March 2012 Moms
Options

Banana stains Ughhh

we bought this cute new white tshirt with froggies on it for LO and it had stains on it the first day he wore it and I couldn't for the life of me figure out what they were.. then we figured out it must be banana.  He loves bananas..

Tried allsorts of stain removers and washed it till it should have fallen apart and nada .. nothing took the brow stains out.

So as a final last ditch effort I took some pure bleach to it using a cotton swab(ear buds) and dabbed it on the stains beoing careful to keep it off the applique... it started showing blue circles and lifting the stain and I was worried that was going to stay in the shirt.. but rinsed it off with cold water and voila ... no more stains. 

so if anyone else has been having the dreaded banana stain problem on white clothing... try bleach.   there was a slight fade on the applique in one spot where the bleach soaked through from the underside because there was stain right next to it.. but other than that it looks brand new :) 
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Banana stains Ughhh

• Options
    Good job!
    This is terrible, but I will not feed DS anything messy if he is wearing nice clothes. I will go as far as feeding it to him and not letting feed himself if he does happen to have a nice shirt on! He loves any kind of berries and that shiz stains!!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    eyenigheyenigh member
    After eating, hair gel is the second most popular use of bananas in our house. He always has a hunkif hair sticking straight up after a banana. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have a colored onesie with the same problem.. if anyone knows how to get the banana stains out without bleach I'd love to know!
  • Options
    WipzWipz member
    I read something about boiling hot water and bicarbonate soda ( baking powder) I think...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"