Toddlers: 24 Months+
Options

Swim hats??

I need a wide brimmed 'swim' hat for my DD. I don't even know if there is such a thing - but basically I need something that isn't that cloth material and will hold up if it gets a little wet. We are going to FL in June and I'm already super paranoid b/c DD is very fair. Any suggestions? I've looked a couple places but haven't found anything yet. Thanks!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Swim hats??

• Options
    I found this, it's currently out of stock, but is that what you mean? Oh and this. Not what I would call girly, but it's got the protection. My DD has extremely fair skin too, and I do hats, as well as sunscreen on her scalp, usually down the part. I have had too many sunburns to know to do that haha.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    image  image
  • Options

imagerjeller32:
    I found this, it's currently out of stock, but is that what you mean? Oh and this. Not what I would call girly, but it's got the protection. My DD has extremely fair skin too, and I do hats, as well as sunscreen on her scalp, usually down the part. I have had too many sunburns to know to do that haha.

Here is the search results actually, might be easier to find exactly what style you want. I just searched "toddler swim hats"

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    image  image
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    DD had one last summer, but it was a birthday gift, so I don't know where it was purchased.  It was a Speedo brand.  The fabric felt like a bathing suit, but held it's shape better.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Oh good - so they do exist! Thanks for the links, I'll be ordering a couple today. That FL sun in June can be brutal! :)
  • Options
    iPlay makes some
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I saw a neoprene hat at Marshall's the other day. It might have been speedo, I don't remember. The hat was really tight on both of my toddler's heads. Carters has a cute hat that snaps up on the sides, I think the brim could handle a little water. I think the colors are pretty gender, navy and khaki.

https://www.carters.com/on/demandware.store/SitesCartersSite/default/mProductShow?cgid=cartersq=Hatspid=V_RCPC139207Tlist=falsestart=20list=false
  • Options

I have one for my DD2. We got it from Hanna Andersson, and she wore it last year and can wear it again this year. 

Great wide brim, fastens with a tie; the hat ismade of swimsuit material but the brim is reinforced so that it keeps its shape. They call them their swimmy sunhats and they're $14 right now. 

https://www.hannaandersson.com/category.aspx?id=baby_hats+%26+sunglasses

DD1, 1/5/2008 ~~~ DD2, 3/17/2010
  • Options
    imagelite-bright:

I have one for my DD2. We got it from Hanna Andersson, and she wore it last year and can wear it again this year. 

Great wide brim, fastens with a tie; the hat ismade of swimsuit material but the brim is reinforced so that it keeps its shape. They call them their swimmy sunhats and they're $14 right now. 

https://www.hannaandersson.com/category.aspx?id=baby_hats+%26+sunglasses

LOVE! Definitely what I was looking for. Thanks ladies!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"