November 2013 Moms
Options

low lying placenta

Confirmed today I have a low lying placenta. There's a slight chance of it turning into placenta previva so we will watch it. But most likely its the cause of all the bleeding. But good note baby looks great and has a nice heartbeat of 153.

Re: low lying placenta

• Options

I have that too. The doctor never said anything to me about it even after I saw him after the 12 week ultrasound. But they upload the results online to the patient portal and it said anterior low lying placenta. I had no idea what this meant so after Googling I realized a lot of times it moves on its own (which I'm guessing is why the doc never said anything about it at this point), but if it doesn't, it could lead to bed rest and a guaranteed C-section?? Anything else we need to know about placenta previa? 

Great news about the heartbeat :) 

• Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Glad to hear baby is doing well.  FX the low-lying placenta doesn't become problematic for you.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic image Married 9/24/11 & TTC #1
    ~Trying for our rainbow baby~
    Me: 33 Him: 34
    Not preventing since 1/1/2012
    BFP #1 1/21/12 mmc @ 9wks d&c 3/5/12
    TTA until 9/1/12
    2 AO/irregular cycles Oct/Nov with abnormal TSH b/w
    Started TTC again 12/1/12
    BFP #2 12/31/2012 c/p 1/5/13
  • Options
    I'm not too worried about it, I'm sure as I grow it will move, and I'm not doing a vbac anyway. But I was just glad to know that this was most likely the cause of all the bleeding. I hate not knowing what causes that.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"