Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

Miscarriage at 5 weeks

I had a miscarriage at 5 weeks. I had some light bleeding on and off for the past week since I found out I was pregnant and was very nervous the whole time. My doctor took a hormone test on Thursday and then on Saturday to find out if the levels were rising. Unfortunately, before I got my results back, I woke up in the middle of the night to severe cramping and bleeding, and went to the ER. I was in severe pain and knew what was happening. The doctor on call informed me my HcG level was currently at 9, so it was obvious that I had a mc. I spoke to my regular doctor the next day found out that my hormone level was at 50 on Thursday and then was at 40 on Saturday. I am nervous that my hormone levels never rose to begin with. Has anyone experienced something similar? I suppose I am just worried that I have a hormone imbalance but perhaps I am just being paranoid. I am heartbroken.

Re: Miscarriage at 5 weeks

• Options
    Your story is similar to mine. I would have been 6 weeks when I miscarried 2 weeks ago. I had light brown bleeding for 3 days. The third day I got an hcg drawn in the morning. That result was only 10. My repeat was two days later and after my natural miscarriage. The repeat was only 4. Because of those numbers the doc never needed to see me.
  • Options
    I am so sorry for your loss. Unfortunately I do not have direct experience with this as my levels were fine with both of my losses. But with the HcG being so low and the mc happening so early it may not have been a hormonal issue, it sadly may not have been a viable pg from the beginning. The odds are very good to go onto having a successful pg in the future after a loss, especially one so early so try not to beat yourself up or stress. I would definitely mention your concerns though to your OB when you have your follow up appointment, they will be able to answer any questions or concerns that you have. Best wishes and again I'm so sorry for your loss. I hope your stay here is brief.

BFP #1 11/19/12  EDD: 7/25/13  Natural MC on 12/31/12 at 10w4d

BFP#2 3/1/13   EDD: 11/5/13   Missed MC 4/9/13 at 10w   D&C 4/11/13  
    Baby #2 diagnosed with Trisomy 16. Diagnosed Hetero MTHFR.

BFP#3 8/5/13   EDD: 4/13/14   Team Green Turned Team Blue! Our rainbow baby, Griffin R arrived via c-section (breech since 20w) on 4/11/14. 

.image            

~~Everyone Always Welcome~~

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    My nurse said I either lost the baby very early or I never was pregnant. I asked her to explain that because the 10 pregnancy tests I took said I was pregnant. She said that it may have only implanted briefly.
  • Options
    Your story is almost exactly the same as mine. My first lab draw was 42, and the second was down to 36. (I also took about 10 tests, because I was so darn excited). I had three days of brown spotting before I miscarried. So frustrating to know this happens to so many people, yet comforting to be able to hear stories of others who have gone through the same thing. I have to go in again on the 6th and am hoping my level is back to normal. My doc said the same thing, that it just wasn't a viable egg/zygote etc. I am so sorry for you and am here to talk. Keep your chin up.
  • Options
    I am 5w1d and expect to miscarry soon. My first beta level was 33; the fourth was 82. My doctor said that if my pregnancy isn't ectopic then it is an embryo with the wrong number of chromosomes. So while I am pregnant, the baby can't survive.
    So your hormones are probably fine. Maybe your embryo had some sort of malformation that made it not viable. I'm so sorry for your loss.
    TTC since December 2011
    Me: 29 ovulatory disorder
    DH: 30 MFI - low everything

IUI #1: 11/5/12 BFN
    December IUI cancelled due to cyst
    IUI #2: 1/8/13 BFN

IVF in April 2013 transferred one beautiful blast on 4/13
    Beta #1 4/22: BFP!! 33 Beta #2 54 Beta #3 70 Beta #4 83 Beta #5 105. Possible ectopic, MTX and M/C 5w4d

FET 6/21 - Beta #1: 79 BFP!! Beta #2: 253 U/S 7/12: saw the sac! U/S #2 7/19 great heartbeat of 127!! U/S #3 heartbeat of 154! U/S #4 graduated to OB

EDD 3/9/14

imageimage

• Options
    Kay6519Kay6519 member
    I'm sorry for your loss! T&P's for you! I hope you find peace and the answers you are looking for!
  • Options
    SerenlaSerenla member
    I am so sorry for your loss, ::hugs:: we are here for you.

mean_girls_35345Image and video hosting by TinyPic         PAL Sep challenge George Takei image
    Started dating in 5/9/05, Married 6/25/11
    Started TTC Feb 2013, BFP #1 3/4/13 EDD 11/10/13. MMC 4/9/13 D&C 4/22/13.
    BFP #2 7/17/13, EDD 3/29/14 ended in a CP on 7/22/13.
    BFP#3 8/19/13 EDD 5/3/14 Nerdling was born 4/29/14, welcome little one!
     All AL welcome.

image   Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Hi Margo- Please let me know how your test comes out. I hope so much that your pregnancy is a success. Is this your first?
  • Options

imageNicoleK81:
    Hi Margo- Please let me know how your test comes out. I hope so much that your pregnancy is a success. Is this your first?

Hello again Nikole,

It was my first pregnancy. I am only going in on Monday to find out if my HCG is back to zero or negative or whatever crazy thing it's supposed to be. It is eerie sometimes to read how similar our stories can be. I hope you are feeling better. I still have surprise sad attacks out of nowhere. Today was not a good day. The only thing that makes me feel better, honestly, is the thought of trying again soon. Again, so sorry for you as well. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"