1st Trimester
Options

Miscariage chances

hi there. I recently found out im pregnant. I am 5 weeks today which was when i miscarried lasr time. What is the probability it will happen again?  

Re: Miscariage chances

• Options

Its really hard to say. I would truthfully try to remain positive. Its all you can do. FX for a happy, healthy pregnancy.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Options

The standard answer is the same as if you'd never had a miscarrage (the odds go up after 2). That is about 15-20%. That being said, it all depends on why you miscarried. 5 weeks is very early, therefore your previous loss was most likely caused by a random chromasomal abnormality in that particular baby, and will probably not affect any subsequent pregnancies. There is such a thing as having "bad luck twice" but it is fairly uncommon. 4% of women will experience two miscarrages in a row, for various reasons.

So, I guess the short answer would be that the chances of another m/c are pretty low. Try to relax, I know from personal experience that PGAL brain is a harsh b*tch, but the statistics for people in our situation are comforting.

My first pregnancy stopped developing at 6w1d, and I found out around 8 weeks. I am now 7w1d with this pregnancy, so I know where you're coming from. Try the "Pregnant After a Loss" board. You will find some of the most incredible people you will ever meet on that board, and we are all going through the same types of emotions. Also, feel free to PM me if you have any questions or want to vent or whatever.

I hope this helps!

Suprise BFP: 8/17/11 (previous relationship)
    Natural m/c: 10/17/11
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Me (Katie)
    DX:PCOS
    DH (Adam
    Married 10/11/12
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    TTC #1 since 3/12
  • Options
    ChiAmyChiAmy member
    I guess I had bad luck twice. Both of my miscarriages were at 6 weeks 3 days. I just want to make it past that with this one....I'll feel better.

• Options

Congratulations!!!

Every pregnancy is different. I too miscarried years ago and was scared I would follow in my mother's footsteps. My poor mother miscarried 4 times and was only able to have me. I too worry it'll happen to me, but each pregnancy and person is different. Stay positive and enjoy this exciting time.  

IAmPregnant Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"