1st Trimester

Talk to me about progesterone...

Intro:

hi ladies! I'm 30, this is my third pregnancy. My DS is almost 16 months. I had a miscarriage at the end of August. EDD 1/7/14.

my question is about progesterone... 

My first pregnancy was a text book pregnancy, 2nd pregnancy ended in miscarriage. My OB did blood work Friday and my progesterone level was 11 and hcg was 24. He wrote a script for an oral progesterone today and did more blood work. I guess I'm just wondering if the progesterone works more times than not? Anyone have any experience with this? 

Thanks!  

Re: Talk to me about progesterone...

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Progesterone is one of those things some doctors prescribe to anyone with a history of loss just to be on the proactive side (I'm on metformin still for the same reason). Depending on the cause of your loss, and what problems this pregnancy may go through it may do a lot to help or it may.

Progesterone definetly doesn't guaruntee that you won't have another loss, it just helps fight some possible factors in whether or not you will have one.

Long answer short: It doesn't hurt, and it may help.

Suprise BFP: 8/17/11 (previous relationship)
    Natural m/c: 10/17/11
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Me (Katie)
    DX:PCOS
    DH (Adam
    Married 10/11/12
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    TTC #1 since 3/12
  • Loading the player...
  • imagexconf143usionx:

Progesterone is one of those things some doctors prescribe to anyone with a history of loss just to be on the proactive side (I'm on metformin still for the same reason). Depending on the cause of your loss, and what problems this pregnancy may go through it may do a lot to help or it may.

Progesterone definetly doesn't guaruntee that you won't have another loss, it just helps fight some possible factors in whether or not you will have one.

Long answer short: It doesn't hurt, and it may help.

Good answer. Take it and hope for the best.

• I was just put on it too in suppository form because my levels were going down. I was freaked out but I talked to a few people about it and they said they had normal pregnancy's after going on it. I have my first ultrasound tomorrow.
  • I started oral progesterone twice a day at 6w.  I'm 13w now and everything looks great.  I don't know what my hcg was at the time... but my progesterone was 8.1 and they wanted it be 10 at the lowest. 
  • JessiUFJessiUF member
    I am hoping so!  I have a 2 year old and have had 2 miscarriages in the last year.  I am now pregnant again and my progesterone was 15.  I was put on progesterone and so far my pregnancy has gone further then the other two.  I saw the heart beat last week and I am hoping third times the charm
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"