August 2013 Moms
Options

First time, natural birth

Ladies, what is your birth plan? Any of you planning on going natural or had experiences with natural birth?

Re: First time, natural birth

• Options
    My plan is to do natural. This is my first so let's see how it goes. I'm not opposed to an epi but trying my best to not get it.
  • Options
    My plan is to go as long as I can stand it with no meds.  I have no real obligation to them if I think I need them.  And my OB is totally on board. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options

imagekellmw05:
    My plan is to do natural. This is my first so let's see how it goes. I'm not opposed to an epi but trying my best to not get it.

This is me exactly!  

Pregnancy Ticker BabyName Ticker
  • Options
    DH and I are currently taking Bradley classes. As far as our "plan" goes it's still in the early stages of creation, but there are a few parts to it, starting w/ asking for no cervical checks at the OB's office (can run the risk of rupturing membranes, putting you "on the clock" for delivery vs csection), laboring at home for as long as I can when the time comes, asking for limited checks at the hospital, immediate skin to skin contact (all checks will be done w/ babe in my arms) and rooming in at the hospital. If all goes well, I would like to check out and go home after LO arrives ASAP. We'll see how the plan goes though Smile
    Ezra James 08/22/2013  <3
    Nora Grace Due 12/26/2016  <3

Two Angel Babies 
    07/03/2012
    08/08/2015

"If you're still my small babe
    or you're all the way grown,
    my promise to you
    is you're never alone.
    You are my angel, my darling,
    my star...and my love will find you,
    wherever you are."
  • Options
    My plan is natural and my last birth was natural so I anticipate as long as I don't have complications I should be okay.
    imageimageimageimage

• Options
    My plan is an unmedicated birth, low intervention birth. I plan to labor at home as long as possible with the assistance of my doula (and DH of course) and then go to the hospital. I'm a FTM, so I have no experience with birth. 

12/19/2012 BFP! 
    EDD 08/26/2013 
    Our little girl arrived 8/22/2013!

• Options

Natural birth for the 4th time.  I delivered my first child in the hospital without meds after 12 hours of hard back labor.  Of course, after he was born, all pain in my back went away and I felt fantastic.  The back labor was very hard, but came and went with contractions.   If I hadn't made up my mind before hand to not get the epi, I think I would have given in.  My doula for my second son gave me stretches during pregnancy that would help lessen the risk of back labor and they worked!  I can't believe the difference in back pain they made!  I am really looking forward to a home birth this time.

IAmPregnant TickerBabyFruit TickerPregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    N_KozN_Koz member
    My plan is natural assuming this guy cooperates and I don't need to be induced then I am still going to try not to have anymore medication then necessary to induce.

image   Visit The Nest!   Visit The Nest!
    BabyFruit TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary 
  • Options
    What sort of stretches can prevent back labor? We're your other two born at home?
  • Options
    I had an unplanned natural birth. It was awful and I would never ever choose to go that route on purpose. HOWEVER, I was completely unprepared for it, I didn't die (despite feeling like I might) and now I have a perfect little girl. So if that's what you want to do, I would just say go for it, have a good plan, and best of luck!
    Nothing is more discouraging than unappreciated sarcasm. 
    AlternaTickers - Cool free Web tickers
  • Options
    Natural if possible, but plan on gettin an epidural too!!
  • Options
    MMS88MMS88 member
    With DS I didn't go in with a set plan. I knew if I needed meds I would get them. After 22 hours of labor and and epi I ended up in a c section and will be having a RCS with DD.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

med free, as much as I can. Spinal Stenosis runs in my family and I would prefer NOTHING get shoved in my spine.

I generally have a freakish pain tolerance... so I'm sure I'll be in lots of pain but I have no doubts that I can resist pain medication. 

Eat your food people. You are pregnant, not made of glass. ~PrimRoseMama
    The Benes Boys were born 9/3/13! woooo
    imageimage
  • Options

I didn't really have an option going natural with my first pregnancy in case we got into complications so I had the epidural.

With my DD I did not take the epidural, but did have some phetnol (sp?) it took the edge off and was a better experience (IMO) as far as pushing, but I don't think I could go with NO meds whatesoever I just don't have that pain threshold as some others have, if you can go natural without anything I think it's great!

• Options
    I went natural with DS.  It was my plan and I am glad it worked out that way.  That said, while in transition (I didn't know it was transition), I decided I wanted the epi and made DH go get the nurse to tell her.  Unbeknownst to me, the nurse told him it was impossible, so DH came back in and told me he would be in to do it soon.  I was so zoned out, I didn't realize it had been a while, then I felt the urge to push.  I plan to go natural again, but we shall see...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"