March 2013 Moms
Options

need suggestions

DD is almost 7 weeks old and has slept well in her crib since the second day home. I swaddle her every night, but at nap time I can't bring myself to do it and so she ends up sleeping on me, DH or Grandma. With it getting warmer I don't want to overheat her, but she will not sleep on a flat surface without being swaddled. Any suggestions?

I XP this on 0-3, but thought you ladies always had such good suggestions since we have been through pregnancy and not motherhood together.

BFP #1 7/6/2012, EDD 3/13/2013, Delivered 3/14/2013

BFP #2 1/7/2014: EDD:9/14 MC: 1/9/2014 (confirmed via blood work)

BFP #3 7/5/2014: EDD 3/11/2015 MC: 7/15/2014

BFP #4 11/7/2014: EDD 7/17/2015~~Please be my RAINBOW!

My Chart

image image image

All are Welcome!

Re: need suggestions

• Options
    I've basically stopped swaddling altogether, he seems to hate it now! However he still refuses to sleep in his crib or during the day, swaddled or not
  • Options
    Do you have a swing or a bouncy seat? DD will snooze in either one of those during the day without any fussing or swaddling. I just make sure to keep an eye on her, so she stays in the living room since we have a pretty open floor plan.
    It's a girl!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Can you get one of the swaddles made for summer time? They are much lighter in weight and wont get so warm.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I would just swaddle with either a onsie or nothing underneath.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    rm2013rm2013 member
    imageMrs MoJoRisin:
    I would just swaddle with either a onsie or nothing underneath.

This. Plus, we got halo sleep sack swaddles in cotton its very thin and breathable so LO is cool and comfy.

During the day I'm also guilty if putting her in the swing. She'll sleep for at least an hour or two with no swaddle and sometimes even without the swing on!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"