #2 - 09-29-12; U/S showed baby stopped growing @ 5wks 4days - 10-30-12; D&C - 10-31-12
    BFP #3 - 04-10-13; Third time is a charm... Stick, baby, stick!!!
  • Options

I am also an introvert and a people pleaser, so I understand and am very happy for you! I am the same way. Over the years I have learned how to say "no" and put my own priorities first, but it doesn't mean I don't feel bad doing so sometimes.

I have not experienced this change since becoming pregnant but I am only 5w1d. I have had a lot of physical symptoms (but no nausea yet!) and they are all very subtle so I am thankful but again I am only 5w1d so I expect them to worsen before they get better. I also got pregnant on the first try so I am appreciative of that.

I also can't smell very well normally, so with my heightened sense of smell I figure this is how normal people smell, and it's nice to have that experience.

Hoping this symptom sticks for you! :)

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I am the same way and I have had my no-BS pants on for about three weeks now. It's refreshing...apparently not only to me, but also to the few close friends I do have.  ;) 

I had no idea being a pushover bugged them that much!  

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Yaaay lol a boost of confidence is amazing to have especially during the first trimester. I hope this continues throught the pregnancy and after! From what youve said seems like you deserve to be a little selfish!
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    Awesome! I am an extrovert but also a people pleaser. Until recently, when I suddenly don't care either, and tell people like it is. Hope the new found confidence stays for us, cause I like it too.

IAmPregnant Ticker
    Dream celeb baby daddy- Prince Harry
      Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Exciting!! I hope you keep up the mentality! I fight the same things wanting to please everyone and when you can give that up, it's such a blessing.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"