September 2011 Moms
Options

Birth stories!

Did you post your birth story on TB? If so? Share the link or tell us about you and your LO s special day!
AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Re: Birth stories!

• Options

Welcome Bo baby!

https://community.thebump.com/cs/ks/forums/thread/58670037.aspx

So fun to look back...I see some continuity of my adoration Embarrassed

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I didn't post one because I wasn't a super frequent poster at that point.

I left work on Friday, 9/23, feeling like I was having contractions. It was B's due date and I had had an OB appointment the day before where I was told I was barely a finger tip dilated.

That night I woke with painful contractions, went to the bathroom and lost my mucous plug. I was still having painful, timable contractions a few hours later so, we went to L&D in the wee hours of the morning on 9/24. The nurses hooked me up and monitored me for awhile, told me I wasn't in labor and I was sent home around 3pm.

We went home and I spent most of the evening on the couch. I took a nap and around 11:30 pm I woke up to pee and felt a "pop" as I was getting up. There was just the smallest trickle of fluid so I assumed I peed myself. SO thought my water had broken and called the OB on call while I was in the bathroom. The doctor told him the baby's head was probably acting as a cork, which would have prevented a gush of fluid and that I better come in. I was really resistant to go in again and was sure they would send me home.

They had to do 2 different tests to confirm my water broke. The doctor then talked me into a pit drip (my biggest mistake) because he wanted me to deliver within the 24 hour window. I progressed so fast that I missed the opportunity to get the spinal and B was born about 8 hours after my water broke on 9/25 at 7:36am.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Wow, look at the old faces who commented on your birth stories! JoMatt, Lyse, Azrayla....

Here's Rylee's: might be a mess thanks to bumpMobile!

Labor and delivery...
    So my thoughts going into delivering a baby were centered around "ignorance is bliss". I knew it wasn't going to be easy but i didn't want to freak myself out and get tied up in the what ifs. I'm a worrier by nature so this was going to be a challenge. Side note: We took Childbirth Classes remotely via the web... They were a great alternative to attending a weekend long course at the local hospital and since the classes were online we could go back to rewatch certain portions... BUT, everything I learned in the classes I don't think I remembered any of it come labor time, and it didn't matter either because the nurses tell you exactly what to do! I don't regret the classes but I don't think they are THAT necessary. Just my opinion.

How things got going...
    I had my 1st internal on Tue 8/23 and was told i was 80 effaced and 1.5 cm. I wasn't having contractions other than the BH I've been getting since 20 weeks. Fast forward a few days... We had a hurricane in Boston on August 28/29 my contractions started the afternoon of the 29th. Nothing regular but enough for me to notice them. They felt exactly like AF cramps. Nothing I couldn't handle, and I could still talk thru them. I decided to start timing them for practice using the iPhone Ap "Full Term" which was really helpful! At my 2nd internal, Tue 8/30, my OB said I was only 2 cm but my cervix was very thin and the baby was very low; she then told me she expected I might even go into labor that afternoon. Why bother telling me that, btw! Just sets you up for disappointment. That obviously didn't happen but I was ok with it. DH had some big projects at work and they would keep him busy until Friday Sept 2nd. He kept joking with me, telling me to hold off on having our daughter until after Friday. As fate would have it, Friday night after a nice dinner out, and a warm bath we went off to bed and I was up at 1:30am w/ full blown contractions!!!! I let DH sleep an extra hour before waking him, then I jumped in the shower, took my sweet time shaving, and managed to blow dry my hair between contractions. Call me lame, but I was determined to look decent for my girls big day and I knew I wouldn't have the opportunity to do anything at the hospital. Again, using the Full Term ap on my iPhone, we timed the contractions until they were 34 minutes apart, and then headed to the hospital at 4:30am!

At the hospital.
    When we got there I called my OB ahead of time so they were expecting me they offered me a wheelchair several times and I refused. It was just easier to deal with the contractions standing up. After they hooked me up and checked things out, I was having contractions that were 2.5 min apart, and i was 6cm dilated!! I was still feeling pretty good at this point, so I
    walked from triage to LD. Let me just say, I was expecting far worse pain at 6cm dilated and it just was not the case... I almost considered, for about 3 seconds, not getting the EPI! When we got to LD, I was checked again and was 7/8 cm! Within 30 minutes I got the EPI at 8cm and welcomed my eager family in to say hi. As soon as I was a 9/10, we kicked the family out so it was just DH and my twin sister.

I started pushing at 11:45 never really felt the ring of fire so to say, but there was a point when i really didn't think she was going to fit. It was more pressure than pain until that very last minute when her head came out and even that wasnt too terrible. Sweet little Rylee Marie came out at 12:35pm on Saturday September 3rd, 2011.

So, for the other juicy details... I definitely pooped on the table... ha! I got one very long stitch [2nd degree]. Rylee scored on the Apgar with an 8 9. She was slightly jaundice 11.5 but they said it was not concerning and just wanted to keep an eye on her. Rylee weighed 7lbs, 8oz, and was 20.5 inches long. She looks just like her dad and nothing like me... But that's ok... Just hoping this dark hair falls out and grows in blonde. Hehe.
  • Options
    imagevnstacie:

vnstacie, I remember reading yours and thinking "I do NOT want my water to break at work!" so when I started having contractions at the office I high-tailed it out of there!

• Options
    Oh wow! Right now I was thinking about that. I still remember EVERYTHING. I didn't post it :[ because I wasn't bumping then either. I could post ir later... mmm I think I should do a thread for those who didn't post it :P eta: oh some post it here. I'll post mine too.

• Options
    I didn't post one either...just never got the chance..a lot like her baby book, which I still hate myself for not keeping up with.

BUT I love seeing our toddlers as squishy babies again!
  • Options

Here is Leah's (can't make it clicky on my iPad, sorry):

https://community.thebump.com/cs/ks/forums/thread/57550096.aspx

I didn't really post one for Ally...

Thursday morning 2/21 my Dr. stripped my membranes, contractions started getting painful around dinner time, but mangeable and irregular and stayed that way until I decided to go to bed around 11.  Woke up at 2am to painful contractions lasting 90 seconds, 6 minutes apart.  I timed them like that for an hour and was about to wake my H when they spread back out to 12 min. So I got up and folded laundry, lol.  When I laid back down they were only lasting 30 seconds, but coming every 2 to 3 min, so I got a little freaked out because we had a 30 - 45 min drive to the hospital.  I woke up my H, we took showers and headed to the hospital.  On the way I was sure I would be sent home because contractions spread back out to 12 min apart.

They monitored me and the nurse asked if I took castor oil because my contractions were so irregular and apparently castor oil can cause that (but it didn't).  I was only 3.5 cm when we got there about 6 am, but when they checked me again after about an hour and a half I was 5cm and 90% effaced so they admitted me, I got the epi, they broke may water and we tried to get some sleep.  They came in around 11:30 and checked me and I was ready, so they got all set up and we started pushing.  Ally was born at noon on 2/22 after about 5 pushes and I had no tearing.  It was awesome.  She was 6lbs 12oz and 19.5 inches.

She had a short cord so they couldn't put her up to my chest.  They laid her on my belly and let the cord pulse out, about 10 min.  Then they took her to clean her up and weigh her and all of that.

Both of my pregnancies and L&D experiences have been wonderful.  I feel so lucky.  

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Baby BROTHER is on the way! ~ EDD 6/12/2015
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Tuesday I went to my OB/GY app as usual. The doc tried to put Matt in position but the little monster decided to pull up when the doc tried to grab him. So the doc said "Sweety I think you'll need a c section". To which I answered "Ok perfect! I don't mind it at all". So we scheduel it for Monday, September 19 at 6 pm. I was in the hospital at 4:30 and I was told to changed and H was with me but the nurse told him wait outside and that the doc was gonna call him in. In that moment panic started. I started repeat my favorite Psalm again and again when finally my doc arrived. He got there early at 5:00 so he said to get me in. They put on the anesthesia [thank God that didn't hurt a bit] and H came in with the doc who said with a smile "Well, let's start!" All I kept on thinking was how Matt was gonna look. Hundreds and hundreds of images went through my mind. I kept waiting to hear him cry. I saw H's face... right then I knew the doc got Matt out but instead of hearing the first nice words about my son or his cried I heard the doc say "Woah!!! This little guy just pooped all over me!" THEN I heard Matt. Yeap, Matt made himself noticed. The doc showed him to me right after that... and that's the most wonderful image I have... nothing I imaged can compare to those big eyes and that little puckered mouth. Matt was born at 5:30 September 19 and weighed 7 lbs and 5oz and height 21 inches and a half.

• Options

I was due on 8/27 and had been dialated to a 4 since 8/7, but had made no progress since then. We tried everything, and I had timeable painful contractions every day, but they never amounted to anything. On 8/31 I went to my appt and was bawling. I was in so much pain and so tired of being pregnant, the dr told me she would induce the next morning.

on 9/1 we arrived at the hospital at 7 and got signed in and hooked up. At 8 they started my pit and the dr broke my water. By 10:30 I was dilated to a 5 and asked for my epi, but they were in surgery. At 1 they came in, gave me my epi, and checked me. I was at an 8 and didn't feel a thing.  At 3:30 I felt pressure and when the nurse checked me I was complete but M was pretty high up. They sat me in a sitting position until 4:45. I started pushing at 5and M was born at 5:26. The first words out of my drs mouth were "wow, I just knew he was bigger."

He weighed 7lb6.5oz and was 19 3/4 in long. At a sono the week before they had guessed he was almost 9 lb.

i had a 4th degree tear and had to have 32 stitches. I've never been in that much pain and I hope I don't tear like that again. But it was all worth it for this little monster man!  

• Options
    Pips09Pips09 member
    I never did, because I wasn't Bumping back then. It was really traumatic and I still become very emotional when retelling it.
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

• Options

I swear I posted it here but the history doesn't go back that far and I don't feel like searching through google to find it.  So here is a copy and paste of it from a FB doc so the formatting may be a little off.

This will be long and some TMI.

Saturday (Sept. 3) was like any other Saturday. I felt great overall, tired but that was my only issue. I

went to BRU and Target to complete my registries. I went to bed around 10PM because I was tired and

wanted to be energized to do laundry, pack the hospital bag, and clean the house on Sunday.

About 1:15AM Sunday I woke up to go pee. As I was working my way out of bed I had to fart. I stopped

moving and let it go. I felt a little gush when the fart came out and I just thought I peed myself a little.

Wouldn?t be the first time I did that while pregnant. It wasn?t much; just enough to get my underwear

wet but not my sheets. When I sat up on the end of the bed I felt another small gush. I figured it was

the same thing. When I got to the bathroom I sat on the toilet and had a big gush. I figured I had to pee

so bad it just came out on its own. It?s happened before. Then I started to pee. I noticed there was a

slight difference between the gush and the pee sensations. My first thought was that my water broke

but then I dismissed the thought because I had no other symptoms of labor and there was no hint of

blood at all.

I went back to bed and had pain in my lower abdomen. It was a constant pain but after a few minutes I

noticed it seemed to spike every few minutes. I started timing the spikes and they were every 3-7

minutes and lasted 30-50 seconds. About 2AM I had to pee again so I went into the bathroom and had

the same thing happen ? a big gush then a little pee. This time I looked and there was blood. I was glad

I brought my cell phone to the bathroom with me. I called the doctor while sitting on the toilet, told him

about my two trips to the bathroom, the spiking cramps, and the blood. He told me it sounded like my

water broke and to head on into the hospital. I put on a pad and went to go wake up Jay who fell asleep

on the couch. We ran around crazy packing for the hospital. I called my parents while we were on the

way to let them know they should be prepared to head down in the next several hours.

We get to the hospital just after 3AM. I get changed into a hospital gown and leaked all over the place.

I get hooked up to the monitors and was definitely having contractions every 4-7 minutes. I was 1? cm

dilated at that time. I was 1cm at my 37 week appointment that Monday. It took a while for the nurse

to get a positive test that my water had broken. Luckily she was in the bathroom with me once and I

leaked all over the floor movie style and had no doubt my water had broken, just needed that positive

test. I sat down to pee again, lost more water and my mucous plug. She finally had the positive test and

was able to put us in our suite around 4:30AM. I was told the doctor would be in around noon unless

things changed. I had no issue with this because I knew it would be a while before things really got

going and he would be needed.

I called my parents back around 6AM knowing they were waiting to hear from me. Jay called his parents

and sister around 9AM. FIL and SMIL showed up around 11AM. We just hung out, chatted, and

watched tv. I was able to talk through my contractions at this point.

About 11:30AM I was told that I would be getting some pitocin because my labor was not progressing

fast enough considering my water had broken about 10 hours earlier. Within minutes of getting the

pitocin my contractions started getting stronger. I could still talk through them but it was harder and by

12:30PM I had to breathe through them.

The doctor finally came in to check me just after 12:30PM and I was 4cm dilated and contractions were

every 3-5 minutes. I was able to get my epidural once the anesthesiologist was out of an emergency ?

my doctor was in there too and that delayed his getting to see me. About 1:30PM the epi was in and it

was heaven. I could still move my legs and feel when someone touched me in the area that the epi was

supposed to numb but I could not feel the contractions. That was good enough for me. My parents

showed up just as the anesthesiologist was leaving. Again, we just sat around waiting and chatting. SIL

and her DH showed up around 4PM.

They checked me again at 4:30PM and I was 8 cm dilated and contractions were every 3 minutes. At

this point I was starting to feel pressure in my butthole, my right hip, and lower back on my right side

with each contraction but nothing in my abdomen. I mentioned the pain in my hip and back and he

checked and Cody was not face down, he was face up looking towards my left shoulder. The doctor had

me lay on my left side and said he?d be back to check me in 15 minutes. This is when my sister finally

arrived.

At 4:45PM the pressure in my and the pain in my hip and back had increased and was becoming

constant and spiking with the contractions. I was 9 cm dilated at this point. He said he would be back to

check me at 5PM. During this time I could start to feel the contractions in my lower abdomen ? low like

where I would normally feel period cramps.

At 4:50PM I started to feel the slightest urge to push. I didn?t and after a couple more contractions and

the urge increasing my sister ran out to tell the nurses that I needed to push. They had me wait for the

doctor.

At 5PM, the doctor came in like he said and checked and I was 9-1/2cm dilated and Cody had about

turned to the correct position. He said he would be back in 10 minutes to check again. So I breathed

through the contractions and fought the ever increasing urge to push. About this time everyone except

Jay, my mom and my sister started making their exit to the waiting room.

Doctor came in about 5:15PM and I was 10cm dilated, Cody had turned, and was ready to start pushing.

After the first few pushes the pain in my hip and lower right side increased significantly to what it had

been when they had me turn to my left side. Cody turned back to face up. The more I pushed and

closer to out Cody got the pain in my hip/back became more and more unbearable. I had never felt pain

like this. It was so bad that I barely noticed the contractions and had to ask if one was starting in order

to tell that I really was feeling them.

About 6:15PM, after 1 hour of pushing and progress slowing because of Cody being sunny-side up, I told

the doctor that the pain in my right side was so bad that I was running out of energy to push. He offered

a couple suggestions. I can keep pushing for another 20-40 minutes to get Cody out or if I can?t do it in

10 pushes we can use some suction to get him out sooner. I asked if I would need an episiotomy if we

used the suction and he said no. Cody was low enough that the device would reach without any issues.

The doctor also said that I would be doing all the work and the suction would be very slight aid in getting

him out. The pain in my hip was so bad that I agreed to the suction knowing it wouldn?t hurt Cody, just

give him a slightly odd shaped head temporarily and a slight hickey. I gave the 10 best pushes I could

and Cody didn?t come out so on when the suction. I think it took about 4 pushes with the suction for

him to come out. As soon as his head was out all the pain in my body went away. And at 6:27PM my

boy was born. He weighed 7lbs 11oz, and is 21 inches long. He looks just like his daddy but with the

chin dimple that runs in my family. It took a few seconds but he started crying. The most beautiful

sound ever. Jay cut the cord and they put Cody on my chest to hold him before starting to clean him up

and getting all his vitals. I told Jay that he could go over with the nurse as they cleaned me up. He said

that Cody was fine with the nurses and he didn?t want to get in their way. So he stayed by my side. I

guess our parents and siblings were gathered outside the door to my room listening the whole time. I

am told that once Cody cried they were all cheering in the hallway. I didn?t hear it but Jay, the doctor,

and nurses all did. I think I was just so relieved that the pain was gone and Cody was crying.

I got some stitches because I have a second degree tear. And during all of this my hemorrhoids got so

big that they were putting ice on them while I was pushing. Once I was all cleaned up I got really cold

and they put some heated blankets on me. It took me a good 30-45 minutes or so to warm up enough

to stop shivering.

We made the family wait a few minutes after Cody was born and I was all cleaned up to be just the 3 of

us. We didn?t make them wait too long, probably 20 minutes while I tried to warm up and relax and

recover a bit. They were very understanding of this and would?ve waited longer if we wanted if we

wanted more time. When they did come in they didn?t stay very long. I finally got to eat something. I

hadn?t eaten since dinner Saturday evening. I was so hungry. If I?d have known I couldn?t eat once I got

to the hospital I would?ve had a sandwich on the way to the hospital. MIL showed up around 8:30PM.

She wanted to wait until everything was done and everyone was gone so it would be less stress.

Around 9PM the nurses came in to get me up for the first time. Once I sat up I got dizzy so I layed back

down and said we would try again in a while. Around 10ish they came in to try again. I got up and was

just slightly lightheaded. I made it all the way to the toilet but couldn?t pee. Completely normal

considering the trauma my body had just gone through. While I was sitting on the toilet I got really dizzy

and they cracked open one of those ammonia capsules. That got me to react but not enough. I guess I

became incoherent and one of the nurses went to get a wheelchair. I swear I remember moving from

the toilet to the wheelchair but Jay says I was still on the toilet when I fainted. I came to a couple

minutes later in the wheel chair next to my bed. I got back into bed and they had to use a catheter to

get me to pee. We tried again around 6AM and I was able to make it to the bathroom and pee. I was

lightheaded but not too bad. They also drew some blood at this time. We tried again around noon and I

was even better so I was given the okay to get out of bed.

My parents stopped in for a bit and were there when the nurses told me the blood test results said I was

very anemic. When they read the numbers (which meant nothing to me besides I was anemic) my mom

asked at what levels they do a blood transfusion at. I was borderline with that level but they didn?t do a

transfusion or even mention the possibility of doing one. It then made sense to me why I was so cold

after delivery and why Jay stayed by my side instead of going over with Cody while I was being cleaned

up. I guess I was so pale that you could barely tell where my lips were because there was no color in

them.

Jay was a trooper through the whole thing. The whole pregnancy he said that he didn?t want to watch

Cody coming out or cut the cord but he did both. He has been great and is loving being a daddy. He did

the first few diaper changes and feedings. I was too weak to really do anything.

The first night we sent Cody to the nursery so we could get some sleep. We had been up for about 21

hours by the time we were all done and ready to go to sleep. I didn?t get much sleep that night. I kept

waking up but a fresh ice pack put me right back to sleep. Never thought a bunch of ice on my vag

would feel like heaven. The second night we kept him in our room until the nurse took him at 3AM to

do the tests required for discharge.

The doctor cleared us all to go home around 9AM Tuesday morning. He has a small case of jaundice but

is getting better. We got home around noon since it took us forever to get everything together because

I had to move slow and keep resting. Things have been going well so far. We are all learning each other

and adjusting fairly well. We?ve been doing shifts overnight ? at each feeding/diaper change

combination we switch so we sleep in 3-4 hours stretches overnight and are all pretty much awake

together during the day.

And that is how my little man came into the world.

imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    imagealli&dan:

I didn't post one because I wasn't a super frequent poster at that point.

I left work on Friday, 9/23, feeling like I was having contractions. It was B's due date and I had had an OB appointment the day before where I was told I was barely a finger tip dilated.

That night I woke with painful contractions, went to the bathroom and lost my mucous plug. I was still having painful, timable contractions a few hours later so, we went to L&D in the wee hours of the morning on 9/24. The nurses hooked me up and monitored me for awhile, told me I wasn't in labor and I was sent home around 3pm.

We went home and I spent most of the evening on the couch. I took a nap and around 11:30 pm I woke up to pee and felt a "pop" as I was getting up. There was just the smallest trickle of fluid so I assumed I peed myself. SO thought my water had broken and called the OB on call while I was in the bathroom. The doctor told him the baby's head was probably acting as a cork, which would have prevented a gush of fluid and that I better come in. I was really resistant to go in again and was sure they would send me home.

They had to do 2 different tests to confirm my water broke. The doctor then talked me into a pit drip (my biggest mistake) because he wanted me to deliver within the 24 hour window. I progressed so fast that I missed the opportunity to get the spinal and B was born about 8 hours after my water broke on 9/25 at 7:36am.

This is crazy. I can't believe how similar our stories are!! DS was also due 9/23. I didn't go into work that day because after my appointment on 9/22, I was sent to the hospital for a non-stress test since they couldn't get baby's heartrate to jump. I ended up having to spend the night for observation because, during the test, his heartrate dropped (totally normal, but since they caught it on record, they had to keep me). Anyway, I was sent home the afternoon of 9/23. The night of 9/24, just before going to bed (it was about 11:00pm), I felt a "pop" and then a few minutes later, I felt a huge gush (my water broke and baby's head did not plug anything, haha!). Went to the hospital where they tested to make sure it truly was my water breaking (I spent 2 hours in triage... they must've thought I was stupid!). DS was born at 7:39am on 9/25.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"